Did you hear about the Animal Attacks?

matt3224

One day I guest said he worked at PKI along time ago, he said that back when PKI had animals, some of the monkeys got out and attacked a man and did some pretty bad damage. He also siad there was a lion attack on a guest during the day in the lions cage! Are these true or just another rumor?

I don't know about the monkeys, though with them anything is possible. The lion attack is partially true. It was not a guest that was attacked but one of the animal care takers. From what I've been told by the VP of resale (who has been there just about since the beginning of the park) the guy got out of his truck in the lion area. He was attacked by one of the animals, I'm not sure if he died or was just badly injured, but that incident was the reason the animal safari closed.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it was dedicated to one of the construction managers that had worked in the park since it opened until the year AE was built? I don't know, I think someone had a picture of the plague on a website. If I can't find it that will be the first thing I look at when I get into the park.

I'll clear this up from what I know/have heard. The lion attack was a partial reason for the closing of the animal safari. It was a woman caretaker who was killed. Also, the animals were getting to expensive to take care of. The plaque in front of Adventure Express was a guy who was working on the ride and fell to his death. Also, I heard that the name of the Military Base, Cooper I think, on FOF is the name of a guy who died constructing the ride.