What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?

"Times Square-sized Jumbotrons" and other television style screens greeting my entrance to the park would be a turnoff the likes of which I cannot possibly put into words.    I'm not saying the entrance couldn't be improved, but I think massive TV screens flashing "exciting" content are a horrible idea.  Just awful.  

I would be interested to know your thoughts/ideas on how the entrance could be improved.  I wholeheartedly agree that my initial post would not suit everyone's taste; however, I think my initial thought of bulldozing the entire entrance structure (to include the Internal Restraunt) and make the entire entrance way more open and inviting and allowing people to actually see into the actual park - much like the entrance improvements that were made with the Gatekeeper project at Cedar Point would have brought far more cringes.  However, I think it would be an amazing improvement.  Open up the area, make the park more inviting would be optimal.  Right now, it simplly feels like you are greeted with a huge wall with small openings at the bottom to go through, which I feel could/should be improved.  

• Like 2

I think a Giant Ferris Wheel in Coney Mall could be a plausible thing to hope for.

Not to say a FW would not look nice, especially with a LED package, but I have no desire for a FW. Very slow throughput and 0 thrill. We already have 3 other attractions that offer a nice view. ET, DT, and WindSeeker. Save the money and give me a more thrilling flat ride.

• Like 2

I paid around $40 for that comedy show/dinner earlier this year mostly to have access to the International Restaurant for a few hours. It was worth it to me, but I'd love to be able to go more often.

It still is pretty up there. I'm considering the possibility of renting it for my 40th birthday next year.

af5ec6021c6bb7fc8260dee17f49c793.jpg

The little lounge area next to the elevator

cc848c8ecee62db599ee9fc3c2a334dc.jpg

Main dining room (this is where we ate back when it was open to the public)

8273532dfca2283b61a07242d26fc78f.jpg

View of the top of the stairs into one of the "private" rooms

60ce70a3249c3e8b222fac2584d0c837.jpg

Fireworks as seen from the restaurant

• Like 15

I know they do rent it, because I've seen the signs on the board next to the door (Welcome Trixie's 16th Birthday party or whatever). I haven't contacted them to see how much yet tho.

The food for the comedy show was a buffet, actually. They set it up in one of the other rooms near where we ate/had the show (the private room in that picture) Some of it was the same stuff as I've had at other buffets at KI (BBQ ribs and chicken) and some was a little different.

d34ee0449e0e5215042d70fc168fe9a1.jpg

Ribs, chicken, green beans, salad, mashed potatoes, some sort of very sweet corn casserole, I think potato salad, and they gave us Grater's for dessert.

I don't think it was representative of what they would serve if they opened it back as a restaurant.

From what I recall of when it used to be open, the food in the International Restaurant was at least in part similar fare to elsewhere in the park (burgers and fries, for example). There presumably was also more expensive stuff, but I remember the main difference was table service and A/C, as well as being less busy because I don't think a lot of people even knew it was up there.

• Like 7

How often is the International Restaurant open? Before I joined KIC I had no clue it even existed. I always knew there was SOMETHING up there but I never knew what it was.

I think it really depends on the events and groups they have in the park. It's used during Education Days as a teacher green room. For one of the camps I chaperoned, we were up there for our lunch (packed lunches) and to listen to an engineer speak about his job and the industry.

I will say that this summer it looked as though the walls and booths of the main room were recently painted.

• Like 5

We got invited and went up in the restaurant for the Snoopy party at the end of a cold, rainy day this past April.  Only time I'd been up there, and it was pretty cool to finally see it.

As for improvements to the entrance, I really like how they had it themed for Haunt.  Maybe they can change that up periodically for something interesting.  Beyond that, I just think they need to put some water features up front before you get in.  I like the big dinosaur...maybe a couple other similar somethings.  Nothing crazy, but easily maintainable themed items that relate to what awaits inside...and "pretty" features, like the water features I suggested.

• Like 6

I know it's a slow progress currently for the next few years. But the paths should really be repaired (Even a NEWLY pathed path has issues with water.) and I wouldn't mind walking through Kings Island without seeing a body of water the size of Lake Erie next to the Eiffel Tower (Other areas also have a bad habit of flooding.

Vortex Lake for example? a drain that doesn't work?

