What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?

40 minutes ago, Diamondsback said:

This is going to sound odd,but some theming for Diamondback would be nice,especially if it came with a repaint.

That is a good idea. DB was put in when theming was not as important, and they just wanted to add rides. Now that CF has seen the importance of theming and has started inventing in more theme, a current ride theme upgrade would add a lot to the ride experience.

• Like 1

I would also like to see the Banshee lighting package updated. Banshee's light package from like 2014-2018 had a lot of LED lights and a little fog, but it seems like lately the lighting package has been disappearing and not as good as it used to. The LED movers that were in the queue were I think removed after 2018 which is a shame. The maintenance lights on the lift also seem to be burnt out. I'd like to see the lighting package updated maybe for its 10th anniversary in 2024 along with a repaint. I'd also like to see a purple LED strip added to the lift like on Orion. 

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

That is a good idea. DB was put in when theming was not as important, and they just wanted to add rides. Now that CF has seen the importance of theming and has started inventing in more theme, a current ride theme upgrade would add a lot to the ride experience.

I'd also love to see that. Maybe build a wood queue house over the queue line. Also please repaint Diamondback. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'd also love to see that. Maybe build a wood queue house over the queue line. Also please repaint Diamondback. 

I loved all the painting that was done this last offseason, unfortunately it also made Diamondback and Banshee stick out a little bit more. That red just fades so quickly.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2022 at 8:45 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

I loved all the painting that was done this last offseason, unfortunately it also made Diamondback and Banshee stick out a little bit more. That red just fades so quickly.

I totally agree, If you look at Diamondback and Banshee they both look a lot different than what they used too. If you look at Intimidator at Carowinds they re-painted it last season and it looks a lot better, it makes it look very new. I would love to see the same treatment done to both of them. A little bit of paint could go a long way for guests!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love seeing all the upgrades and refurbs for this season. If I could pick one general thing to change it would be trees. Would love to see more trees planted around the park and rides. There is so much empty space and flat, wide pathways. Additional trees and landscaping would make the park look a lot nicer and add additional shading around the area too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I Think that if they put a Mack Multi-launch like Copper head strike at Carowinds in The Vortex plot of land they could put the entrance at the end of Coney Mall and they could have a crowd draw to the end of Coney, I rarely see guests go down there.

Also I have already said it but I would love a wild mouse at KI there is a lot of places it could go, and would fit nicely.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see a wild mouse at KI, most of the parks in the chain have them and everytime I ride one of them, I just wish more and more our park had one, it would be a perfect fit for riders who don’t want crazy thrills but want a fun experience with their friends and family!

• Like 2

I also believe a wild mouse coaster would be a nice addition. I rode Apple Zapple at Kings Dominion. It was pretty alright for a mouse. I rode Wild Mouse at Hersheypark a few years back. I like how it was a little more thrilling, but there were several places where I had to hold the lab bar between me and my kid to keep my legs from banging it.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, KIBeast said:

I also believe a wild mouse coaster would be a nice addition. I rode Apple Zapple at Kings Dominion. It was pretty alright for a mouse. I rode Wild Mouse at Hersheypark a few years back. I like how it was a little more thrilling, but there were several places where I had to hold the lab bar between me and my kid to keep my legs from banging it.

I totally agree! My personal favorite and most comfortable wild mouse I have done is Ricochet at Carowinds. That kind of wild mouse is what I really want to see at KI.

• Like 2

I would love to see them redesign the entrance and exit in and out of the park.  I feel like I am playing real life Frogger entering the park and avoid not getting ran into by people crossing over from the exit.  Wish they would either switch the exit to the guest relations side with a short fence directing people out into the parking area or have two exits out of the park on the perimeters.  Keep the current one by International Restaurant and the other by Guest Relations with a small fence to guide people away from the center where the metal detectors are where people coming into the park are.  Would need to work around the ticket booths and season pass somehow but sure they could find a way that works better.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Now that The Beast has been working well for a change, something I'd like to see in the upcoming future - 

1. Childhood dream of seeing Intamin manufacture their double or triple Ferris wheel again with the first installation being the new Zodiac at KI..... wishful thinking because I don't think that'll ever happen.

2. I'm with some of you.guys that painting and or adding lights on Banshee and dback would be great

3. Repaint of Woodstock Express. It's still very nickelodeon in it's color scheme. Should have yellow track with red trains or something like that. Definitely yellow track because Woodstock is yellow. Idk what color trains but definitely stay away from the neon nickelodeon colors.... don't want a tatsu repaint on our hands! 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I would love if the park upgraded or changed the location of the Soak City train station. It is currently an abysmal concrete pad with fencing. Same goes with the path that leads to Soak City, it’s not even a direct path to the water park. Honestly Soak City and the Train aren’t going anywhere so they might as well invest in having the path either go underneath or goes over the tracks and get rid of that hideous looking pedestrian bridge.

