What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?

There are only a couple of things that I would like to see change in the next 5 years. Of course, we all wish that the antique cars and flying eagles were back, instead of the concrete abomination they call BLSC. :) It actually wouldn't be a terrible ride if they just rethemed it somehow, or even if they just took out all of the huge ugly metal boxes and gravel and put in a few trees, it would be fine. I also hate to see the laser tag and euro-bungee taking up so much unused space. I would love to see a flat ride there, maybe like Chaos or Matterhorn. And as most others said, Flight Deck definitely needs some TLC. They don't need to necessarily bring the fog/mist/whatever back, but a coat of paint would be nice! The Crypt could use some music! And I really wish they would change the music on I-Street, to bring back some of the "nostalgia". ;)

I don't really know why everyone is saying that BB is being neglected. I mean yes, you can get through all of the slides pretty quickly, but I would never say that it gets boring. It's always nice to go back there and just relax in the sun and listen to music when it's hot outside. I mean I think it's a pretty decent waterpark considering it's included in the price of admission! And I think the back of the waterpark is the best part, with all of the trees and everything, I think it's the most relaxing place back there.

I really don't know what they could do about the food. I can see how a sit down restaurant would be neat, but it would probably be expensive. I think the rest of the food at KI is fine. You can't even go to a fast food restaurant anymore and get a 'value meal' without paying close to $6.00. You could always pack a lunch if you don't like what's there, or eat outside of the park!

I think that the whole cleanliness issue has gotten better over the years. I remember during a summer when Paramount owned KI and it seemed like every single trash can that you saw was just overflowing and disgusting. Like all of you said, the people that are out there that feel inclined to throw things on the ground are going to do it whether there is a trash can there or not. You see people every day, whether it's at KI or not, 2 feet from a traschan and throwing things on the ground. It's just like the people that throw trash out of their cars instead of waiting until they get home to throw it away. People do that all of the time at campgrounds too, right in the middle of a beautiful day of enjoying nature, let's throw all of our trash all over the ground when there is clearly a dumpster 10 feet down the road!

And I know that people can dream about new rides that may or may not be built, but I mean, come on, we haven't even gotten to ride Diamondback yet and people are already gunning for a new coaster. I think we should just plan on being happy with the coasters that we have, and look for smaller(but not less important!) improvements over the next few years.

~Ash

There are only a couple of things that I would like to see change in the next 5 years. Of course, we all wish that the antique cars and flying eagles were back, instead of the concrete abomination they call BLSC. :) It actually wouldn't be a terrible ride if they just rethemed it somehow, or even if they just took out all of the huge ugly metal boxes and gravel and put in a few trees, it would be fine. I also hate to see the laser tag and euro-bungee taking up so much unused space. I would love to see a flat ride there, maybe like Chaos or Matterhorn. And as most others said, Flight Deck definitely needs some TLC. They don't need to necessarily bring the fog/mist/whatever back, but a coat of paint would be nice! The Crypt could use some music! And I really wish they would change the music on I-Street, to bring back some of the "nostalgia". ;)

I don't really know why everyone is saying that BB is being neglected. I mean yes, you can get through all of the slides pretty quickly, but I would never say that it gets boring. It's always nice to go back there and just relax in the sun and listen to music when it's hot outside. I mean I think it's a pretty decent waterpark considering it's included in the price of admission! And I think the back of the waterpark is the best part, with all of the trees and everything, I think it's the most relaxing place back there.

I really don't know what they could do about the food. I can see how a sit down restaurant would be neat, but it would probably be expensive. I think the rest of the food at KI is fine. You can't even go to a fast food restaurant anymore and get a 'value meal' without paying close to $6.00. You could always pack a lunch if you don't like what's there, or eat outside of the park!

I think that the whole cleanliness issue has gotten better over the years. I remember during a summer when Paramount owned KI and it seemed like every single trash can that you saw was just overflowing and disgusting. Like all of you said, the people that are out there that feel inclined to throw things on the ground are going to do it whether there is a trash can there or not. You see people every day, whether it's at KI or not, 2 feet from a traschan and throwing things on the ground. It's just like the people that throw trash out of their cars instead of waiting until they get home to throw it away. People do that all of the time at campgrounds too, right in the middle of a beautiful day of enjoying nature, let's throw all of our trash all over the ground when there is clearly a dumpster 10 feet down the road!

And I know that people can dream about new rides that may or may not be built, but I mean, come on, we haven't even gotten to ride Diamondback yet and people are already gunning for a new coaster. I think we should just plan on being happy with the coasters that we have, and look for smaller(but not less important!) improvements over the next few years.

~Ash

i work at a gas station and i here ya on the trash issue. it seems like im always pickin up trash i mean its one thing to throw down a napkin out the window cause it will eventually dissolve away but on a parking lot or a plastic bottle that never breaks down unless you melt it to recycle it come on show some pride in where you live.