• Like 5

I would like to see a sit down Chick-fil-A but still also have outdoor seating available.  The Chick-fi-A they currently have is always so crowded and you have to make your way through the crowd to pick up your order. (at least need pick up windows on the side of the booth).  Having a sit down location they could give you the plastic table marker and bring you your order when it is ready.  Is there enough room to put it in the current location could they place it next to the outdoor theatre near Diamondback (where the Salt Water Circus was long ago) and tear down the Tropical Smoothie booth that is never open?  It is very popular and deserves a larger location inside of Kings Island like they have at Cedar Pointe.

• Like 4

^ That would require a new location within the park for a chick-fil-A, because if you look to the right of the Diamondback webcam, that isn't a possible thing to expand right there. PLUS, Kings Island already has a chicken location.. and I feel like they'll probably remove chick-fil-A if they want more money. 

• Like 3

Why would they do that? Are you saying they'd remove a highly popular chicken chain that may well be producing higher revenue for the park just to sell more of an inferior in house product? Customer satisfaction?

Not to mention the political statement that would be seen as making. Certain advocacy groups would be livid if the park was perceived as throwing out Chick-FIL-A.

That would not be a good PR situation. It's there now with no hubbub and with the best food service quality in the park, albeit six days a week.

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

^ That would require a new location within the park for a chick-fil-A, because if you look to the right of the Diamondback webcam, that isn't a possible thing to expand right there. PLUS, Kings Island already has a chicken location.. and I feel like they'll probably remove chick-fil-A if they want more money.

Is THAT what Cedar Point is doing?

How'd you know THAT?

:)

• Like 1

Just a few things:

-Give me a new rollercoaster. Something different, MACK or RMC even.

-Give me better food service, food quality, and food quantity.

-Restrooms in X-Base

-Retheme International Street to actually be an International Street.

-Antique Cars

-Mine ride in the big box o'FUN.

-Rebrand/Retheme the waterpark, seriously it's what 4 years old now? I heard that Australian theming is a growing theme in the young people......

• Like 4

Increase food quality and employee quality. This area seems so lackluster

Better more appropriate live e. The singing has been terrible for years. The choreography is good. Musical numbers every year is getting predictably boring and unenthusiastic.

Bring back an atmosphere to I street other than a place for food and shopping at the start & end to the day. 

Paint things, seriously. It's almost borderline neglect. I believe and know Cedar Fair knows what they're doing, but they do make me scratch my head here. 

Change the fireworks show. It's getting old

Better night atmosphere. Cedar Point in the past few years has killed it in this department. Kings Island hasn't even stepped up at all in this field.

• Like 6

I'd love to see something like that down here. I don't think KI has the target market for it perhaps, but they need something. I don't look at the fireworks at the end of the night. I'm either waiting in line, riding, or already leaving. With some Live E at Cedar Point, I've been staying way past park closing to enjoy the atmosphere. 

Music reviews need to go away, bring something new. That's my main gripe

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

I know it's not going to happen but I'd love to see the maintenance shops behind Racer moved back to the area where the greenhouses are. After that would be done I'd love to see X-base connected to Coney Mall between Racer and AE. I think that would be awesome! It would open up some more room for more flats, restaurants, shops, and BATHROOMS!!! lol, one can dream :)

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, billgonemad said:

I would love to see more food options in the park. I feel like there isn't much besides chicken, pizza and burgers.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Don't forget Panda, we also have a smokehouse coming to SC!

I would personally love another food location on the dry side that servers the same as Harmony Hall at Carowinds. I had heard good things about it, and on their opening day I was not disappointed.

• Like 1

Don't forget Panda, we also have a smokehouse coming to SC!
I would personally love another food location on the dry side that servers the same as Harmony Hall at Carowinds. I had heard good things about it, and on their opening day I was not disappointed.

Yes I know there's a few other options, I just feel like there isn't much else.

Was harmony hall the cafeteria by intimidator? If so, yes please add on of those! We are there last year and enjoyed it. Lots of options!

1 minute ago, billgonemad said:

Yes I know there's a few other options, I just feel like there isn't much else.

Was harmony hall the cafeteria by intimidator? If so, yes please add on of those! We are there last year and enjoyed it. Lots of options!

Yes, that is the place!

• 1 month later...

I'd really love to see what becomes of the vacant parts of the park. Ever since they tore out a huge chunk of WWC's que for Mystic Timbers, I'd like to see if they'd do anything to the old Flight Commander area, The Bat que, the land surrounding BLSC, etc. I never thought they'd put a coaster literally inside the KI&MVRR route so I'd love to see what else they could do. 

• Like 4