Jump to content
kings_island~thrill is me!

What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?

Recommended Posts

On 5/26/2019 at 12:30 AM, SonofBaconator said:

Heres an updated/ more realistic list

Its been discussed on here that CF has a 5 year plan for its parks which obviously includes KI. Assuming one starts after 2020- what do you think would be the park's 5 year plan? 

Here's mine

2021: Planet Snoopy additions (interchangeable with 2023)

2022: 50th Anniversary celebration

2023: Waterpark additions (interchangeable with 2021)

2024: Possible flat ride and coaster construction

2025: Next coaster

Some of these could be combined or multiple things could occur at in one season. 

I'm thinking your timeline is pretty much correct. Putting in a massive coaster in 2020, and it's been a while since there was a new water park/kids ride, so that makes sense for them to be up again soon. I'm hoping the 24'-25' seasons see a similar push we've seen the past couple years for Coney Mall, but for the Action Zone and maybe Oktoberfest. I'd like to see a full re-theming of the area. Maybe a year-round scary theme that fits well with Banshee, Bat, and Adventure Express. There's already really good flats there, so I'd like a solid coaster which compliments Banshee well. A dive makes a lot of sense for Kings Island, although I'd rather see them get away from B&M for a bit. Likely it would be in the former SOB area, but also maybe replacing Invertigo and Congo Falls up by the main gate.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Turtlepower said:

A dive makes a lot of sense for Kings Island, although I'd rather see them get away from B&M for a bit. Likely it would be in the former SOB area, but also maybe replacing Invertigo and Congo Falls up by the main gate.

I've often thought the same thing, I even had a concept of it replacing the theater and Invertigo and call it the demon but I don't think Cedar Fair's willing to have another dive coaster in the same state as valravn unless it's significantly smaller

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

In no particular order:

Soak City addition

Return of old favorites (50th anniversary 2022)

A multi inversion coaster to replace Vortex

Planet Snoopy addition

Doing something to Action Zone

Gotta ask, what is your stance/opinion on Oktoberfest?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

It's going to be hard to tie Banshee into that, since she's an Irish spirit.

Cincinnati has both German and Irish roots so they could stretch it to a "dark woods" theme. Just have Oktoberfest be German woods themed and have it transition to "spooky woods" with AZ

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

I don’t see why the two areas should be merged, Oktoberfest is fine in my opinion, it just could use another small flat.

Its more of the idea that merging them would make AZ better.

Oktoberfest is indeed fine how it is with exception to the Burrito shack

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the issue with Oktoberfest, Hank's Burrito Shack aside, is that there is simply not a lot of room to expand. It's pretty much hemmed in on all sides right now in terms of possible expansion.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Cincinnati has both German and Irish roots so they could stretch it to a "dark woods" theme. Just have Oktoberfest be German woods themed and have it transition to "spooky woods" with AZ

Guess you could keep Okoberfest and rename AZ to Ire-Land.:lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 139Signal27 said:

I wish the park made a significant effort planting trees every year. It seems like season after season we lose tress, but they often times aren’t replaced.

Yes.  That’s the biggest improvement needed in the park.  Look at past photos and see how many trees have been lost.     The park is barren and miserable in the heat. 

Kings Dominion is the opposite and a much more beautiful park. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 9:57 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Its more of the idea that merging them would make AZ better.

Oktoberfest is indeed fine how it is with exception to the Burrito shack

That burrito shack isn't even very good. Its like if you wanted some really bland not spicy at all Chipotle. It should just always be mac and cheese bar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, super7 said:

Yes.  That’s the biggest improvement needed in the park.  Look at past photos and see how many trees have been lost.     The park is barren and miserable in the heat. 

Kings Dominion is the opposite and a much more beautiful park. 

I'd start an initiative for every tree cut down, another tree would be planted somewhere else on the property

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

That burrito shack isn't even very good. Its like if you wanted some really bland not spicy at all Chipotle. It should just always be mac and cheese bar.

I would definitely like a return of the German restaurant at Hank's and more German themeing in the Bier Garden. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...