I think every queue needs a huge, obvious sign that reads "Please do not line jump and/or throw wads of gum at our TVs."

KI is a nice park. It is not a trash can, nor is it a hurdle competition. I rarely see those rules enforced and it really bothers me.

I agree! Last season it seemed like the line jumping was worse than any other time. I don't know if it was just a bad day, but the one day we were there we got blatantly line jumped on EVERY single ride we went on. My mom finally yelled at a few of the people....it was just so annoying. The worst time was when we were in line for FOF....we had to wait through the entire outside queue line, and this kid was standing right by the entrance where you go inside the building...just standing there outside of the railing. Then he stands on it, motions to a kid all the way at the back and he walks up there and they both just cut in line right in front of us after we had waited all that time. Seriously, where do people get off being so rude? I mean I have stood in line for hours and had to pee so bad that I thought I wouldn't make it and I *still* never got out of line. I don't understand some people.

~Ash

At Six Flags last year, I saw literally dozens of people ejected from parks for things like line jumping, smoking in non-designated areas after being warned not to, etc. I did not see a single person ejected from a Cedar Fair park for anything. And I saw many that should have been. Parks are either serious about their policies....or, they are not.

The line jumping really is bad. I've never seen anybody punished for it either. It's hard to tell someone without getting out of the line yourself.

i myself never line jump but if you have to go thru a long maze of ques and no-one is coming behind you what is the harm in jumpin the empty ques to get to the back of the line its just rude to get in front of someone and that all boils down to how you were raised and the the ones you do that have no morales except for themselves thank goodness their aint no shoppin carts or you would see people gettin mowed over like at the malls on black friday{a.k.a. the day after thanksgiving}

The line jumping really is bad. I've never seen anybody punished for it either. It's hard to tell someone without getting out of the line yourself.

I hate when people cut in line :angry: its very..........immature, they can't seem to wait 10 mintues.Hopefully I don't see any of that for opening day this year.

I've said it before and I will say again. In order to enforce the line jumping rules, they need to have police patrolling the lines. You cannot expect the ride operators to enforce the rules as you are putting them in a potentially violent situation. Line jumping is a security issue and needs to be treated as such.

I haven't gone through all of the posts here, so forgive me if I say things people have already said.

I want to see signs out in front of each thrill ride to tell the guests how long the line is. I know you can ask the host, but they can be wrong at times. I know the signs can be too, but I'd just like to look at it without feeling the need to ask...

I really think The Crypt should get some more work done on it as far as theming goes. It is now just your average Top Spin in the dark...I want to see that Tomb Raider type theming back and maybe even a Cedar Fair made pre show. Wouldn't that be interesting?

That's really all I have for now...Otherwise, I love Kings Island for what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

In five years. A renewed Zoological facility. I am dreaming. Otherwise, I would like to see a brand new ferris wheel in the park. They could put this back in X-Base, and in a way make it blend into the theme of this area, without completely spitting out the nearby Coney Mall theming. A mouse coaster would be a great addition here as well. And with a few new games, another restroom, a shop, and a place to pick up some food, X-Base could be a another dandy! ( it feels weird to type dandy..lol ) A new building for a live show would be a fine contribution as well. That would be expecially great for older folks, and a cooling zone would be nice too. As for other rides, I would like to see a large to medium sized wooden coaster go back there as well. Something between the size of The Racer and the size of The Beast, that made use of the natural terrain. And if I could add one more thing to this area in my head, it would be a larger version of Avatar. At least 30 to 50ft high.

In a final note, steel coasters are sweet ( YES, I LOVE THEM TOO ) so if there was a budget to allow for another steel coaster, I would build something between the size of Flight of Fear and Vortex that had seating like "The X", or a diving coaster...that ( Again! ) has seating like "The X". After the 5 years, another giant, to top even Diamondbacks height and speed.

Very true. The smoking tends to be a problem too. I remember asking a guy to stop smoking and he actually blew the smoke in my face. :angry:

Thats when I would have gotten out of line & went & found someone (KI employee) at the entrance of the ride & had them call for a security guard...

IMO, the park probably won't get anything very expensive in the next year or so.

But I agree that Kings Island could really use some more dark rides, became the only one we currently have is Flight of Fear. I also think that a new wooden coaster and an expansion or two to X-Base would be satisfactory.

In the next five years... let's see. I'd like to see the Eagles returned home and the Dodgems sped up. Is it me or are the dodgems INCREDIBLY slow now? Even if you run into someone head-on it's just a small tap any more. Dodgem should be called "Slowly make way around 'em." Pretty weak.

Of course I don't see either of these happening, but this isn't what you "think" will happen, just what you "want," right? :)

It's not just you. I've seen pigeons walk faster than those Dodgems. MOST theme parks have done likewise...see Kentucky Kingdom. Six Flags Over Georgia only slightly slowed theirs. Still, Knobels they are not, nor even Camden's.

You know bumper cars are good when you can smell the graphite while walking by. At least this is the case at Kennywood. :)