New ride for 2010?

And as has also been discussed here before, the industry as we know it today is no longer a "build it, and they will come" environment.

It's more about attracting families and being economically sensible. That's not to say Diamondback-esque rides won't be built anymore, but the big ride thrill cycle is more like 6-7 years now as opposed to 2-3 years.

Another major economic spurt like in the late 90's and early/mid 2000's could change things...but just look to DC to see where things are going in terms of economic growth.

All that said, I definitely could see a big flat or something else fairly significant in 2012, but nothing for sure in 2010 and likely nothing in 2011 expect for the addition of more or new restuarants and shows and things like that.

I highly doubt Cedar Fair goes bankrupt at any time in the foreseeable future. I can, however, see it being sold.

The whole chain? Or just individual parks?

Yes.

Terpy, in your heart you knew he would (and it's the appropriate reply, too)

DOLPH!!!! Can't believe I fell for that one.....I know better

I will never understand in my lifetime how people can jump from one year to the next so quickly! Diamondback isn't even fully completed yet guys!

Actly, according to WLWT5 the last piece of track was put in yesterday,

WLWT News 5

Well, yes. However, by completion I meant full completion including the queue, signage, etc.

I will never understand in my lifetime how people can jump from one year to the next so quickly! Diamondback isn't even fully completed yet guys!

Actly, according to WLWT5 the last piece of track was put in yesterday,

WLWT News 5

Well, yes. However, by completion I meant full completion including the queue, signage, etc.

Oh gotcha