New ride for 2010?

With all due respect, I think not. Can you imagine the restrictions and provisions the Government would impose? They'd want veto authority over each planned new attraction, rules on setting food, merchandise and games pricing and the parks' schedules, etc. I can only imagine.

Not if some of the money was given/kicked back as "campaign contributiuons".......

I hope (Although I doubt it will happen...) Boomerang Bay gets an expansion and gets a few Proslide Slides! I would love for Boomerang Bay to have a Proslide Tantrum Tornado, Probowl, a Mammoth, and a rocket slide. That is what I want for 2010, but I think KI will only receive a new show, and maybe (If were lucky) a flat ride from Geuaga Lake?

How about a renovation of the train - I would like to see the water park no longer have access from the train and some new access created, and leave the train to be a traditional train ride through the woods with new displays.

I would love to see something like that happen. The train really has just become a shuttle from main park to BB

...which is the reason it is still there. Otherwise, Paramount would have done to it what happened to the trains at Kings Dominion, Carowinds...Fortunately, Cedar Fair loves trains (see Cedar Point). Be careful about wishing for train renovations. Six Flags Over Georgia very unwisely converted its beautiful steam locomotives to DIESEL!

Well I'll take my chances wishing for a train renovation, because as it is now, it's practically a dump, I'll take a diesel engine, if it means they can do something with the scenery or lack there of. I don't doubt Paramounts would have removed it though, they removed just about anything that Grandparents could've enjoyed for their price of admission. My parents in their upper 60's always go to Cedar Point with me, but never Kings Island, there just is nothing there for them to do. At Cedar Point they can ride the train, the paddleboats, the skyride, sit down at a restaurant, go through craft shops. A renovated train would at least give them something to ride at KI, that they could enjoy riding several times.

The Skyride at CP scares the garbage out of me.

I just do not like the idea of swinging from what feels like a weighted bucket on a string that high in the air. I have this horrible vision of that cable snapping and everyone falling to their death. I made myself ride it last year because I don't like being afraid of things, but honestly, it makes me anxious.

I think it stems from my previous fear of Ferris wheels. I was on one of those ones where they stop it and pick a random seat to swing back and forth.. well, they picked our seat, and this was before seat belts and door locks. I slid out of my seat and almost fell out of the ride, and it scared the living ____ out of me. I'm fine on Ferris wheels now, I made myself get on the Giant Wheel at CP. It's worth a ride.

The Skyride at CP scares the garbage out of me.

I just do not like the idea of swinging from what feels like a weighted bucket on a string that high in the air. I have this horrible vision of that cable snapping and everyone falling to their death. I made myself ride it last year because I don't like being afraid of things, but honestly, it makes me anxious.

I think it stems from my previous fear of Ferris wheels. I was on one of those ones where they stop it and pick a random seat to swing back and forth.. well, they picked our seat, and this was before seat belts and door locks. I slid out of my seat and almost fell out of the ride, and it scared the living ____ out of me. I'm fine on Ferris wheels now, I made myself get on the Giant Wheel at CP. It's worth a ride.

I hear you. The sky Ride at Indaina Beach still only have the pull down lap bars that do not lock! :o

They just got a fresh coat of paint last year so I am guesss they are there to stay for a while.

this isn't a new ride, but an idea for the upcoming season.

Since BB closes after Labor Day, move Halloween Haunt over to the large and unused parcel so it can open late September and not interfere with "normal" park operations on the ride side. We like to take family to the park in October- but being chased out 6pm on a Saturday is unfortunate. Not that we are being chased out literally, but it isn't something that we want our <4 year old daughters exposed to..... like at all.

It could also avail the park to experiment with another certain season-themed celebration.

...which means even more staffing at a time when the park already has problems with staffing. I doubt you see Cedar Fair doing this. They are more about cutting expenses to pay down debt, especially now. I can just hear the unit holders now...You cut my dividend at the same time you are opening new sections of the parks in the fall...is your attendance up enough to justify it? Did the per caps go up? I suspect the answer to either would be "No." For that reason, I just don't see it happening. And this from a guy who is also not a haunt aficionado.

With all due respect, I think not. Can you imagine the restrictions and provisions the Government would impose? They'd want veto authority over each planned new attraction, rules on setting food, merchandise and games pricing and the parks' schedules, etc. I can only imagine.

Not if some of the money was given/kicked back as "campaign contributiuons".......

