What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?

- AE GONE

- Vortex GONE!

- Crypt GONE!

- Upgraded log flume

- A Chipotle in Crypts place (a start for decent food at KI)

These arn't going to happen any time soon. Chipotle may be good (I love the place too) but Mexican at a American amusement park? No. Not happening. As for the Log Flume being added, and Vortex and AE gone? No. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean its going to be gone.

Chinease food in a German building?

- AE GONE

- Vortex GONE!

- Crypt GONE!

- Upgraded log flume

- A Chipotle in Crypts place (a start for decent food at KI)

These arn't going to happen any time soon. Chipotle may be good (I love the place too) but Mexican at a American amusement park? No. Not happening. As for the Log Flume being added, and Vortex and AE gone? No. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean its going to be gone.

Chinease food in a German building?

Panda Express isn't actual Chinese food. It's americanized. ;)

These arn't going to happen any time soon. Chipotle may be good (I love the place too) but Mexican at a American amusement park? No. Not happening.

Oh, really?

Alamo at Holiday World

Taco stand at Indiana Beach

Mexican stand back by Maverick at Cedar Point

La Cocina at Great Adventure

And that's just off the top of my head. Not to mention the Mexican place that used to be at Kings Island...more than one, actually....

It's a pretty safe bet, I'll tell you that.

You know, I would really appreciate it if you could get a on-ride photo email for $2 even if you didn't buy a hard copy.

Oh, I'd love to have that option as well. We bought a copy of our DB photo, and I had it emailed. It's nice to have that option...but I'd much rather buy the email version, so I don't have to pack it around the park with me. Shoot, I'd be willing to pay the price of the actual photo for that option.

You seem to have started a lot of debates on this website since July 8, 2009.

Diamondback FOF - a little bit of advice. If you recognize that a poster is just trying to cause arguments in threads, the best course of action is to ignore. By responding you are encouraging the behavior.

-Fix The Crypt back to its original ride. With lights and heat and all that stuff.

-Restore The Racer. I know its an icon, but its too bumpy and hurts some people who ride it. Ki needes to take a winter and restore The Racer with new trains and maybe new tracks.

-Scrap Son of Beast. :o I have been to Kings Island once a year for the past 10 years. Since Son of Beast opened, I rode it the first two summers, and since then, everytime I go it is broken down. Last year, I rode Sob for the first time in years, Hopped on everytime, Nobody was in line, and even though it was a Tuesday, I expected more people for a ride like Son of Beast. Use that area for something else, maybe a new area or something.

-A New Area. Everything in KI is surrounded by rides, they dont really have a good place for a new roller coaster or water ride. Diamondback looks like it was just squeezed in between crypt beast, and those buildings around swan lake. We need more room!

You seem to have started a lot of debates on this website since July 8, 2009.

Diamondback FOF - a little bit of advice. If you recognize that a poster is just trying to cause arguments in threads, the best course of action is to ignore. By responding you are encouraging the behavior.

I have realized on my own and by others telling me, that sometimes I just ignore people. It's just not in my character to do that. I just don't let things go very easily, even if I need to. :(

-Fix The Crypt back to its original ride. With lights and heat and all that stuff.

-Restore The Racer. I know its an icon, but its too bumpy and hurts some people who ride it. Ki needes to take a winter and restore The Racer with new trains and maybe new tracks.

-Scrap Son of Beast. :o I have been to Kings Island once a year for the past 10 years. Since Son of Beast opened, I rode it the first two summers, and since then, everytime I go it is broken down. Last year, I rode Sob for the first time in years, Hopped on everytime, Nobody was in line, and even though it was a Tuesday, I expected more people for a ride like Son of Beast. Use that area for something else, maybe a new area or something.

-A New Area. Everything in KI is surrounded by rides, they dont really have a good place for a new roller coaster or water ride. Diamondback looks like it was just squeezed in between crypt beast, and those buildings around swan lake. We need more room!

