New ride for 2010?

i think i remember terpy saying that when Son of Beast valleys they just cut away a spot in the track and then use a crane to remove them from the track.

I believe they dismantle the coaster cars rather than the track. Remove the wheels (especially the up-stops) and they can be removed by crane. I remember reading that they took apart the train when Raptor valleyed.

Though if FOF gets stuck at launch (which happens sometimes) they have to push it all the way back into the station for a re-try. That has to suck.

Besides, I have no intention of suing anyone. But, in reality, the only years that Kings Island arguably didn't get a major ride are:

1978, 1980, 1983 and 2008. I don't even find two years in a row without one!

http://www.KICentral.com/history/timeline.php

Looks like Son of Beast,and "The Racer" aren't major rides.But it's everyones opinion.

I have been going to Kings Island since I can remember. I have seen some things come and go for many reasons. Right now, believe it or not, I think after Diamond Back KI needs to focus on other things then new rides.Things like keeping there heads out of this economic crash for one. I don't think KI is going under but you never know these days. I just got done reading about other parks that have recently shut down and other parks that are cutting back. I would really hate for KI to even have to think about cutting back. I love KI the way it is and Diamond Back does make a wonderful addition. :)

I do say a new flat ride would be nice. Something more for the family.

• Like 1

I think that's more a circumstantial fluke than anything.

I'd be shocked if KI installed a ride in 2010. Let's just pray that they have a revenue generating 2009 that allows them to at least partially pay off Diamondback.

If it were me, I'd concentrate on infrastructure. In these economic times, it's my opinion that it would behoove them to consider bringing back the campground to cater to those that wish to travel to the park without the costly expenditure of hotel rooms.

Shaggy

I was wondering if Cedar Point runs the campgrounds up there by the park? I may consider camping there this year there since its right next to the park instead of getting a hotel and saving money that way. I think Kings Island should bring the campgrounds back it would be very nice to see it back but who knows if it ever does it sure would save people money coming from out of town and people who like camping also... :huh:

^Those little touch ups would be awesome. Flight Deck really needs some TLC including paint. I would love to see some theming put into the actual ride area. I used to love the theming and I still love the ride because they have made the ride a little bit more intense. (At least that's what people are saying because I don't remember much)

I would love to see all of the old attractions get some love and work on their stations and that kind of stuff.