Congress looks to keep stimulus cash from zoos, golf courses:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/27/sti...ions/index.html

I never noticed a problem this year with monsters jumping at people outside of the haunt areas, at CP or at KI.

I will say this: I hope they never get rid of CornStalkers or Club Blood. They both made me jump out of my skin. This is coming from someone that does not scare easily and is not a big fan of haunts.

I will say this: I hope they never get rid of CornStalkers or Club Blood. They both made me jump out of my skin. This is coming from someone that does not scare easily and is not a big fan of haunts.

Your unfriendly neighborhood Club Blood Bouncer thanks you for the kind words! ;)

3234003763_8c061b76f2.jpg

If he jumped out in front of me it would'nt scare me.

If he jumped out in front of me it would'nt scare me.

Wow, that sounds like a challenge. I scared many a young'un just like yourself, who I'm sure would have said the exact same thing.

And as to my scaring abilities, I have at least a couple of fans...

Club Blood - wow a much better attraction this year than last!! The scare actors are really into it!! The jumper scared me so bad that I was shaking through the rest of it!! Little stinker female buddy told me to go in this particular direction - next thing I knew there was a FACE out of the dark that had me jumping out of the way!! This is not a spoiler because several direct people in there - you just never know which one is leading you astray!! I kept looking for GATOR and when I found him I nearly fell over!!! He actually knew who I was and that was out of the chair!! I expected a young kid and got a BOUNCER - this guy will intimidate!!

ok to get that out my system i then went to club blood were met gatorhead for the first time. good job as the bouncer.

See you at Haunt 2009, kings_island~thrill is me!... if you dare... :lol:

And thanks for sticking up for us, beastfan!

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic...

^ Give them a break, dude. Those scareactors work hard! I hate when people say that just to say it. They try to scare and succeed 99.9% of the time! The other .1 percent are the punks who just try to impress or get attention.

Grrr I feel the anger too. I always scare my brother around the house...I'm practicing because I really want to work the Haunt this year if at all possible because I am going to be doing Admissions as well. A guy from our rides crew last year did Corn Stalkers and rides during the post season. Maybe I could try to do the same.

Way off topic. Sorry.

haha, I love it when people say, Ah I will not be scared....I work at St. Ritas Haunted House, and we get plenty of those, you hear them when they are outside the house but once they get in, and we bring hell apon them they don't lilke that very much...

Jon, Eni Minei Miny Moe, who will be the next to go?

or even

Theres No use in running, your ALL going to die down here!

or better yet

Lets play a game, Ill get a rope and you get a tree!

or for the more Pirite or yall

Tresure is lovely tresure is NICE! Tresure is TRESURE WHAT EVER THE PRICE.....BLAHHHHHHHH

hhehe

-Cobra

I hope they renew with Nick. Adults will argue about who has the best coasters, scenery, and all that stuff. Kids just want to go and have fun!!!

Right now, my kids would rather go to Kings Island than to Disney Land. Reason being, they can see Spongebob, and Dora, and Deiago at KI.

All parks have rides, they'd enjoy that part of it anywhere, but the Nicktoon guys are what make my kids happy.

My daughter likes KI & WDW, and she even liked Holiday World even though she didn't see any characters at all when we were there... but she was thrilled to get a HoliDog card on the way out. So I don't think it would matter to her if it was Nick or not. She even hugged Fred Flintstone at KI last year, a character that she had never seen before, not even on tv. As long as there are rides for her, she's fine!

yes, I aslo agree with you, It hink it would also cost a lota money, because of well, Avatar, its a giant Air Bender named Ang, what are we sopesed to rethem that too? Asian Monk that can make wind blow fast the ride? I don't think so.

Also Nick appeals to not only children but teens as well, at this point you can see teens in NU as well as kids and there parents. I think that if you get rid of NU, you get rid of a huge population when all of a sudden this blad 5 year old shows up, and a dog that fights the red barron...childrens expressions--> "HAH?"

yes, I aslo agree with you, It hink it would also cost a lota money, because of well, Avatar, its a giant Air Bender named Ang, what are we sopesed to rethem that too? Asian Monk that can make wind blow fast the ride? I don't think so.

Also Nick appeals to not only children but teens as well, at this point you can see teens in NU as well as kids and there parents. I think that if you get rid of NU, you get rid of a huge population when all of a sudden this blad 5 year old shows up, and a dog that fights the red barron...childrens expressions--> "HAH?"