What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?

My thoughts:

• Use FC pad for a new flat (obviously. I have read earlier in the thread though about filling in stairs and everything). Some types of rides I think would work great there: Zamperla Endeavour, Mondial Top Scan, Zamperla Air Race or a Zamperla Hawk
  • Old Dino's giftshop area? Add a Larson Loop, Refurbish a Tilt A Whirl, Ferris Wheel, or a Zamperla Air Race
  • Rivertown: Utilize some empty spaces. I know Crypt building will probably stay home to Madame Fatale's for a while. Some of the green grass around Backlot and Diamondback's Transfer area could use a ride or two, maybe theme that little area to something like a county fair or something not in the park already.
  • Snoopy: REVAMP THE LOG FLUME.................... get someone to come in and revamp it so the ride floats and doesn't roll....... Other than that maybe replace some of the older rides with new ones (probably wont happen). Dont know when the contract (if there is one) is expired on the petting zoo but if they don't renew it (I don't see why they wouldn't renew it), put some kiddie rides there and flatten that building!
  • AZ/Oktoberfest: Oktoberfest you cant really do a whole lot with unless you extend that area by taking out the ladder game and putting a flat in there or running it back and connecting it to X-Base(That's another story on another thread). Condense some of Bat's Entrance/Exit, I know it only gets Spirit Song, but remove Timberwolf and Congo................gives you some nice land for say a raptor or something compact but fun. Really wouldn't mind seeing a Gerstlauer Infinity like Hangtime but not like Hangtime. 
  • SC: Not really that much I could see them doing........... yes there is still some open spots of green grass that could be used for a splash pad or something, but since they built the new employee access road, that area behind Mondo is kinda un reachable....... I would like to see a water coaster of some kind come to the park, or if the Beach goes out of buisness, buy some of their slides. 

• Like 4

There used to be a turnpike ride in that area.

I want more trees and green space. Get some shade.

Maybe some fountains. Help cool the air down a bit.

No more smoking areas in the middle of walkways/paths. I get that smokers shouldn’t have to walk 100 miles but smack dab is terrible.

Fix he parking lot.

More things for grandma and grandpa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

The Racer needs some paint.  Maybe some re-track...getting rough.  It's a piece of history and deserves it. 

Make smoking areas less in "wide open" spaces.  Enforce the rule more. 

Convert the gardens to a "history of KI" walk through.  Cheap, easy and gives old farts like me another thing to do. 

Also, nowhere in life should you expect to wait over 10 minutes for fast food.  KI should not be an exception.  Get more help with food already...no excuses!  Spend more $ on food help = make more $ in food sales. 

• Like 5

I may be a little biased but a renovated Sales and Season Pass Building would be fantastic! As long as we don't have to use speakers. :D Front Gate has a fantastic building and truly serves it purpose but a little touch up on the outside to make it a little bit more appealing would do wonders for the Front Gate Area.

Plus.... LIGHTS IN THE FRONT GATE PLAZA would be fantastic. It is very hard for me to see people come up with our part of the Front Gate mostly dark at night. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, stashua123 said:

I may be a little biased but a renovated Sales and Season Pass Building would be fantastic! As long as we don't have to use speakers. :D Front Gate has a fantastic building and truly serves it purpose but a little touch up on the outside to make it a little bit more appealing would do wonders for the Front Gate Area.

Plus.... LIGHTS IN THE FRONT GATE PLAZA would be fantastic. It is very hard for me to see people come up with our part of the Front Gate mostly dark at night. 

I agree with this, I went with a friend that was getting their season pass for the first time last year and went through that area and you could see water damage on the ceiling and it's pretty much a chaos trying to figure out where to go once you get in the room to get your picture taken. Not a good first impression for people that just made a major investment in your park.

• Like 3

I agree with this, I went with a friend that was getting their season pass for the first time last year and went through that area and you could see water damage on the ceiling and it's pretty much a chaos trying to figure out where to go once you get in the room to get your picture taken. Not a good first impression for people that just made a major investment in your park.
Agreed with first part.

Second part I disagree with. Season pass has some good people staffed. And while it's a bit chaotic on busy days they do a good job of trying to level that out. They try their best to make a good first impression. And it is fairly high capacity when fully staffed.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, stashua123 said:

Agreed with first part.

Second part I disagree with. Season pass has some good people staffed. And while it's a bit chaotic on busy days they do a good job of trying to level that out. They try their best to make a good first impression. And it is fairly high capacity when fully staffed.

Maybe it was just when we were there, I obviously don't frequent that area so I don't know how it is day to day, but I know the day we were there they were just having the associates stand by their cameras with noone telling the customers where to go when the entered the area. We eventually just invited ourselves up to an associate and asked if my friend could get her picture taken and they obliged. Don't take my comment out of context in saying that I think they don't have good associates, I just think that they could do a better job of traffic coordination the one time in the last several years I have been in that room which is more a comment on the room setup than it is on the associates.

