What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?

On 5/26/2019 at 12:30 AM, SonofBaconator said:

Heres an updated/ more realistic list

Its been discussed on here that CF has a 5 year plan for its parks which obviously includes KI. Assuming one starts after 2020- what do you think would be the park's 5 year plan? 

Here's mine

2021: Planet Snoopy additions (interchangeable with 2023)

2022: 50th Anniversary celebration

2023: Waterpark additions (interchangeable with 2021)

2024: Possible flat ride and coaster construction

2025: Next coaster

Some of these could be combined or multiple things could occur at in one season. 

I'm thinking your timeline is pretty much correct. Putting in a massive coaster in 2020, and it's been a while since there was a new water park/kids ride, so that makes sense for them to be up again soon. I'm hoping the 24'-25' seasons see a similar push we've seen the past couple years for Coney Mall, but for the Action Zone and maybe Oktoberfest. I'd like to see a full re-theming of the area. Maybe a year-round scary theme that fits well with Banshee, Bat, and Adventure Express. There's already really good flats there, so I'd like a solid coaster which compliments Banshee well. A dive makes a lot of sense for Kings Island, although I'd rather see them get away from B&M for a bit. Likely it would be in the former SOB area, but also maybe replacing Invertigo and Congo Falls up by the main gate.

12 hours ago, Turtlepower said:

A dive makes a lot of sense for Kings Island, although I'd rather see them get away from B&M for a bit. Likely it would be in the former SOB area, but also maybe replacing Invertigo and Congo Falls up by the main gate.

I've often thought the same thing, I even had a concept of it replacing the theater and Invertigo and call it the demon but I don't think Cedar Fair's willing to have another dive coaster in the same state as valravn unless it's significantly smaller

• 8 months later...
10 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Cincinnati has both German and Irish roots so they could stretch it to a "dark woods" theme. Just have Oktoberfest be German woods themed and have it transition to "spooky woods" with AZ

Guess you could keep Okoberfest and rename AZ to Ire-Land.:lol:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, 139Signal27 said:

I wish the park made a significant effort planting trees every year. It seems like season after season we lose tress, but they often times aren’t replaced.

Yes.  That’s the biggest improvement needed in the park.  Look at past photos and see how many trees have been lost.     The park is barren and miserable in the heat. 

Kings Dominion is the opposite and a much more beautiful park. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2020 at 9:57 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Its more of the idea that merging them would make AZ better.

Oktoberfest is indeed fine how it is with exception to the Burrito shack

That burrito shack isn't even very good. Its like if you wanted some really bland not spicy at all Chipotle. It should just always be mac and cheese bar.

10 hours ago, super7 said:

Yes.  That’s the biggest improvement needed in the park.  Look at past photos and see how many trees have been lost.     The park is barren and miserable in the heat. 

Kings Dominion is the opposite and a much more beautiful park. 

I'd start an initiative for every tree cut down, another tree would be planted somewhere else on the property

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

That burrito shack isn't even very good. Its like if you wanted some really bland not spicy at all Chipotle. It should just always be mac and cheese bar.

I would definitely like a return of the German restaurant at Hank's and more German themeing in the Bier Garden. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

So to answer the original question, what would I like changed at Kings Island - 

The one thing that if I could wave a wand and it would magically change would be - Storage bins on ALL ride platforms. Mystic Timbers and Orion drive me CRAZY with the no bag policy. Why don't new rides have bins like the old ones!? Answer: Because they want to squeeze you for money for a stinkin locker rental! It's ridiculous! Anyway that's what I would want changed

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'd like to see a larger shift towards more themed attractions and lands. They are definitely stepping in the right direction with how Mystic Timbers and Orion were, but each of those rides still feel like there is something missing, a story. Sure, Mystic Timbers has a shell of a story and Orion has one present, but neither of them makes you feel as if you are part of their story. Obviously, we would all like to see something along the lines of Hagrid's at Islands of Adventure or Galaxy Edges at DHS, but realistically that's not happening. That being the case I would still like to see the greater theming of lands and/or a retheming of old lands to either better fit their theme (Rivertown, & Oktoberfest) or to change it all together (Action Zone).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Penguin said:

I'd like to see a larger shift towards more themed attractions and lands. They are definitely stepping in the right direction with how Mystic Timbers and Orion were, but each of those rides still feel like there is something missing, a story. Sure, Mystic Timbers has a shell of a story and Orion has one present, but neither of them makes you feel as if you are part of their story. Obviously, we would all like to see something along the lines of Hagrid's at Islands of Adventure or Galaxy Edges at DHS, but realistically that's not happening. That being the case I would still like to see the greater theming of lands and/or a retheming of old lands to either better fit their theme (Rivertown, & Oktoberfest) or to change it all together (Action Zone).

Welcome to hell, newcomer. The problem I see with theming things to intellectual property is that it ages like milk. There are timeless exceptions to this, but it often creates something with diminishing returns after a few years. Paramount did it a lot, and you can see the issue. How many people were thinking about the Italian Job or Face/Off in the 2010s?

I also don't think the GP cares as much about theming as enthusiasts do at CF or SIX parks (which,I tend to agree with in that theming at more generic parks in overrated).  Sure, it helps, but the lack thereof isn't detrimental to non-enthusiasts.  To them, that's why you go to a park more geared to theming like Dollywood, Disney, or Universal Studios.

I'd really like to see a retheme of Boo Blasters. It's been what, 11-12 years now? I think it's time for something different and perhaps a return to a more "classic" dark ride - No guns, more animatronics, just a nice themed ride through. I'd also like to get away from the spooky/haunted theme. It would be nice to return to something similar to Enchanted Voyage and Smurfs. A fun, light-hearted ride that the whole family could ride. Peanuts would be fine, but a brand new creation/story could be fun too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

I also don't think the GP cares as much about theming as enthusiasts do at CF or SIX parks (which,I tend to agree with in that theming at more generic parks in overrated).  Sure, it helps, but the lack thereof isn't detrimental to non-enthusiasts.  To them, that's why you go to a park more geared to theming like Dollywood, Disney, or Universal Studios.

I don't know that its as much enthusiast vs. GP that's the issue as it is vacationers vs. passholders. Great theming and themed rides brings in those people who visit once every few years or once a year but those that go to parks repeatedly each year lose interest in that sort of thing quickly, imo, or at least don't value it as much as having a quality thrill ride that's worth repeating.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Re-open the International Restaurant. A lot of new, beautiful memories could be made there, dining with that amazing view of the Eiffel Tower. And talk about "park pride" - the older generations that remember eating there, or people who worked there - it could really be something special. It could be an amazing place to propose to that special someone, to spend New Year's Eve, or even renting it out for private parties (or heck, as a wedding venue).

• Like 2