What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?

I'd like to see them develop Rivertown a bit more on the other side of the railroad tracks, mainly in that large wooded area that houses the ridiculously long White Water Canyon queue. At least have them put in another ride back there, or some shops or something... anything...

That's always been the part of the park that bothered me most. I realize that the railroad itself is a large deterrent to traffic flow, but building a fairly wide ramp crossing over it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I know it has been mentioned, but not for several pages. I would like to see the train regain theming. If it is a matter of money, I don't think it would be too difficult to get items donated to the park if the current theme of a western town were kept. Where I live, old farm equipment, such as horse drawn hayrakes and the like, can easily be found.

To thank people, a plaque could be installed at the train station in Rivertown with names of the donors listed.

Many people may see the train as nothing more than a ride back to BB. When I went to KI the first time, the train was one of the few things I remembered. I'd love to see it be more than just a coal-fired taxi again.

I would love to see the return of Hanna-Barabarra characters, yeah right, I would love to see a highly themed area, an Intamin plug and play, and perhaps another big sit down eatery. I have a feeling though we will be seeing big changes in KI in the next 5 years, I mean look what's happened already in almost 3 years.

Posted from my iPhone!!!

I have mixed emotions on Flight Deck, it is an Arrow Suspended therefore making it almost an icon of coasters, it is not a bad ride I mean it can be exhileraring in the right seat, and it is secluded a little bit off on it's own. If they did remove I don't know what would really fit back in there besides Flight Deck.

Posted from my iPhone!!!

I have mixed emotions on Flight Deck, it is an Arrow Suspended therefore making it almost an icon of coasters, it is not a bad ride I mean it can be exhileraring in the right seat, and it is secluded a little bit off on it's own. If they did remove I don't know what would really fit back in there besides Flight Deck.

Posted from my iPhone!!!

A B&M suspended? An SLC Verkoma? Just remeber, they also have a really big queue line that they could take out to add on to the ride.

I know it has been mentioned, but not for several pages. I would like to see the train regain theming. If it is a matter of money, I don't think it would be too difficult to get items donated to the park if the current theme of a western town were kept. Where I live, old farm equipment, such as horse drawn hayrakes and the like, can easily be found.

To thank people, a plaque could be installed at the train station in Rivertown with names of the donors listed.

Many people may see the train as nothing more than a ride back to BB. When I went to KI the first time, the train was one of the few things I remembered. I'd love to see it be more than just a coal-fired taxi again.

I agree, it was a sad day when KI auctioned off the stage coaches, horse drawn wagons and other antiques

dedicated to the train ride.

My sister's husband has one of the wagons.

It is in mint condition and alledgedly came from Coney Island.

pilotank

Just a thought. KI still has a nice plot of land in bewteen The Beast and diamonback a inverted coatser or something could go there. Lots of room for an entire new area back by x base. Great opt. for another ground hugging wooden coaster back by wwc. with loads or air time. Maybe a floorless coaster. The possiblites and needs are unlimited!

Yeah, while there is room for expansion - don't see it happening in the next 5 years.

Some nice upgrades would be:

- Electronic Wait times located throughout the park (wouldn't you like to choose between Rivertown and X-Base based on wait time when leaving Action Zone?). I've never understood the wait time board at the ride entrance - most of the time you can see/calculate

- A personal item for me and my family would be readily available and accurate Food Allergy information (could even be on the web site!) so we know what is safe to eat or not.

Just a thought. KI still has a nice plot of land in bewteen The Beast and diamonback a inverted coatser or something could go there. Lots of room for an entire new area back by x base. Great opt. for another ground hugging wooden coaster back by wwc. with loads or air time. Maybe a floorless coaster. The possiblites and needs are unlimited!

I think they would expand X-Base before creating a whole new area. ;)

I think they would expand X-Base before creating a whole new area. ;)

Two things I would do. Replace Racer with a TGG woodie, Have it use the terrain behind FOF and Firehawk. Tear down SOB and heck with Intaimin and B*M. Id build a Gerstlauer Eurofighter of epic proportions. Some of them elements on them are just mind blowing like the hang upside down element and 105 degree drops.

Id add about 6 flats to the park, , maybe commission Zamperla to build a four wheel cuddle up. Id retheme the train . Remove Invertigo and build a full sized B*M version.

OK, Maybe not all in five years but Diamondback IMHO was the start in actually changing KI from the boring same ole same ole park it had become.

