Diamondback Splashdown

Firehawk07

I was just wondering if you will be able to get wet by the splashdown, because on the Diamondback blog it said:

Will potential bystanders get wet in any way near Diamondback's splashdown?

Jordan Hill - Georgetown, KY

The ride has been designed to keep the water in and around the splashdown area. The area by the splashdown isn't flat which would have created an issue with water settling in one area, right in front of LaRosa's.

http://www.kiDiamondback.com/public/latest...c3-22e6d3fa0b51

does this mean they designed it so you would get wet in front of larosa's or the exact opposite?

Ahh, Congo Falls. I clearly remember a day when I stood on the bridge facing toward the splash, and then waited again and faced away from the splash. SIX HOURS LATER my clothes were still damp. :lol:

There was a point during the summer when all of the water bombs on Maverick would shoot a good 15 feet in the air and blow toward the bridge. You could stand on the bridge and get drenched. Felt pretty good seeing as how the temp hovered in the mid 80s to low 90s that day I went.

Enjoy Congo Falls, and do not assume it will be around forever. Several of those rides have been removed across the country, and one never knows when another will disappear. The water effect on those can be quite pleasing, a lot of people see them as their very own diamond falls, but nothing is forever. Note that even mile high falls are not excluded.

It does seem like their days are numbered. Then again, Demon Drop seems to be holding strong or at least just not selling. Every time I go to CP I'm amazed at how much fun it still is. The ricketyness (nice word eh) really adds to the intensity too, kinda feels unsafe.

how about riders, will they get very wet?

I know from ridding Griffon, which uses the same scoops and splash down effect as DB, after you hit the splashdown depending on wind you might get a misting because the track curves to the back side of the splashdown. I dont see Diamondback having this issues because the track continues in to the brake run and then under cover to the station.

• 1 month later...

I think the splash effect will be around half of what you see with Sheikra if the Diamondback trains current scoops are not changed from what they have on the trains at this moment. Besides the size of the scoops the amount of water in the pool will also make a difference. I am looking forward to seeing Diamondbacks splash though!

^--- WHAT??? It might help us understand your question better if you didn't write like that.

I think you are asking if you will have to wear a bathing suit on Diamondback, and the answer to that question is no. What the rest of your statement says is anyone's guess....

For a small fee, I will gladly pour cups of ice cold water over the heads of other park goers...I will also donate the proceeds to the "Kings Island Mister and Fan Fund."

As for puddling by LaRosa's, the restrooms are conveniently located close by for those who have a need to puddle.

lol you are just too funny...I cant help but laugh at just about every post you put up...

Man why you trippin' I mean like if I got a wedgie then the ride won't be fun. But you said they fresh with making me dry in stuff so I'm good in da hood homes.

Oh my god this is one of the most painful posts I have ever had the displeasure of reading. Seriously?

Man why you trippin' I mean like if I got a wedgie then the ride won't be fun. But you said they fresh with making me dry in stuff so I'm good in da hood homes.

Oh my god this is one of the most painful posts I have ever had the displeasure of reading. Seriously?

Imme lauegfin my a$$ uff. Haha. I can type and I'm doing it on my iPod.

Proper grammer please or at least try. No, I am sure they won't make you put a bathing suit on.

What??? Who said anything about a bathing suit?

If you read some of the previous posts with quotes, clearly certain posts have been deleted. Making other posts kind of confusing.