Vortex Centrifugal Force

Jasper

For the arguement about whether objects fall out during the corkscrews; you walk out underneith the corkscrews and tell me that everything stays in the car. I worked at Vortex in 2003 and every single day we had to go out and get phones, wallets, hats, etc. Not to mention there were thousands of coins underneith. Heck when I was a guest in 2002 my wallet fell out of my pocket on Vortex and it was discovered underneith the corkscrews and sent to guest relations where I picked it up several days later.

Have you ever noticed that sometimes there are coins that have fallen out of peoples' pockets on the floor of The Vortex trains? They are not restrained and they do not fall out.......

I found almost a dollar in change in Vortex's very front seat one day last year, and another quarter on Beast.. see, you CAN make money riding coasters! ;)

I'm not implying anything. I'm merely stating the fact that it was never firmly established how this happened. The sad reality is that restraints must nowadays be designed not just to cope with ride forces, but also with riders who may wish to exit or tempt fate.

Yes, suicide prevention is factored in to the design of the restraints.....

i dought that on The Beast expecially when you hit the trim breaks after the first drop.

Trim brakes? On The Beast? There are no trim brakes on The Beast. At least that's what Gordon Bombay and Captain Nemo seem to claim. ;) Those four sets of them are just your imagination at work.

Pfffff! Yeah. It didn't work with me either! :lol:

Heck when I was a guest in 2002 my wallet fell out of my pocket on Vortex and it was discovered underneith the corkscrews and sent to guest relations where I picked it up several days later.

The same thing happened to me on Vortex with a cell phone in early May of this past year. Well...at least it was found on Vortex. I can't say where. Kings Island was nice enough to call one of my contacts so that it would be returned to me!

If such a velocity and radius gives A to be less than 9.8, you'll fall out of your seat.

Which means if you have the same attitude as me, the tops of all hills MUST be at least slightly less than 9.8.

How about on The Beast or Flightdeck or Adventure Express? I think you would stay nice and safe inside your seat without a seatbelt on those....

i dought that on The Beast expecially when you hit the trim breaks after the first drop.

Now, if we could just get those trims to go on break, we'd have it made!!! ;)

Trim brakes? On The Beast? There are no trim brakes on The Beast. At least that's what Gordon Bombay and Captain Nemo seem to claim. ;) Those four sets of them are just your imagination at work.

Pfffff! Yeah. It didn't work with me either! :lol:

Heck when I was a guest in 2002 my wallet fell out of my pocket on Vortex and it was discovered underneith the corkscrews and sent to guest relations where I picked it up several days later.

The same thing happened to me on Vortex with a cell phone in early May of this past year. Well...at least it was found on Vortex. I can't say where. Kings Island was nice enough to call one of my contacts so that it would be returned to me!

If such a velocity and radius gives A to be less than 9.8, you'll fall out of your seat.

Which means if you have the same attitude as me, the tops of all hills MUST be at least slightly less than 9.8.

Oh dear. Dare-to-Fly, that formula won't work for what you are after!!! Same general idea, just a slightly different formula.

The golden equation for centripetal acceleration:

A = (V^2)/R where A = acceleration, V = velocity vector and R = radius

Roger, Roger

Do we have clearance, Clarence?

Whats our vector, Victor?

LOL...sorry. I start reading math, and my mind just wonders.....