What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?

Bring back the Rib pit, and i would like them to bring old Coney back, bring back the landscaped trees that ran down the middle. You call it Coney Mall, well make it look like Coney Mall. I agree on the food, some better quality and a sit down place to eat. i remember when I was younger the whole family would meet at the LaRosas' on INT St. and eat by the fountains. We need more places in the park to bring the family together. Bring in more rides that mom and dad, or grandma and grandpa can ride with the kids, like a themed boat ride like the old Enchanted Voyage or Smurf ride.

• Like 1

The main thing I (and several others) would like to see return to Kings Island is never going to happen, so I won't bother posting it.

I agree with needing a new entrance.

I would really like to see more enforcement of the queue rules. I get really sick and tired of line jumpers, and people smoking in line next to little kids.

Also, the area between Festhaus and Viking Fury is almost pitch black at night. It creeps me out when I walk through there as I'm leaving the park, it's like walking through a dark alley. I went last year with three other females, and they all agreed with me. Please put a few lights there.

The main thing I (and several others) would like to see return to Kings Island is never going to happen, so I won't bother posting it.

I agree with needing a new entrance.

I would really like to see more enforcement of the queue rules. I get really sick and tired of line jumpers, and people smoking in line next to little kids.

Also, the area between Festhaus and Viking Fury is almost pitch black at night. It creeps me out when I walk through there as I'm leaving the park, it's like walking through a dark alley. I went last year with three other females, and they all agreed with me. Please put a few lights there.

That's why when ever I worked load side at SoB on a crowded day I would look over the railing of the station for smokers. I caught 3 adults smoking in line in less than an hour. I would yell down and tell them to put out their cigarette and they would try to hide it from me! I just stared at them until they put it out finally. That makes me sick that they are doing it in a line let alone around children.

Personally I loved busting people for that, gave me a good feeling inside. When ever I was at the park but not in uniform I wanted to tell people to put out their cigarettes but knew I would probably get beat up. lol

At Cedar Point, for example, all the gates are open at closing time. After all this time, I am still constantly amazed at how differently the ex-CBS parks are run from the legacy Cedar Fair parks. At Cedar Point, for example, guests can enter the park and go to the bakery to buy breakfast before the rides open. Not at the ex-CBS parks. Even the ride operations are substantially different at the legacy Cedar Fair parks. I remain just a bit surprised to not see more of the Cedar Fair "way" infiltrate the CBS parks. In MOST ways, doing so would result in improvements. Not all, but most.

I'm not sure what policies Cedar Point has that would result in an improvement. I've noticed that they seem faster at Cedar Point sometimes, but other than that, they do some things there that really irritate me. I.e. taking a train off of Blue Streak to make the line longer, forcing people to go to certain rows on Millennium Force...etc. (Hopefully there will be no seat assigner for Diamondback.)

Now, why does KI need a new entrance? The entrance is usually nicely maintained and, with the exception of the metal detectors, looks nice. Once you go through the line, and sometimes as you are going through it, the International Street fountain always takes my eye. I also love the Kings Island logo in front of the fountain. In my opinion, KI has one of the nicest looking entrances of amusement parks I've seen. Maybe I've just been to the wrong ones.

As to the topic of what would I change? The location of the carousel is the answer. Where it is currently located, it hardly receives any riders. While it is in a pretty location that fits the beauty of the carousel, it is off the beaten path. My solution is to take out the basketball game, Coke Oasis, ladder game, and simulator to clear out the area next to The Racer. The latter two I don't remember the last time I saw them open. Then insert the carousel, as well as the gazebo that encloses it, into that area between The Racer and Adventure Express's exit. In my mind, it fits the area very well and would add to the nostalgia of the area around The Racer and the beginning of Coney Mall. That would leave the carousel area and the former Paramount Story area open for complete re-development. Now for a non-realistic change, I would put a wooden twister from Gravity Group or GCI in the Carousel/Paramount Story area and the grassy area behind Backlot Stunt Coaster. You would then be able to walk under the coaster by using the pathway where the worksite has been during Halloween Haunt.

Oh and regarding the entrance. When the park is closing, PLEASE open more than one gate, instead of funneling the entire crowd through ONE open gate through the main exit.

When I worked in Admissions, we would pull the turnstile workers 15 minutes before park close, and open all the gates between the turnstiles at that time. But my time in Admissions ended in 2004, so I can't speak of what the standard procedure is now...

And when the three billboard banners were added to the front of the main gate area, that greatly improved the look of the front gate, instead of having that big wall of brown tiles on International Restaurant.

When I think of changing the entrance I think of the old tram drop off/pick up spot. I would like them to do something else. I would love to see a really awesome and new kind of flat ride put in. Not sure where though. Maybe back by Firehawk and FoF or something.

As for what I believe needs changed seems to be what a lot of other people think too.

The special effects on the rides need to be maintained. Some of the rides I have never seen with their special effects.

Better food is also a biggie. The Interpreter hit the nail on the head with that one.

And lastly I think more park security/officers. I am so tired of smokers and line jumpers. I'm also tired of the people who win those stupid basketballs dribbling in the park. I can't count the number of times someone has dropped a basketball either in line or around the park and it hit me.

I think some type of family event such as a parade, or something like that would be neat. I wonder if they will do anything different with Halloween Haunt this year? has anyone heard anything? sorry if there is already another topic on that last question, lol just give me the link. ;D

lastly I think more park security/officers. I am so tired of smokers and line jumpers. I'm also tired of the people who win those stupid basketballs dribbling in the park. I can't count the number of times someone has dropped a basketball either in line or around the park and it hit me.