I agree, not about SoB, but about expansion as i had said before, they have litterally boxed themselves in. The entire park is outlined with attractions (FD,SoB,AE,Racer,FOF,Firehawk,AT,Vortex,Beast,Crypt) and the best bet for future expansion is in the new X-base, which can become an easy gateway to some of the park's unused land, all they would have to do is move a few warehouses, or go around them. However, i am willing to bet that considering Cedar Fair's current financial situation, we shouldnt expect that to happen for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see a Potbelly Sandwich Works at KI. They've got a great selection of sandwiches and other goodies (it's the only place I've ever seen Stewarts Key Lime soda).

Sure, we've got Subway, but Potbelly has "A Wreck" (salami, turkey, ham and roast beef with Swiss cheese...).

It's hard to think of things I'd like to see changed that haven't already been mentioned.

I can say, it really sucked getting a shuttle from our hotel, but then being dropped off out by the big Ki sign. We had to walk forever to get in to the park. Going out when you are tired is worse because it's uphill. So I'd like to see a better "drop off/pick up" spot.

Next, I will say, NO REMOVAL OF ANY RIDES!!! I don't like the idea of tearing or burning down rides. Whats the point of that. It's a "dream" topic anyways, so leave all the stuff where it is, and add the inverts, floorless, dives, and all that stuff to other areas. LOL

I am a smoker, and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by how many smoking areas are provided by the park. Every area in the park has a smoking section, except for Nick which is understandable, and most of them have more than one. I was appalled while standing in line for DB and a guy in front of me was smoking. It was a 15 minute wait! You couldn't hold out? It is just as bad for smokers in that situation, because when you smell the smoke it sort of squeezes your lungs, and makes you want to smoke really bad.

My next issue is with line jumpers. I saw a lot of them on our visit. On 2 occasions, it happened in plain view of a ride op. They did nothing about it. I didn't bother saying anything, because if the ride ops can't do anything about it, all I'm going to do is end up in a fight. Thats no good for anybody.

So, I guess my MAIN change for the park. Roving security gaurds. Do they already have them? I haven't noticed any. I am not just talking about 2 sixty five year old dudes roaming the park. Real security that can get in the lines, pull jumpers out, pull smokers out, no warnings, the signs posted all over the park are warnings. Throw these idiots out! I don't think CF realizes how quickly someones day can be ruined by having to deal with these people.

When you witness a man showing his kids how to spit gum over the railing, and trying to hit the coaster tracks, it's pretty evident that the parents aren't going to police them. Security is really needed at the park. More than new rides or area expansions.

Here's Five Things:

1. Update Son of Beast to make it just as fast, long, and tall, but less beat your head in and give you chest problems for the rest of the day (which will be hard, considering it's a wooden coaster).

2. Add a Vertical-Drop coaster (w/ possibly a floorless train) somewhere in the space in-between The Beast, F/X Theatre, & Vortex, W/ drops going under-ground, a station-fly by, and possibly interacting with one of the three coasters near there (like going through Racer, or sharing a tunnel with The Beast, or racing over top of The Vortex. I wish Kings Island's design people were reading this :)

3. Take all the up-charge attractions and move them into a separate gated park. Maybe, put a parking lot w/ it and a monorail (ALA: Disney World style) that would connect the waterpark, theme park, x-park (w/ the upcharge rides), the park's resort lodge, and possibly add another station where buses could drop off passengers. This would turn Kings Island into a mini Resort Complex, but I don't know if it would benefit the park in the short term (it def would in the long term for sure).

4. Buy back some of the movie themeing rights (namely, Face/Off, Top Gun, & Tomb Raider). Put back the great themeing on two of those rides and add some kind of themeing (or not) to Face/Off (I mean, it goes so well with the type of ride it is). Top Gun is boring without the cool themeing and the music. Tomb Raider was so much better when it had a storyline and an actual theme that doesn't induce memories of 1930's B-movies!

5. Since the Nickolodeon contract isn't being renewed, change the themeing. Get rid of some of the stupid rides (the train and the gack walk-through). Then, make the front part of Nick Universe into a space theme (with a few new space-themed rides like a motion simulator and move the kiddie launch tower over to this area). Name the wooden coaster Comet, Little Bill's blah blah blah to Rocket Launcher (or even Rocketeers or something) and get a rocket-themed train for it. Then, change Scooby's blast ride into a space battle ride w/ spinning cars (like the Buzz Lightyear ride at Disney World). As for the other half of the kiddie zone, change it to become a jungle theme (Take out the "Thornberry" moniker for that log flume, and voila). Then, change Reptar to be about a Raptor or a Pteradactol. Then, put up a jungle gym that's themed to a observation area and put in a safari trail or ride in the space left over after tearing down everything east of Avatar. Then, make Nick Theatre into an animal show as well as an African party show. Lastly, put in a ferris wheel west of the kiddie park.

