Favorite Past Ride

Stitch

Smurfs Enchanted Voyage. It was the first ride I loved at Kings Island. It felt huge to a five-year-old, and almost Disney-like. I would have loved to show that to my kids. KCKC was great, too. 

Non-ride, there was a certain feeling to International Street that doesn't exist anymore. The shops weren't all selling novelty crap; you could get T-shirts and stuff, but I remember there also being more specialty shops, like fudge and a glass-blowing shop. The music was different -- I'm glad they've put some instrumental back on IS, but it feels too familiar. This was just a piece that felt specially orchestrated for the park (maybe it wasn't and I was just a kid). And before the digital signage came up everywhere, there were these European-style small towers that posted all the show information. It just lent a really cool feel to that main midway. 

• Like 2

In thinking about this topic, it's really hard for me to pick a favorite past ride. I enjoyed so many rides over the years that are no longer there. However, whether or not I would want those to return is an interesting question too.

Past Favorites:

The Bat, Zodiac, Bayern Curve, Son of Beast, Kenton Cove Keelboat Canal, Screamin' Demon, King Kobra, Tumble Bug, Les Taxi, Bavarian Beetle, Der Spinnin' Keggers, Enchanted Voyage, Flight Commander, Sky Ride, The Trams that brought you to the front gate, even though it's not a ride, The Rotor, the Hanna Barberra Land theme. 

Wow, I have seen plenty of rides come and go. Boy, I am old, haha. 

Glad to see the Antique Cars making a comeback. Probably a lot of people see it as a meh addition, but KI needs more rides that the entire family can do. I, for one, always wanted to "drive" the cars. 

• Like 2

I would say without a doubt that Phantom Theater is the ride I miss the most.  It was a great ride, and had a unique theme, and was similar in concept to the Haunted Mansion.  It even had the Pepper`s Ghost effect that is used at the Haunted Mansion at the Disney parks.

• Like 1