Diamondback entrance?

mech

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pavers are much more aesthetically pleasing than just plain asphalt and concrete paving. Not to mention most pavers are lighter in color than asphalt which means they do not create as much of a heat island effect. What that means is that the black color of the asphalt absorbs the heat and makes the temperature several degrees warmer than it actually is. Concrete and light color materials reflect light and do not absorb heat like asphalt and dark colored surfaces. As a result, pavers can produce a better and more enjoyable micro climate. But that is a lot more information than you likely wanted to know!

No, it has not always been the policy. For many, many years, The Beast line closed early. And given this ride's location in the park and Cedar Fair operating the ride, I would not be totally comfortable with the assertion that the line will not be closing early. In addition, mechanical problems, particularly with new rides, can never be totally ruled out. There can be no assurance that the ride will be operational every day the park is open, much less that the queue line will also be open every second that the park is.

As long as I can remember it has always been Cedar Fair's policy ( at least with CP) going back to the early years of Magnum to let you get in line for a ride until the closing time of the park and everyone in line at closing got to ride even on busy Saturday nights when the park closed at midnight.

Oh, OK. Was that picture taken yesterday, I assume?

No, there are people in line for Vortex, and most every tree has leaves.

Have those two large trees always been covering the path between BLSC and rivertown? For some reason, I don't remember those being there.

At Disney, the policy has been and will continue to be that as long as you are in line for a ride at closing time (as signaled by the riverboat whistle on the Lakes of America in Liberty Square), then you are allowed to ride.

Oh, OK. Was that picture taken yesterday, I assume?

No, there are people in line for Vortex, and most every tree has leaves.

Have those two large trees always been covering the path between BLSC and rivertown? For some reason, I don't remember those being there.

I would guess that pic is from 2005. Note that the 3 point challenge is not there and the sign on what is now BLSC says "Italian Job" (My 10 year old noticed that). As for those trees, I believe they have been cut down or trimmed signifcantly, but I could be wrong about that.

• 2 months later...

I work at KI and you wouldn't believe how many times people ask me where Diamond back is when I'm coming back from break, when I'm standing right under the Eiffel Tower........it's kinda annoying.......but not as annoying as being asked where the Eiffel Tower is when your standing behind Dodgems. That's just frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...