First Opportunity to Ride Diamondback

BoddaH1994

As long as the Early access is 1 hour early as opposed to a half hour like last year, I'm really excited. That would be a huge benefit. You could possibly get 2 or 3 rides in before the park opens, depending on the day.

About opening day: is there a place nearby the park where you could camp out the night before? Or is a hotel your only option?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E-Mail I recieved from Don Helbig after expressing my opinion and asking why it was taken away:

Jackson,

When all of the benefits and perks for Gold and Platinum pass holders were being reviewed prior to Christmas, the decision was made to provide our Gold and Platinum pass holders with a greater benefit than a one-day event – early access every day on Diamondback plus another major roller coaster each morning. Early access on Diamondback and another major roller coaster is a season-long benefit that all of our Gold and Platinum pass holders have an opportunity to enjoy and take advantage of.

Please contact me should you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Don Helbig

Area Manager, Public Relations

Kings Island

.....ERT on The Beast on its 30th anniversary?

....EVERY DAY of the season?

...count me in.

E-Mail I recieved from Don Helbig after expressing my opinion and asking why it was taken away:

Jackson,

When all of the benefits and perks for Gold and Platinum pass holders were being reviewed prior to Christmas, the decision was made to provide our Gold and Platinum pass holders with a greater benefit than a one-day event – early access every day on Diamondback plus another major roller coaster each morning. Early access on Diamondback and another major roller coaster is a season-long benefit that all of our Gold and Platinum pass holders have an opportunity to enjoy and take advantage of.

Please contact me should you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Don Helbig

Area Manager, Public Relations

Kings Island

.....ERT on The Beast on its 30th anniversary?

....EVERY DAY of the season?

...count me in.

If it was going to be The Beast as the 2nd ride every day, he would probably have said so. Likely it will be a rotating schedule of rides with The Beast being in the rotation several times. Just my guess.

The Beast is certainly my preference for ERT, and not to mention it would be convenient most likely (due to the location).

Upon reading this thread, I did realize something that no one seems to have pointed out, so allow me. While I agree and believe that morning ERT on Diamondback was announced along with SPPN, ERT on another ride was not. Unless I'm forgetting something major, that is an extra add-on. The traditional Beast Walkback brought you to the entrance in time for the first ride of the day, but that was usually at or close to opening. This way if/when (hopefully most of the time) The Beast is up for ERT, that means quite a bit of extra rides before the general public makes its way to the back of the park. For those that enjoyed The Beast Walkback, that's quite a bit of extra rides. If you throw in Diamondback on top of that, you have a great morning line-up to get you ready for a day of fun at the island. Now doesn't that make it sound better?

Those who were planning to attend are going to be disappointed, yes. I am too. I'm disappointed just because I was looking forward to an extra day without having to wait in as long of lines. Let's look on the bright side here too. According to the operating calendar, there is a public operating day the following Friday from 5-10. Join me in line on that day, as it should be somewhat similar. (Please don't let them take that one away!) Not to mention, the calendar shows even more days that KI is open this year as compared to the previous ones.

Overall, I'm still happy so far! Join me, it'll be a more fun adventure if you start out happy!

Those who were planning to attend are going to be disappointed, yes. I am too. I'm disappointed just because I was looking forward to an extra day without having to wait in as long of lines. Let's look on the bright side here too. According to the operating calendar, there is a public operating day the following Friday from 5-10. Join me in line on that day, as it should be somewhat similar. (Please don't let them take that one away!) Not to mention, the calendar shows even more days that KI is open this year as compared to the previous ones.

I was/am disappointed, we were planning to go down with another family and make a weekend of it, it would work out well because that Friday is still part of Easter break. We haven't huddled yet, but now the plan probaby will be to join you. We may not make much/any of Friday night time, but we should have all day Saturday, and in this case, a few hours Sunday morning before the trip back to Toledo.

For those who KI is your local park, be happy, us near CP have an additional month to wait!!!!!

Ok, I have a question that kind of fits in this thread since it is about the first opportunity to ride Diamondback, I renewed my Gold Pass at the end of last year for $85 and printed out the reciept but never got the chance to get it scanned and stuff. So I am just wondering, since I want to be one of the first on Diamondback that day, when I could possibly have this stuff taken care of before this date, also, I thought I heard something once that said you could get into the park once with just the reciept, is that true, or do I have to go to the season pass area to get my pass renewed? Thanks in advance- G-Force

^^Don't quote this as fact, but there should likely be opportunities to go to KI and have your Gold Pass processed, assuming they do need to scan your pass first for it to be valid for the 09 season, before April 18th.

