What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?

We've had quite a few threads like this, but I suppose it's time for another:

More than anything else, I think Kings Island needs a sit down tablecloth table service restaurant, more food choices, higher food quality and to treat its employees in a more Disney-like fashion. If you treat your people well, THEY will treat your customers well. I fear the current economic situation may make all this rather unlikely, as Cedar Fair will be able to select employees from a legion of applicants, and treat them however it wishes, knowing full well that literally dozens of applicants await every opening. Same for the restaurants, though for the most part not implementing these suggested changes may lead to more and reductions in per capita spending that Cedar Fair is relying on to help it reduce its debt levels.

I honestly believe that better food service and selection and treating employees well are the two major priorities that Cedar Fair could better address than it has so far.

• Like 2

^as i've heard many of times if Paramount built their parks like Universal and Disney, PKI would've been the "Disney World of the north" which probably isn't such a bad idea because KI's "Region" is the nation's most densley populated. I think we need a good buffet like Crystal Palace and a Ritzy Resort

• Like 2

I'd like to see them concentrate on maintaining more than just the landscape. Cedar Point has absolutely beautiful landscaping, and you can see it beginning to return to Kings Island as well. But there's more to a well maintained park than just landscaping and extra trash cans. How about keeping the water areas clean? The pond by Viking Fury was absolutely disgusting for most of last season (though not as bad as Mantis's pond!!). I don't even remember seeing water in BLSC's splashdown area, let alone the splashdown feature actually working. How about bringing back the fog effects on Flight Deck, BLSC, and IIRC Adventure Express had some too? They could sure pour out the fog during Haunt (enough that I literally couldn't breathe and had to be taken to first aid) and at CP's Iron Dragon, but no other time or place it seems. You can see the type of neglect that's so prevalent at Cedar Point continuing on at Kings Island, and that's just really sad.

Really? Most densely populated? What ever happened to New York City, Philadelphia, northern New Jersey, etc.? Also, Paramount didn't build a single North American park, but purchased them.

Yes, i was reffering to the Northeast (Boston, NYC, etc.) because it takes about three times as long to drive from manhatan to florida than it does from manhatan to dayton

More than anything else, I think Kings Island needs a sit down tablecloth table service restaurant, more food choices, higher food quality

As per the norm, I agree with The Interpreter. The only things are 1.) where would they place it and 2.) would it be that profitable? Obviously John and Jane Q. Teenager won't necessarily want/need a sit down restaurant and parents with kids may not have enough time/patience with their kids running around to get them to eat at a nicer place. I, for one, may consider eating there but would there be enough of other people looking for that experience? I think they could easily at least add more food choices like they did with Panda Express.

And maybe lower those prices. Since their new promotional campaign, every time I walked by the Subway at KI, I found my self singing:

"Six Dollar.... Six Dollar... Six Dollar Six Inch"

Really? Most densely populated? What ever happened to New York City, Philadelphia, northern New Jersey, etc.? Also, Paramount didn't build a single North American park, but purchased them.

Yes, i was reffering to the Northeast (Boston, NYC, etc.) because it takes about three times as long to drive from manhatan to florida than it does from manhatan to dayton

What about Six Flags Great Adventure? If Six Flags would have made Great Adventure into more like Disney, why would people from the NE come to KI? You could say that for any park in the North East US.

More than anything else, I think Kings Island needs a sit down tablecloth table service restaurant, more food choices, higher food quality

As per the norm, I agree with The Interpreter. The only things are 1.) where would they place it and 2.) would it be that profitable? Obviously John and Jane Q. Teenager won't necessarily want/need a sit down restaurant and parents with kids may not have enough time/patience with their kids running around to get them to eat at a nicer place. I, for one, may consider eating there but would there be enough of other people looking for that experience? I think they could easily at least add more food choices like they did with Panda Express.

And maybe lower those prices. Since their new promotional campaign, every time I walked by the Subway at KI, I found my self singing:

"Six Dollar.... Six Dollar... Six Dollar Six Inch"

What about Six Flags Great Adventure? If Six Flags would have made Great Adventure into more like Disney, why would people from the NE come to KI? You could say that for any park in the North East US.

Brcause six flags didn't

I wish they'd keep up the theming on rides,like AE and BLSC.And as Violakat said,they need to keep that pond clean!! At least put up sign saying don't throw your food over the edge! I saw someone dump almost a whole thing of nachos in there, along with the sour cream cup,and the paper it was siting on.

And yet, by looking at other parks, one can see what will and won't work at Kings Island, but only to an extent. For example, no one will ever be able to convince me that Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia, and its success, wasn't a major factor in helping to influence the powers that be at Kings Island and Cedar Fair to buy Diamondback. Probably more so than Nitro...as Six Flags over Georgia and Kings Island have a lot more in common demographically and park wise than do Great Adventure and Kings Island.