Agreed on all counts. The basketballs didn't annoy me until last season. I'm not sure if it was something new or not, but it was very annoying and noticeable on opening day and continued all season long. Beast Rider and I were both ready to fling the basketball as hard as we could over the railing of a restricted area the next time one bounced into us.

I might have gone a bit overboard

But i think it's beter than this

If you keep an open mind, the only thing that is radically different is the row of metal detectors. Let's get rid of those, then!

Personally, I think KI's entrance is much better than 90% of other amusement parks. (at least)

I think that the entrance to the park is fine. How would they change it? It goes right under the international street building. Idk, maybe something right where ppl come into the park to pay and park. I think they could re-paint Flight deck for sure. :P

I think Kings Island needs a larger Ecology (Custodial) staff. I was recently talking to a friend of mine who was a manager in Ecology at Kings Island about typical staffing per area and comparing that to what I learned at Disney is astounding. There are almost 5 times as many "custodial hosts" at the Magic Kingdom as there are at Kings Island, and MK is les than 1/3 the size of KI (and that's only pan and broom cast members). And the thing is, it totally shows.

You can see it when you walk around. People respect the place, they see how clean the park is and they don't trash it. When people see garbage on the ground, they dont think twice about throwing more down, but when the ground is clean, colored, detailed concrete (not asphalt) they typically think again and use a trash can. With that Disney also goes to great lengths to continually empty garbage cans, recycling 62% percent of the garbage collected in the process.

Walt Disney used to LOVE to study is guests to help make their stay more enjoyable. He would sit at the train station and watch guests in town square watching their habits. One of the things Walt determined was that the average guest would be compelled to litter after holding a piece of garbage after 22 steps, thereby since then, there has to be a trash can within 22 steps of any main spot in the Disney parks. (Kings Island has however done a good job with increasing their number of trash cans recently, however those giant stickers are really obnoxious)

Here are three of Walt Disney's quotes regarding cleanliness that Walt Disney and the Disney parks live by.

"When I started on Disneyland, my wife used to say, "But why do you want to build an amusement park? They're so dirty." I told her that was just the point, mine wouldn't be."

-Walt Disney-

...Well, by this time, my staff, my young group of executives are convinced that Walt is right, that quality will win out, and so I think they will stay with this policy because it's proven it's a good business policy. Give the public everything you can give them, keep the place as clean as you can keep it, keep it friendly - I think they're convinced and I think they'll hang on after - as you say, "after Disney."

-Walt Disney-

"If you keep a place clean, people will respect it; if you let it get dirty, they'll make it worse."

-Walt Disney- (^ this quote, Walt gave to all of his cast members on the opening day of Disneyland just prior to opening)

I think Kings Island needs a larger Ecology (Custodial) staff. There are almost 5 times as many "custodial hosts" at the Magic Kingdom as there are at Kings Island, and MK is about 2/3 the size of KI (and that's only pan and broom cast members). And the thing is, it totally shows.

Well, I am willing to put up with a napkin on the ground for an extra few hours before a ecology staff can get around to cleaning it up, than having to pay Disney price to get into the park!! That is reason I have only been to Disney once in my life. CF I believe, has spent some money to help keep KI clean. There is a breaking point on where to spend you money. Mainitain rides and build new ones, or have a cleaning person that can clean up a used cup left on the ground in 15 seconds of being dropped.

I would like to see KI add a campground.

What a novel idea.....

Wouldn't it be cool to have a place where you could camp, and maybe ride a tram to and from the park?

Wonder why no one has thought of this before....LOL

I actually went and bought a new camper in Janurary of 05 I think? The year they closed the camp ground. My wife was pregnant and I wanted her to be able to ride the tram back to the AC'ed camper to rest. I was furious when I called to make reservations at the camp ground and they said they were closed. I was on the phone with KI for 1/2 day complaing to the highest manager they would let me talk too about the camp ground. I asked them if they wanted to buy a camper. They offered me a dinner the next time I visited the park... :(

Doesn't the Miami, or Little Miami river flow behind The Beast?

That would be a PERFECT spot to re-build a camp, along the water.

Come to think of it though, I think it's a protected watershed. Probably not allowed to build there.

It would be a great place for it though.

Update the entracne to look like KDs. Add a B&M inverted maybe by the Firehawk some where. A new wooden coaster that is rideable. Remove Son of Beast and a floorless coaster that follows the terrian and a small steel twister coaster like Maverick. Change some of the food options and then I would say the park is complete! Do something with long walks to the car. They could have personal buggies have about 15-20 of them and only run them near closing and charge $5 a ride/per car or something. They could make money again by giving people rides to there car. Of couse if you were to pay an extra $5 you might as well get prefered parking. THose days of walking around KI sitting down in the car is a real treat!

Update the entracne to look like KDs. Add a B&M inverted maybe by the Firehawk some where. A new wooden coaster that is rideable. Remove Son of Beast and a floorless coaster that follows the terrian and a small steel twister coaster like Maverick. Change some of the food options and then I would say the park is complete! Do something with long walks to the car. They could have personal buggies have about 15-20 of them and only run them near closing and charge $5 a ride/per car or something. They could make money again by giving people rides to there car. Of couse if you were to pay an extra $5 you might as well get prefered parking. THose days of walking around KI sitting down in the car is a real treat!

The wooden coasters at Kings Island are re-ridable. My personal best is 13 in a row on The Beast, 11 on The Racer, and who knows what it would be on Son of Beast...they have the rule that you have to walk around, but I've made up to 5 trips around. (I'm not even going to touch my opinions on the walk around rule.)

Some of us prefer wooden coasters to steel ones, so let those of us who prefer wood have our wooden coasters. There are more than enough steel ones in the park for you to enjoy, and including one new one that I can't wait to ride! Come on April!