• Like 1

Maybe it was just when we were there, I obviously don't frequent that area so I don't know how it is day to day, but I know the day we were there they were just having the associates stand by their cameras with noone telling the customers where to go when the entered the area. We eventually just invited ourselves up to an associate and asked if my friend could get her picture taken and they obliged. Don't take my comment out of context in saying that I think they don't have good associates, I just think that they could do a better job of traffic coordination the one time in the last several years I have been in that room which is more a comment on the room setup than it is on the associates.
Usually they have someone guide you to a station. It's usually our thing to greet the guest coming up. Unless we were busy it's unusual that happened to you. Sorry about that. Just know that's usually not what happens.
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My speculation for a five year plan starting after 2019. 

• 2020- B&M Giga
    • Fans have wanted and speculated this for years, every other major seasonal Cedar Fair park has a giga, there's documents proving B&M is coming in for a project in 2019-2020.
  • 2021- Off year/ possibly start of 50th anniversary celebration/ Possible Planet Snoopy Attraction
    • After the giga it'll be an off year in terms of rides, however I wouldn't count out a two season celebration of the park's upcoming 50th anniversary like KD did for their 40th
    • I could see something being added to Planet Snoopy since they're last major addition was in 2015
  • 2022- KI's 50th anniversary
    • Could see the return of some old favorite flat rides or attractions across the park
      • Also cosmetic updates on some of the sections that lost their opening day luster like Oktoberfest.
    • Could also see a Racer rehab/ overhaul in honor of its 50 years in service
    • I could also see something happening concerning the Big Ugly Box in Rivertown
  • 2023- Soak City addition of some kind/ Possible coaster construction
    • It would be 7 years since Soak City has gotten a new slide/ water attraction so I think we'll see one in 2023
    • With the trend of Cedar Fair adding coasters to their bigger parks and it being three years later, I could possibly see construction for a new coaster
  • 2024- New Coaster or major flat of some kind
    • Copperhead Strike came 4 years after Fury 325's debut so I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get another coaster of some kind; with that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a coaster until maybe 2025. 
      • With Cedar Fair working with other companies like Gerstlauer, MACK, and RMC, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something from them.
    • I could also see a big flat of some capacity coming to the park

With the addition of employee dorms, I don't know if priorities are going to shift and we're going to start seeing new rides almost every other season like at Cedar Point & Canada's Wonderland but those are my predictions for the next five years. 

• Like 1

Renovate International Street so it is similar to Kings Dominions set up with shade and separated sitting areas along the fountain.  Right now it is VERY trashy looking with little shade and those white tables.
Renovate Oktoberfest with new flat rides and retheming Adventure Express into Barvarian theme.
Renovate Action Zone into an actual themed area.  Probably Transylvania given the coasters that are there
Return of the cable skyway
Replace Vortex with a B & M floorless
Giga similar to Fury
Replace Boo Blasters with a quality dark ride like was previously there (Phantom Theatre and Enchanted Voyage were both quality)

Get rid of the 2 ugliest things in the park, Stunt Coaster & Tomb Raider buidling

• 7 months later...

Heres an updated/ more realistic list

Its been discussed on here that CF has a 5 year plan for its parks which obviously includes KI. Assuming one starts after 2020- what do you think would be the park's 5 year plan? 

Here's mine

2021: Planet Snoopy additions (interchangeable with 2023)

2022: 50th Anniversary celebration

2023: Waterpark additions (interchangeable with 2021)

2024: Possible flat ride and coaster construction

2025: Next coaster

Some of these could be combined or multiple things could occur at in one season. 

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Heres an updated/ more realistic list

Its been discussed on here that CF has a 5 year plan for its parks which obviously includes KI. Assuming one starts after 2020- what do you think would be the park's 5 year plan? 

Here's mine

2021: Planet Snoopy additions (interchangeable with 2023)

2022: 50th Anniversary celebration

2023: Waterpark additions (interchangeable with 2021)

2024: Possible flat ride and coaster construction

2025: Next coaster

Some of these could be combined or multiple things could occur at in one season. 

I would add that in 2022 I would like to see a ton of upgrades to the overall "feel" of the park (i.e. landscaping) to add to the charm of the park.

The main thing I would love to see in 2022 is a revamp of The Racer. Give it a GCI retrack, fresh coat of paint with red accents, and possibly new trains (or at least a new coat of paint on the trains) to make it feel and look like it would in 1972.

I would also love to see a new log flume one of those years.

• Like 1

One thing that surprised me, as it's my first season back since the 90s when I was a teen and probably didn't notice then, was how rundown some things look. The bathrooms are very dated, the season pass building looks really worn, and little details need addressed. Like at the train station, there are busted "bricks" on the platform. At Peanuts 500 the paint is badly chipped on the fence and there are standing leaves on the building roof. I couldn't help but thinking how Disney would have had all this addressed overnight.

As far as what I'd love to see in the future, I wish my kid could experience Smurf Village and the Smurfs in general.