New ride for 2010?

Viacom intends to re-enter the park business, mostly overseas from indications so far. They also have a licensing agreement with Universal in this country. They also licensed the Nick characters to Mall of America, in what may as well be Valleyfair's front door.

I wouldn't hold out much hope that the Nick license will be renewed. Word has it that Viacom wants a fortune for a renewal, and fortunes aren't things Cedar Fair (or most other companies) have in abundant supply at the moment.

I love the skyride at Cedar Point, especially with the lake view when you're up there, it's actually one of my favorite rides there, believe it or not, nothing I love more, there aren't too many of these traditional sky rides left, most like the one at Indiana Beach are really sky lifts, but I enjoy those also.

Grr I hate New England's sky ride. That is my old home park and people would always want to ride it. The line was huge and it didn't take you far at all.

Same thing happened at BGE. We got on at the station closest to the entrance of the park and you got a cool view of Griffon but it was such a short ride for how long we waited.

Grr I hate New England's sky ride. That is my old home park and people would always want to ride it. The line was huge and it didn't take you far at all.

Same thing happened at BGE. We got on at the station closest to the entrance of the park and you got a cool view of Griffon but it was such a short ride for how long we waited.

Very unlike the Sky ride at Great Adventure, which is not only almost a near necessity for 'venturing' over to Nitro to avoid the massive crowds in tiny pathways, but also to just conserve energy from walking as well...a man could lose a few pounds traversing from Medusa to Nitro without! Maybe a good thing, actually, to cancel out a Nathan's lunch to be in tip-top Toro shape?! Ole!!

And btw, Indiana Beach's Sky ride owns!! B)

At the time the acquisition was announced, it was said the Nickelodeon license had four years to run...Cedar Fair acquired the parks on June 30, 2006. Is that four more seasons or four years from the date of acquisition? You pays your money and you takes your chances. IF Cedar Fair is contemplating not renewing, I doubt they'd end the usage at the very end of the term. My guess is 2009 would be the LAST year you will see Nick in the legacy CBS parks unless the license is renewed. Then again, if that was four more seasons, 2010 would also be covered.

Me too! Beech Bend Park had an event sort of like that, and it included the Kentucky Rumbler. The New Year's Eve event included fireworks at midnight. They dispatched the train so that it would crest the lift at midnight. That was a very memorable experience...riding the Kentucky Rumbler to start off a new year watching fireworks in the 20s. Cold, but a BLAST! For the record, it was 31 degrees when the park opened at 5. You can imagine how cold it was at midnight, and KY Rumbler was running, with passengers (including me 30 times) all night!

Can't you imagine riding The Beast on New Year's Eve in the cold?

I'm not exactly sure what the name of the ride is, but there was one at Americana/Lesourdsville Lake that was a ferris wheel type thing with enclosed gondolas that had levers that controlled how much the gondola would spin as the whole weel rotated...

I know I don't exactly paint a descriptive picture, but I was very young when I rode it so my memory is a little hazy >.<

Rock-O-Planes...a ride that CoastersRZ is very familiar with, to say the least.

See also, quite literally, Coney Island of Ohio...where that same set was moved to from LeSourdsville, after a thorough rehab. You can have a whirl of fun on them thangs.

Oh really? Thanks for the info ^^ Me thinks I need to take a trip to Coney Island.

I have ridden Beast in snow...years ago before manufacturer's recommendations prevented such things. I do not think you will see any park running PTC trains on a wooden coaster at those temperatures in Ohio...

When I worked at SoB, on a Friday in the Haunt season (on a really cold night) we were bringing a train in from the block breaks out after the huge double helix after we ran blocks and the train hardly made it up to the final breaks. The cold makes a hug difference in how a coaster performs.

When I worked at SoB, on a Friday in the Haunt season (on a really cold night) we were bringing a train in from the block breaks out after the huge double helix after we ran blocks and the train hardly made it up to the final breaks. The cold makes a hug difference in how a coaster performs.

i thought that track contracted when it got cold, so wouldn't that mean that the train would have less friction resulting in more speed? :unsure:

Well look at car tires. When they sit out side for a long time in the cold they change shape and everything (right?) I'm guessing it would be almost the same with wheels on a coaster?

Terpy where are you!? We need your help!

right but car tires and the wheels on a roller coaster are very different.

Well look at car tires. When they sit out side for a long time in the cold they change shape and everything (right?) I'm guessing it would be almost the same with wheels on a coaster?

Terpy where are you!? We need your help!

right but car tires and the wheels on a roller coaster are very different.

This isn't a good source but I found this.

A rollback occurs when the coaster is still cold and there’s not enough momentum for it to make the second hill of the ride. So literally, it creeps to a stop, then rolls backward. Makes for a fun ride, but it’s a very bad thing and requires a crane to come and take the train down car by car. A very expensive event, but also very rare.

It's from this site.