What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?

50 minutes ago, MeredithGrey said:

Re-open the International Restaurant. A lot of new, beautiful memories could be made there, dining with that amazing view of the Eiffel Tower. And talk about "park pride" - the older generations that remember eating there, or people who worked there - it could really be something special. It could be an amazing place to propose to that special someone, to spend New Year's Eve, or even renting it out for private parties (or heck, as a wedding venue).

They could even go the Disney route and sell special dinner or dessert packages to go with fireworks shows as well. Could become a great money making venue for them.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MeredithGrey said:

Re-open the International Restaurant. A lot of new, beautiful memories could be made there, dining with that amazing view of the Eiffel Tower. And talk about "park pride" - the older generations that remember eating there, or people who worked there - it could really be something special. It could be an amazing place to propose to that special someone, to spend New Year's Eve, or even renting it out for private parties (or heck, as a wedding venue).

It is used for Winterfest and NYE, You can rent it for group outings. We have had KIC meetups there before.

Bring back better theming in the areas, revert the Potato Works back to simpler cups/buckets of fries.  Also, the app was not showing wait times for rides, and the ability to mobile order food isn't available.  Both of those options make a huge time saver.

Also, why was has The Racer never gone back to a reverse car.  That seemed to always MAKE the coaster.

Edited by guyngreen

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2009 at 12:20 PM, kings_island~thrill is me! said:

Like landscaping,new attractions,shops.

please think outside the box

Someone else mentioned more "carnival-type rides"...Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but I'd like to see more rides that truly anyone can ride.... 

There's kiddieland... And then there are the big coasters for adults 

But if you're an adult with some sort of bodily injury (think missing limbs, hip replacement, etc) - I'd imagine your options for a fun day at Kings Island are going to be limited to maybe Boo Blasters, Eiffel Tower, and the Carousel. So I'd like to see more rides that everyone can ride.... think Grandpa after he's fully recovered from a hip replacement or Grandma even if she takes heart pills & something that kids & teens would enjoy - something without cartoon theming... 

• Like 2

I would love to see a Mack multi-launch coaster in The Vortex plot of land in the years to come. Or a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster In that plot of land like Hangtime at Knotts Berry Farm. The lighting package would look amazing with All the other great night rides at Kings Island!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

I would love to see a Mack multi-launch coaster in The Vortex plot of land in the years to come. Or a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster In that plot of land like Hangtime at Knotts Berry Farm. The lighting package would look amazing with All the other great night rides at Kings Island!

Yes, the only issue is the lower capacity of Hangtime, but either one of those would be a great addition.

^Any non B&M coaster is going to be a downgrade from the actual B&Ms KI has made.  The park made a GCI work out, so anything with a slight capacity break from a B&M will be fine.

Capacity worries are overrated unless it's an obvious detriment like with Ghoster Coaster and Backlot to an extent.

I am perfectly okay with sacrificing capacity for variety on most rational cases.

• Like 1

Just more flats in general . . maybe a couple in the dead spots back behind the Eiffel Tower.  Or the path across from the Diamondback pond.  Right now I cannot picture if there is room there.

Also, a nature trail to take a break from the crowds when you want one.

• Like 1

I’d like to see mainly some little things that would add to the park, bring back more if it’s charm. More landscaping like flowers around the Eiffel Tower would be nice, the post office across the train station to return, lights on the log flumes drop, and the Skyride to make a comeback. They’ve done a great job on bringing things back fans have asked for over the last few years. 

Backlot is nice in that it's a family coaster, but it is just a blight on the park. It has to go. 

1)( Highly Unlikely) Remove Backlot Stunt Coaster. Move the antique cars to their rightful location. Add flat rides on the current 'tiques sight. Various other traditional-sized flats throughout the park.

OR

2) (Also very unlikely) Remove Backlot and replace it with a Steeplechase (Pony Express)- a larger version than the one at Knott's. Put in some nice landscaping. Various other traditional-sized flats throughout the park.

My somewhat more realistic wish is to overhaul Action Zone into a cohesive theme when Congo and Invertigo hit the "service life" wall. Even though it's nice to see Timberwolf used this year I'm still not entirely convinced it's long for this world. We shall see. With that factored into the equation there is some great potential in that area for a revamp.

44 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

Remove Backlot and replace it with a Steelplechase (Pony Express)- a larger version than the one at Knotts. Put in some nice landscaping. Various other traditional-sized flats throughout the park.

Could you really fit a larger version of anything more than a restroom on that plot?

1 hour ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

Could you really fit a larger version of anything more than a restroom on that plot?

2 hours ago, KI Guy said:

Backlot is nice in that it's a family coaster, but it is just a blight on the park. It s to go. 

2) (Also very unlikely) Remove Backlot and replace it with a Steelplechase (Pony Express)- a larger version than the one at Knotts. Put in some nice landscaping. Various other traditional-sized flats throughout the park.

This is an amazing unique idea!!lockquote widget

9 hours ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

Yes, look up the Pony Express at Knott's and the MotoCoaster at Darien Lake. They're not huge themselves, but you'll see how KI could fit a larger version of something like that with a longer track and more capacity.

Backlot itself was too small for the plot they gave it.

8 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

This is an amazing unique idea!!