...Update Son of Beast to make it just as fast, long, and tall, but less beat your head in and give you chest problems for the rest of the day (which will be hard, considering it's a wooden coaster).

Sigh. Wooden coasters can be smooth, glorious and ride just as smoothly as any steel coaster. In New Jersey, for example, there is a wooden coaster that is far, far smoother than Vortex and arguably even smoother than Flight Deck.

...I wish Kings Island's design people were reading this :) ...

They probably are. And having a grand old time so doing.

4. Buy back some of the movie themeing rights (namely, Face/Off, Top Gun, & Tomb Raider)....

5. Since the Nickolodeon contract isn't being renewed, change the themeing....

First, you don't know that the Nick contract is not being renewed...but if it isn't, wouldn't money be a primary driver for not renewing it? So why would they buy back theming rights for movies after already spending so much money getting rid of the movie theming? My head hurts.

...Get rid of some of the stupid rides (the train and the gack walk-through)....

Stupid rides? Stupid rides? I am not even going to comment further on that in the body of this post except to say it one more time. Stupid rides?

The Interpreter, amazed...just amazed (and hoping someone somewhere didn't want to get rid of stupid rides like The Flying Eagles...just as others are doubtless hoping they don't get rid of stupid rides like their favorite coaster)

OK, I get the movie themes aren't going to work. I just think the theme that The Crypt has now isn't working as good. I think it's still good, but could be better. As for the ride itself, it seems it's not as intense as it used to be. The main reason I miss the original theme for Flight Deck is that it had a much, much cooler name. It doesn't seem that Flight Deck (the name) is very original (didn't they already have that written on the side of the station anyway). As for Face/Off, couldn't they just take out the "/" part. I'm not sure because I don't buy ride signs, but I don't think ride signs can cost millions of dollars, they're just signs. If they still have the old ride sign for Face/Off, they could refurbish it to have the two words separated. I heard the Nickelodeon themeing was going on Screamscape.com, and they seem to be right on most of the time. It's just doesn't make much sense to retheme a kiddie section a few years before it has to be changed again. Does anyone know if they still have a contract with Hanna-Barbara, or is that owned by Viacom too. I think it is, because Cartoon Network owns HB now and Viacom owns Cartoon Network. It's going to be hard to retheme every ride to The Peanuts characters (there's only so many times you can name a ride around Woodstock, Snoopy, and the others).

Guest TombraiderTy

^Whoever said they were rethemeing Nickelodeon Universe to the Peanuts?

And I agree with Terpy- "stupid rides"? I'll have you know that the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad is actually one of my favorite rides in the park... And I may also add it was one of limited few things a family member was able to ride last year as an expectant mother.

^Whoever said they were rethemeing Nickelodeon Universe to the Peanuts?

And I agree with Terpy- "stupid rides"? I'll have you know that the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad is actually one of my favorite rides in the park... And I may also add it was one of limited few things a family member was able to ride last year as an expectant mother.

Cedar Point has a peanut character section. I don't think that the main railroad is stupid. I thought the one in the kiddie park was stupid only because it just goes around in a circle (it reminds me of the kind at city malls). I bet some kids like it though, so it shouldn't go. I did think that Scooby's Ghoster Coaster looked stupid, and it was torn down. I thought the Lazer Tag ride was stupid, and it was torn down. Should I continue? I'm not saying these rides aren't loved. I'm saying that when a ride isn't up to par with a stellar park, it should be replaced.

Let's hypothetically say Kings Island was getting a compact inverted coaster or a boomerang. That would be stupid because those rides are best suited for smaller parks. Most (not all) of the rides KI has gotten rid of were outdated or not necessary for the park. Why would you go to a theme park to play Lazer Tag or go on a train that goes around in a circle? That's why those rides don't make since to me why they were ever at the park.