• Like 1

And yet, by looking at other parks, one can see what will and won't work at Kings Island, but only to an extent. For example, no one will ever be able to convince me that Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia, and its success, wasn't a major factor in helping to influence the powers that be at Kings Island and Cedar Fair to buy Diamondback. Probably more so than Nitro...as Six Flags over Georgia and Kings Island have a lot more in common demographically and park wise than do Great Adventure and Kings Island.

Having ridden Goliath in it's inaugural year, I think I'd have to agree with you. Everyone was just really really pumped over that roller coaster. In and out of Atlanta - when doing research for whether I wanted to go to to SFOG or Carowinds, something I came across a lot was the comment of "you HAVE to go ride Goliath" even from people who had never ridden it!

And now that we've finally gotten a coaster that the whole country can be excited about, what do you want to see Terpy?

• Like 1

Well, there were several things in that answer. I think all those things have been crying needs at Kings Island for some time, since before Cedar Fair bought the park. Cedar Fair has made some major improvements in the place since they bought it, but they have not, in my opinion, improved the selection or quality of the food (please don't get me started about Wings Diner..quantity is no substitute for quality, at least in my book), nor have they improved the average employee experience...some would argue it has in fact worsened.

Well, there were several things in that answer. I think all those things have been crying needs at Kings Island for some time, since before Cedar Fair bought the park. Cedar Fair has made some major improvements in the place since they bought it, but they have not, in my opinion, improved the selection or quality of the food (please don't get me started about Wings Diner..quantity is no substitute for quality, at least in my book), nor have they improved the average employee experience...some would argue it has in fact worsened.

One thing I found an interesting disparity between Kings Island and Cedar Point was the price of the food. Paramount really jacked up the prices, and Cedar Fair never lowered them to match CP prices. I was shocked when walking around Cedar Point because the prices seemed much, much more reasonable. My husband and I actually ate in the park a few times, something we never, ever do in Kings Island.

I honestly love some of the food at Cedar Point. The Chuckwagon pizza is very good, and reasonably priced for what it is. The frozen custard (available only at two stands--the one back by Maverick and the one on the midway in front of the ball shaped fountain...the rest serve imitation soft serve ice cream, which is NOT the same thing) is both very good and reasonably priced. I never miss out on either when I am at Cedar Point. I miss the Marina place that was replaced by Famous Dave's, but the latter has much more business than the former ever had, and that is what it is all about.

One more thing, not only did Cedar Fair not lower Paramount's prices, they actually raised them some more...and Mr. Kinzel has pointed out during conference calls that they learned a thing or two about pricing from the Paramount Parks. The year before, Cedar Point and the legacy Cedar Fair parks had lowered some of the food pricing, including, quite famously, 25 cent cotton candy. The next year, the prices were quietly raised to the previous levels or more.

Off topic? I say it again, you (and Kings Island, who DOES read these forums) can learn a lot about how to improve Kings Island by looking at what does and does not work at other parks.

I'd love to see an all you can eat pasta buffet with a reasonable price. I've been to a few other parks that have had them and they are always my favorite for park food.

Oh Lord....To each his own, I guess...

90 degree heat, spinney rides, and pasta........recipe for disaster

I'd love to see an all you can eat pasta buffet with a reasonable price. I've been to a few other parks that have had them and they are always my favorite for park food.

Oh Lord....To each his own, I guess...

90 degree heat, spinney rides, and pasta........recipe for disaster

You would think it would be a problem, but many parks have them. Personally, rides only ever bother me if I am near empty, never have a problem after eating.

Knott's had a pasta buffet that was pretty good, cost 12.50/each but it kept my friend and I full for almost 10 hours :).

It speaks volumes that Cedar Point has pages and pages about its food, starting here:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/food/index.cfm

while on Kings Island's website, there is virtually nothing about any of the food, except that available for sales to groups through the park's catering:

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/groupsales/menuOptions.html

Otherwise, ALL you can find is the second paragraph under SERVICES under PLAN A VISIT:

DINING

From the delicious tastes of Skyline Chili, LaRosa's Pizza, Graeter's Ice Cream, Montgomery Inn™ Barbecued ribs and chicken, to the classic tastes of the midway's funnel cakes, hot dogs, hamburgers and fresh cut fries—Kings Island offers something for everyone.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/visit/visit_services.cfm

Page after page at Cedar Point...an afterthought at Kings Island.

And before someone tells me that Kings Island hasn't redone their webpages yet, that is no excuse. It's been two and a half years since Cedar Fair bought the park. Sheesh.