I'm guessing your pass does need to be scanned to be vaild, but you'll want to call KI to confirm that.

As for your receipt situation...I would not be expecting to show up to KI at the time when they first open the gate turnstiles and expect to get in with only a receipt and an un-processed pass, if it has to be processed. But again, calling KI to confirm is your best bet.

Morning ERT on Diamondback sounds amazing. I remember going to the park one morning at the rope drop and going over to Vortex, Sitting in 7-1, and on the first drop, HELLO! Talk about a wake up! Imagine Diamondbacks first drop!

What really has me anxious is the ERT on the other major Roller Coaster, I actually do NOT want it to be on The Beast because not only does it have short lines all day long, but also it gives better rides later in the day. I would prefer it be on rides with normally long lines like Firehawk, Invertigo, or, Flight of Fear!

With all of the crowds most definately at Diamondback not only during ERT but for Regular operation, I can tell 2009 is going to be an AMAZING YEAR!

^^Don't quote this as fact, but there should likely be opportunities to go to KI and have your Gold Pass processed, assuming they do need to scan your pass first for it to be valid for the 09 season, before April 18th.

I'm guessing your pass does need to be scanned to be vaild, but you'll want to call KI to confirm that.

As for your receipt situation...I would not be expecting to show up to KI at the time when they first open the gate turnstiles and expect to get in with only a receipt and an un-processed pass, if it has to be processed. But again, calling KI to confirm is your best bet.

Doesn't the park usually have days prior to opening day when folks can get their passes processed? Unless I'm crazy, I seem to remember hearing that somewhere. Mine's all set, got it processed on 11-1-08.

I remember going to the park one morning at the rope drop and going over to Vortex, Sitting in 7-1, and on the first drop, HELLO! Talk about a wake up! Imagine Diamondbacks first drop!

You want to talk about a wake-up call.. one morning when the gates opened, I went straight for Drop Tower. If that doesn't wake you up, I don't know what will.

I either wake up by MF or Maverick when I go to CP. Nothing like a 300 foot, 80 degree drop or an LSM launch to a 95 degree drop to open those eyes. ;)

I believe in 2008 the 9:00am- 10:00am early entry rides were....

MForce, Maverick, Raptor, Skyhawk, Iron Dragon, and Planet Snoopy

Yeah Millennium Force, Maverick, Raptor, Skyhawk, Iron Dragon, and Planet Snoopy. When I was there in May Maverick wasn't running for two full days, so the second day they opened Top Thrill Dragster early along with Power Tower. I got a 15 min wait for the front seat on TTD in the morning during the ERT, that was a real wake up call. They were only loading six people per train, so after we got off the line was over an hour long. lol

Ok so I just found out my first trip to KI will be Friday May 8th and Saturday May 9th. The four of us have season passes. So we will get the ERT on Diamondback. How long do you think the lines will be on that Friday since all the kiddies will be in school still. I know its gonna be hectic that Saturday. But we hope to get all our Diamondback riding done on Friday then ride everything else Saturday.

Ok so I just found out my first trip to KI will be Friday May 8th and Saturday May 9th. The four of us have season passes. So we will get the ERT on Diamondback. How long do you think the lines will be on that Friday since all the kiddies will be in school still. I know its gonna be hectic that Saturday. But we hope to get all our Diamondback riding done on Friday then ride everything else Saturday.

Probably not bad. Or really bad. It's incredibly hard to predict crowd levels 3+ months in advance. Wish I could help, but my crystal ball is cloudy this decade. :)

Seriously though, it shouldn't be that bad early Friday, later on you might have a problem.

Well we are staying at the Kings Island resort so we are gonna catch the bus around 8:30 or 9 over to the park. So we'll be there all of both days.

I think you'll be fine. Just make sure you take advantage of the ERT for Diamondback. That will be a great way to start your day.

Friday, the 8th could be a big Math & Science day, however. I know usually ours was around the 2nd Friday of May or so, and our school district brought over 3,000.

But as a whole I don't think that Friday will be super bad, especially if the weather isn't completely the best.