Oh and FLYERS ARE MANDITORY! and Id put em where they were originally going to relocate em. The old platform for skyflyer.

Im sorry, but I personaly think Flight Deck will be removed in the next year or two.

I think you're in the unfortunate mindset of the previous owners. Cedar Fair isn't in the business of removing rides just to remove them. Flight Deck is a reliable ride and was popular enough to make the Paramount cut, so what would be the logic in removing it? Could it use some TLC? Sure. Give it time, though. Don't forget that many rides and buildings have been either painted or touched up in the past few years, so having the budget or time to do everything that needs to be done all at once isn't feasible.

Id add about 6 flats to the park, , maybe commission Zamperla to build a four wheel cuddle up. Id retheme the train . Remove Invertigo and build a full sized B*M version.

I think your wish of having six flats (over the course of several years) is a lot more likely than having Invertigo removed in favor of a similar ride. Although Kings Island has a very diverse selection of rides and attractions, the selection of flats is the one thing that many would agree is lacking over a broad spectrum.

- A personal item for me and my family would be readily available and accurate Food Allergy information (could even be on the web site!) so we know what is safe to eat or not.

I always thought healthier food options would be nice, but you can't get that anywhere.

I would love to see the return of Hanna-Barabarra characters, yeah right, I would love to see a highly themed area, an Intamin plug and play, and perhaps another big sit down eatery. I have a feeling though we will be seeing big changes in KI in the next 5 years, I mean look what's happened already in almost 3 years.

Why yeah right? Anything is possible. Having been around on this site (and presumably following Kings Island even longer) you've seen more "no way!" moments than the follower of any other seasonal park.. and that's just in the past few years. Who would have thought that Robbie Knievel would be jumping in wake of his father last year, or that Kings Island would finally get that covenant B&M hyper, or that live entertainment would be reintroduced into the Festhaus, or that we'd see an incredibly risque' show in the Showplace for Haunt? If these things are possible, why couldn't Fred Flinstone make another appearance?

• Like 1

Two things I would do. Replace Racer with a TGG woodie, Have it use the terrain behind FOF and Firehawk.

Coasterfanatic... I would not want to see this happen and can't foresee it. Racer is a landmark coaster and a great family coaster. On a personal note, it was the coaster that I took my son on the year that he was still too short for the "big" rides.

Edit: Edited to show quote

WHAT!? Why in all things that God has smiled upon and given to us, would you want to tear down The Racer? God sent it down from Heaven above to re-spark the people's love of the coaster.

I agree, this was my first "big" wood coaster. Now look at me, gold pass member for like 6 or 7 years and go to the park as often as I can. I have to give a lot of credit to The Racer for that!

I agree that The Racer is a landmark and classic wooden roller coaster. The idea of tearing it down is pointless, in my opinion. I don't think that Cedar Fair is going to invest in tearing down a piece of coaster history. Not without there being safety concerns, or if the ride proved to be diminishing the parks profits. And since neither condition is a factor, I believe that Cedar Fair is going to keep it around for a while. If anything Cedar Fair is consistant about keeping older roller coasters going, and successfully expanding a park with minimal space to build. And in Kings Island's case, they have a lot of room to build, which probably makes it even more less likely to happen.

I believe that the chances of The Racer coming down are as likely as Cedar Fair purchasing 250 to 300 acres miles away and building a second park, in which Trams provide transportation to and from, and hotels are abundant with resort specials.

I haven't read all of this topic, and some of the things I would like to see have already been said, but here goes...

1. If you must give away basketballs as prizes, give them out deflated. I get so tired of people walking around the park bouncing those things and nearly getting mowed over by guests chasing after runaway basketballs.

2. Add a Wild Mouse coaster in the Coney Mall area.

3. Better enforcement of smoking restrictions. Also yell at people who feel the need to hang all over their significant other in line.

4. Offer park maps in more spots throughout the park so we don't have to walk all the way to the front entrance to get them.

5. Don't play modernized folk songs on the train. Last time I rode the train, we were treated to "Cotton Eye Joe" by Rednex and "Ghost Riders In The Sky" by the Outlaws. While I like both songs (particularly the Rednex version of "Cotton Eye Joe"), the music just isn't fitting for an old-fashioned-style train ride through a fake old-west town. It was much more enjoyable when they played bluegrass music.