IMG_3263.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tr0y said:

I would love if the park upgraded or changed the location of the Soak City train station. It is currently an abysmal concrete pad with fencing. Same goes with the path that leads to Soak City, it’s not even a direct path to the water park. Honestly Soak City and the Train aren’t going anywhere so they might as well invest in having the path either go underneath or goes over the tracks and get rid of that hideous looking pedestrian bridge.

IMG_3263.jpeg

In other words, let's remove more trees!  

Seriously though, Soak City is in need of an overhaul, so this would be a time to address the bridge and station. Both do need work. 

In the past, we have seen major additions preceded by minor changes...2019 brought antique autos and 2020 brought Orion. 2016 brought funnel cake and 2017 brought mystic. Timbers. 

With the removal of the surfing attraction and renovation of the restaurant in Soak City this year, I wonder if 2024 brings in a renovation and rethemed Soak City?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tr0y said:

I kind of agree with this. The Soak City station feels like an afterthought, a backstage area, and way too undersized for the volume of people who use it. It routinely doesn't have enough space for the people who are waiting to board, so the line often extends out into the already cramped adjacent path, especially on busy days. I like your placement for the new station and think it'd also make good use of that path alongside the lazy river, which (I think) is currently blocked off anyway.

I think the only downside to this plan, apart from trees, is that that'd also do away with a maintenance road. But, I'm sure there's something that can be done to replace it or provide another way for employees to get around.

2 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I think the only downside to this plan, apart from trees, is that that'd also do away with a maintenance road. But, I'm sure there's something that can be done to replace it or provide another way for employees to get around.

There’s also a gradient along that stretch of track. I’m not sure where it exactly levels out but I know they open the throttle up when they get towards Mystic Timbers’ turnaround where the back of the barn is. 

I propose relocating/removing Pineapple Pipeline and Tropical Twister:

IMG_4969.jpeg

This would free up space for passengers where an actual shade structure could be built, all while keeping the station closer to the waterpark entrance. 

• Like 1

Yes, there is an uphill run from by the Mystic turnaround to almost the Soak City station.   Keep in mind that the entrance to Soak City from the parking lot did not exist when the water park first opened.  That didn`t come about until the early 2000s, and then was a season pass holder exclusive for several seasons.  I agree that the entrance to the water park from the train and dryside could use some sprucing up, although I don`t know how much could really be changed, without removing existing buildings/attractions.

• Like 1

I kinda wish The Beast got a theming enhancement much like The Adventure Express. Maybe add The Beast eyes in the tunnels. Add some sound effects such as adding a chain breaking noise when the train departs the station. Roaring and grunting noises throughout the ride and such, while also keeping the classic music that we have become accustomed to on the lift hills. Also if this horse hasn’t been beaten enough, BRING BACK THE WATER FEATURE!

Reference noises: 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

I kinda wish The Beast got a theming enhancement much like The Adventure Express. Maybe add The Beast eyes in the tunnels. Add some sound effects such as adding a chain breaking noise when the train departs the station. Roaring and grunting noises throughout the ride and such, while also keeping the classic music that we have become accustomed to on the lift hills. Also if this horse hasn’t been beaten enough, BRING BACK THE WATER FEATURE!

Reference noises: 

Trust me I'd love to see the return of the water feature at Beast. In fact, back in 2008 I recall The Beast crew fed a water hose up the station and had it running through most of the 4th of July weekend. They also had station music. It was a cool site to see but it didn't last long.

CF has gotten better when it comes to themeing but with dynamic theming such as water, mist, or flames until they can prove they can upkeep I'm just not so sure if this is doable. For now that is.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Trust me I'd love to see the return of the water feature at Beast. In fact, back in 2008 I recall The Beast crew fed a water hose up the station and had it running through most of the 4th of July weekend. They also had station music. It was a cool site to see but it didn't last long.

CF has gotten better when it comes to themeing but with dynamic theming such as water, mist, or flames until they can prove they can upkeep I'm just not so sure if this is doable. For now that is.

I mean they keep the royal fountains running year long, surely they can manage a water pump. We’re not asking for a water show, just simply water running through the water chutes again.

1 hour ago, Tr0y said:

I mean they keep the royal fountains running year long, surely they can manage a water pump. We’re not asking for a water show, just simply water running through the water chutes again.

The Royal Fountain stops operating in made to late October and doesn't start running again until April.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

The Royal Fountain stops operating in made to late October and doesn't start running again until April.

That’s fine The Beast hibernates at the end of haunt. The water feature would only be running when  The Beast is active.

• Like 1