Thanks! My initial thought was to just re-theme Backlot, giving it Steeplechase trains, and replacing the Backlot theme with beautiful landscaping. This is unlikely given the different manufacturers. Also, its been long enough now that it's probably not worth revamping vs replacement.

They could even give it Kentucky Derbyesque theming if they would like a regional tie-in.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, silver2005 said:

^Any non B&M coaster is going to be a downgrade from the actual B&Ms KI has made.  The park made a GCI work out, so anything with a slight capacity break from a B&M will be fine.

Capacity worries are overrated unless it's an obvious detriment like with Ghoster Coaster and Backlot to an extent.

I am perfectly okay with sacrificing capacity for variety on most rational cases.

You could fit a decent size coaster in that land if you go for a compact footprint and use the landscaped areas surrounding BLSC. Or you could go over the midway and use the areas next to Diamondback and the showplace or even The Vortex plot. Granted, I very much think they shouldn't do something like that. It makes more sense to build new coasters in the land surrounding the park that otherwise won't get used and keep the station near the midway. When BLSC meets it demise (I enjoy the ride and don't see an immediate need to remove it), that land would be better used for flat rides, food, shops, etc.

18 hours ago, KI Guy said:

Backlot is nice in that it's a family coaster, but it is just a blight on the park. It has to go. 

1)( Highly Unlikely) Remove Backlot Stunt Coaster. Move the antique cars to their rightful location. Add flat rides on the current 'tiques sight. Various other traditional-sized flats throughout the park.

OR

2) (Also very unlikely) Remove Backlot and replace it with a Steeplechase (Pony Express)- a larger version than the one at Knott's. Put in some nice landscaping. Various other traditional-sized flats throughout the park.

My somewhat more realistic wish is to overhaul Action Zone into a cohesive theme when Congo and Invertigo hit the "service life" wall. Even though it's nice to see Timberwolf used this year I'm still not entirely convinced it's long for this world. We shall see. With that factored into the equation there is some great potential in that area for a revamp.

I don’t think BLSC will close for a very long time, it is a good ride, and it draws lots of crowds. Especially since it only opened 17 years ago. So maybe in like 10 years I could see them talking about removing it.

Speaking of Backlot, I still say it should have spinning trains. IMO, it would be a lot more fun. The only issue I see is the (possible) intensity of the helix with spinning cars (unless the spinning was controlled through the helix, and then the trains could freely spin afterward).

• Like 1

For Backlot, I'd like them to at least do a complete theming overhaul, re-paint it to something other than black, and maybe add some onboard music or something.  Anything to make it not stick out like the sore thumb it is. 

9 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

For Backlot, I'd like them to at least do a complete theming overhaul, re-paint it to something other than black, and maybe add some onboard music or something.  Anything to make it not stick out like the sore thumb it is. 

They did just repaint it so that likely won't happen for a while. I could see some Rivertown like theming added in the future though (think Mystery Mine). 

On 4/30/2022 at 9:59 PM, Imperial79 said:

I’d like to see mainly some little things that would add to the park, bring back more if it’s charm. More landscaping like flowers around the Eiffel Tower would be nice, the post office across the train station to return, lights on the log flumes drop, and the Skyride to make a comeback. They’ve done a great job on bringing things back fans have asked for over the last few years. 

Was the Skyride shown in the Cincinnati Kids Brady Bunch episode? Is that the thing that ran parallel to International Street, above the fountain?

Made a mock up of something I'd like to see. Think something along the lines of the 2 story rustic lodge restaurant going to Canada's Wonderland get built in the large grass area near Diamondback's brake run. Have it be sit down like Brewhouse and feature a nice patio on the basement level facing Diamondback's brake run. Could even have live music on it. Would also be a nice grand entrance to Rivertown from the tower. 

image.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Made a mock up of something I'd like to see. Think something along the lines of the 2 story rustic lodge restaurant going to Canada's Wonderland get built in the large grass area near Diamondback's brake run. Have it be sit down like Brewhouse and feature a nice patio on the basement level facing Diamondback's brake run. Could even have live music on it. Would also be a nice grand entrance to Rivertown from the tower. 

image.png

thats been a dead space for years and i too would like to see something put there whether it be a building like a brewhaus or a flat ride or one of them giant ferris wheels.

I played a crazy game of connect the dots with plots that are under used/vacant. I’ve thought for a while that the area behind the Eiffel Tower is under used and unimpressive compared to the rest of the park. We have Backlot which detracts from the area around it with its shipping containers and faded billboards which face away from the midway.  We have the old dolphin stadium plot and a tiny random drink shop that’s never open. We have an over sized dining area for Skyline, outdated Tower Gardens, and an old air brush shop. Expand that to Vortex and Crypt (I know that’s a stretch) and the possibilities are definitely endless.

Room for multiple flat rides and coasters. I would want to give the Carousel plenty of room to breath though to keep the area quiet and peaceful.

If Backlot stays, I’d really love for it to be rethemed/refreshed to interact better with the area around it.

E485F8F1-0FFE-4BEA-B2E5-3F8AD49ECDEF.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Return of the Rotag said:

thats been a dead space for years and i too would like to see something put there whether it be a building like a brewhaus or a flat ride or one of them giant ferris wheels.

Whoa! Long time no see Ro! So glad to see you return.

• Thanks 1