Paramount Names Remain for '09?

Firehawk07

While i was reding the Diamondback blog today don Helbig said:

Mark your calendar! Saturday, April 18, 2009 is Opening Day at Kings Island. April 18 will your first opportunity to take a ride on the new Diamondback roller coaster -- the tallest, fastest and meanest roller coaster to ever strike Kings Island. This will also be your first chance of the new season to take a ride on The Beast -- still the longest wooden roller coaster in the world celebrating 30 years of terror in 2009 -- and to catch up with all your favorite Nickelodeon characters and Scooby Doo!

I thought all traces of paramount would be gone by the 2009 season! Why is there still Nickolodeon?

To see this for yourself go to: http://www.kiDiamondback.com/public/latest/blog/

Me too! in previous post's I thought the nick stuff had to go,,,,That's good it will be around!!!!! I wonder for 2009 if they will do some nostalgia stuff again for the park...Events

I hope 2010-2012 they add to Coney mall.. some flat classic rides.....and maybe a new water attraction over in the Boomerang BAY:

================================================================================

=================

Also Hope like the rest of there parks they don't take out the log flume ever!!!!!!!!

I thought so too, only to find that indeed their license hadn't expired yet. I'm not sure what they are going to do when they have all this themed stuff in the Nick area and can't use it anymore. It would be a shame, perhaps even a waste if they didn't do something about it.

Or one even better, if they bring back Hanna Barbera characters and themes.

Which Scooby is, and don't they even still have some of the older Hanna Barbera characters running about from time to time. I guess not now that it says Scooby Doo and nick characters.

Nick is owned by Viacom, so they made a different deal I guess. Weird though cause Paramount is too. I'm sure it be expensive to keep that license up though. Probably more so than Nick. Just a guess though, that's a bit of a stretch.

I have also walked past the pay phones (not sure exactly where), but the scrolling letters on the screen still said Paramount's Kings Island.

I figure it will take a while for the change to be 100% complete.. but when traces of the logo still appear from time to time, it is slightly amusing (no pun intended). :P

There are still remnants from the pre-Paramount days in certain behind-the-scenes areas of the park. Granted, there's not much point in getting rid of those things, since licensing isn't an issue.

I used to work at a Plant in Tulsa that used to be shared by North American Aviation and Douglas. So North American merged with Rockwell to become North American Rockwell, who changed their name to Rockwell International and then sold to Boeing. Then Douglas merged with McDonnell to become McDonnell Douglas and then was bought by Boeing. Finally Boeing sold to Onex and the company was named Spirit Aerosystems. Anyways, inside the plant you still see every single company's name, it was always really cool to see all of the old logos.

hope 2010-2012 they add to Coney mall.. some flat classic rides.....and maybe a new water attraction over in the Boomerang BAY:

Completely agree, I would love a few more classic flat rides.

Me too! in previous post's I thought the nick stuff had to go,,,,That's good it will be around!!!!! I wonder for 2009 if they will do some nostalgia stuff again for the park...Events

I hope 2010-2012 they add to Coney mall.. some flat classic rides.....and maybe a new water attraction over in the Boomerang BAY:

================================================================================

=================

Also Hope like the rest of there parks they don't take out the log flume ever!!!!!!!!

I agree about the new ride in BB. But

1. they really dont have much room unless they take out an attraction or 2

but i really want to see over there is maybe a makeover, like new paint on the slides.

make the atmosphere look nicer some fake palm trees by the pool maybe just something to make it not look like a colorful concrete and metal jungle.

=================

I agree about the new ride in BB. But

1. they really dont have much room unless they take out an attraction or 2

but i really want to see over there is maybe a makeover, like new paint on the slides.

make the atmosphere look nicer some fake palm trees by the pool maybe just something to make it not look like a colorful concrete and metal jungle.

I would really like to see an activities pool at BB, not sure where they'd put it though.

yea, they even have a sign in Vortex's station saying that it isn't paramounts Kings Islands fault if something left in the station is lost or stolen, and isn't congo falls named after a paramount movie too?

Yeah, I wonder what happened to that sweet Amazon Falls sign they used to have. Travesty that they replaced it with the cheap Congo Falls one.