What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?

The main difference is- the royal fountains can be viewed from all around International Street; the same can somewhat be said for the pond in Adventure Port. The old Beast water feature could only really be seen by people who are waiting in line for the ride. That’s a lot of money spent on mosquito control, plumbing, electricity, and etc that could be allocated elsewhere.

• Like 1

Another change I would like to see the park do is remove the water mist from the queue line fans. There is nothing worse than waiting in a long line and being stuck in front of one of those things. I didn’t plan on getting wet when I ride Mystic Timbers, but I have no choice waiting in line being in-front of one of those. It’s even worse later in the day, say 9pm when the temps drop from the high 80’s to the low 70’s because Ohio. Then the mist becomes unpleasantly chilly. Also from an OCD perspective after a while the fans start to look like crap from the hard water stains. The water also puddles in the queue, attracts a-lot of dirt and I noticed on Mystic Timbers one of the fans killed part of a tree from all the water. The park should opt for drinking fountains in the queue line instead. Water is better for us in our body on a hot day than it is outside of it. I think the park should opt for cool down zones next to the main paths for people who want to get a quick mist. They’re are plenty of blank concrete spots they could add these.

Doesn’t have to be here exactly, but just an example of a waste of space:

IMG_1187.jpeg

On 6/6/2023 at 12:00 PM, SonofBaconator said:

There’s also a gradient along that stretch of track. I’m not sure where it exactly levels out but I know they open the throttle up when they get towards Mystic Timbers’ turnaround where the back of the barn is. 

I propose relocating/removing Pineapple Pipeline and Tropical Twister:

IMG_4969.jpeg

This would free up space for passengers where an actual shade structure could be built, all while keeping the station closer to the waterpark entrance. 

That’s a good idea. They could probably just remove Tropical Twister and that would create enough space to re route the walkway to and from the water park as well as at the same time have enough space to add a station building with more shade and places to sit and wait for the train.

…and finally hope this station isn’t built as a Coca-cola freestyle stand. Jeez that was such a boneheaded move by the park. <_<

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tr0y said:

Another change I would like to see the park do is remove the water mist from the queue line fans. There is nothing worse than waiting in a long line and being stuck in front of one of those things. I didn’t plan on getting wet when I ride Mystic Timbers, but I have no choice waiting in line being in-front of one of those. It’s even worse later in the day, say 9pm when the temps drop from the high 80’s to the low 70’s because Ohio. Then the mist becomes unpleasantly chilly. Also from an OCD perspective after a while the fans start to look like crap from the hard water stains. The water also puddles in the queue, attracts a-lot of dirt and I noticed on Mystic Timbers one of the fans killed part of a tree from all the water. The park should opt for drinking fountains in the queue line instead. Water is better for us in our body on a hot day than it is outside of it. I think the park should opt for cool down zones next to the main paths for people who want to get a quick mist. They’re are plenty of blank concrete spots they could add these.

Doesn’t have to be here exactly, but just an example of a waste of space:

IMG_1187.jpeg

I don't mind the mist fans in line (I think they're great!); however, misting stations around the park would be great! There used to be one(a Coca-Cola Cool zone, to be exact) near Adventure Express's old entrance/ladder climb game back in the day and I'm not exactly sure what replaced that.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 11:43 PM, Tr0y said:

I kinda wish The Beast got a theming enhancement much like The Adventure Express. Maybe add The Beast eyes in the tunnels. Add some sound effects such as adding a chain breaking noise when the train departs the station. Roaring and grunting noises throughout the ride and such, while also keeping the classic music that we have become accustomed to on the lift hills. Also if this horse hasn’t been beaten enough, BRING BACK THE WATER FEATURE!

Reference noises: 

Just to piggyback off my post with the enhanced theming they could add claw marks inside the station on the walls, floor and ceiling. They can add broken chains to each side of the track at the front of the station. They can add red or orange led lighting that lights up the ceiling like in the Banshee station. They can re route the exit and fast pass to the front entrance area, and bring use to The Beast Canyon Drinks building by turning it into a Photo Booth / gift shop much like Diamondback. Also re routing would clear up a good amount of space for any potential expansion in The Vortex plot.

IMG_3278.jpeg

IMG_3297.jpeg

IMG_3295.jpeg

IMG_3296.jpeg

• Like 5

On 6/7/2023 at 1:05 PM, SonofBaconator said:

The main difference is- the royal fountains can be viewed from all around International Street; the same can somewhat be said for the pond in Adventure Port. The old Beast water feature could only really be seen by people who are waiting in line for the ride. That’s a lot of money spent on mosquito control, plumbing, electricity, and etc that could be allocated elsewhere.

Not all theming has to be seen by everyone. The plumbing and electrical components are already in place, but to mitigate trash and mosquito control they can just make it a gravel fountain, with appropriate foliage around it, it would be nice.

Example:

IMG_3291.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/8/2023 at 3:28 PM, Tr0y said:

Not all theming has to be seen by everyone. The plumbing and electrical components are already in place, but to mitigate trash and mosquito control they can just make it a gravel fountain, with appropriate foliage around it, it would be nice.

Example:

IMG_3291.jpeg

I would prefer to see the gravel stream by Mystic Timbers' entrance to be turned into an actual running water stream (I believe it was a stream at one point). 

• Like 3

^They would need them for Backlots affects that worked when it first opened.  Backlot had a water affect coming out of the tunnel and they definitely need the electrical stuff.  

I worked at Rivertown Potato Works in 2004 when it was being constructed, and the crews hit a sewer line one day that made the whole back section of KI smell really, really bad. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, silver2005 said:

^They would need them for Backlots affects that worked when it first opened.  Backlot had a water affect coming out of the tunnel and they definitely need the electrical stuff.  

The Italian Job's "splash down" was a concrete basin with some weak jets.  The plumbing for the OG car rides water features likely was removed.