What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?

I ... don't pay attention? I wrote "mist" in the caption to the picture. And realized that it was mist. But for some reason ... didn't connect that it wasn't fog? It's late.

Either way. Some sort of smoke/fog/dry ice fog/mist should be brought back to Flight Deck. So there. :P I never rode it when the effects were working so I had no idea what it used.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see just a few things happen:

-Flight Deck's theming to come back as I never was able to see it when it was there.

-More theming on The Crypt.

-A new slide in Boomerang Bay (it gets kind of boring).

-Cheaper food.

-A new restroom in Coney Mall.

-Finally, X-Base to be expanded.

Edit: Computer submitted post

So? Tell us what they are? Perhaps they will, you never know.

They need to add a dive coaster. They have high capacity and are really fun.

Kings Island just got a $22 million coaster. Another large installation may not happen for years, given the economy. After all, what large ride did Cedar Point get in 2008? And this year?

-Flight Deck's theming to come back as I never was able to see it when it was there.

-More theming on The Crypt.

-A new slide in Boomerang Bay (it gets kind of boring).

-Finally, X-Base to be expanded.

I was kinda hoping for those things too.

I watched a video for the promo of FD when it was TG and DOT.

They had fog and all this stuff, it was pretty cool.

Although they didn't show OUR FD, the ones they did show looked cool with their theming.

Boomerang Bay.

They expanded it, then left it. Now it just gets boring.

More theming on The Crypt.

Need I say more?

I think they should expand X-Base and make it its own thing.

It doesn't really fit with Coney Mall.

Also, I think they should change the name..

Something like "Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow" that sounds good. (I think Terpy might get this)

Haha, kidding.

But X-Base should be expanded.. Although there isn't much space unless they tear down where The Asylum is, and build a path around Firehawk.

• 2 weeks later...

In Order:

- I would like more flats, variety is nice. I love carny flats, maybe because I was a carny for many years ;). All the current flats, except for the swings, have healthy lines (some of which is due to slow ride operation).

- BB should get an activity pool, again slide after slide gets boring, variety is nice

- BB Should also get a lagoon pool slide (not sure the real name of these but they are great)

- Removal of the trim brake on The Racer

- More flips on the Crypt

- Sky Ride

- Trees in Action Zone

Wife Says: - Cleaner bathrooms

They should also actually setup or sale the second Eurobungy. I hated seeing a half setup Eurobungy all last season.

I think the best thing to do next year is just level out the park, just work on scenary and flat rides for a year or two. The park could get soo many visitors. :rolleyes:

Yeah no one likes scenary or flats... Better call Knoebels and let them know they can scrap all those junky rides they have laying around, it would probably get them more guest since flats are so boring and ugly... :rolleyes:

I have posted this many times before, but the first priority should be the former Flight Commander area.

I agree with you! The back part of the park is kinda just going away, they need to do something with the former Flight Commander and Laser Tag area. Bring that area back to life.

I would obouvously(sp?) like to see many things that probably won't happen. There are some things that can be obtainable though, such as

Wifi around the parks

New additions to BB, they just refurbished it and made new slides then left it.

cheeper food, although I understand they have to pay off Diamondback.

Maybe they could use the lazertag building for a permanent Haunted attraction

More things for a family to do together, Maybe some dark rides.

Alot of people might disagree with me but I want Kings Island to stay a themepark not an Amusement park. You guys can disagree, thats just my oppinion.

Most of these might never happen but I am happy to have Kings Island the way it is.

Even if all that were somewhat true, you forget one thing. A very big thing. Cedar Fair is in massive debt. Tremendous, crushing debt. Debt in the neighborhood of $2 billion debt. Revenue that comes in from unexpected sources may be committed to paying off that debt...it depends on the terms in the loan covenants, which are not public.

Even more, Cedar Fair only managed Star Trek: The Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton. The contract was not renewed. Where is this $48 million coming from? The contract was over. The intellectual property, including props, belonged to Paramount. To my knowledge, Cedar Fair did not collect a dime for "selling" Star Trek: The Experience, as, you see, they had nothing to sell.

CincinnatiCyclone, you still are nowhere near right. I know it is fun to post, but be sure of what you are posting before you do. I have no idea how you are sure of the $48 million as to Star Trek: The Experience. The plain fact is there is no such gain to Cedar Fair associated with it. As I have pointed out, Cedar Fair had nothing there to sell. Cedar Fair managed the experience under a contract that it inherited when it bought Paramount Parks. The debt largely, but not totally, came from the Paramount Parks acquisition.

And you will soon find that many who post here know the facts involved from personal involvement, not reading them on the internet. If you don't know what you post is the case, you need to research it BEFORE you are challenged, not afterwards.

I do agree with most people that have posted, that KI does need a more sit down resturant lol, and a new enterance, plus they should clean up some of the gum when you are waiting in line for the son of The Beast but thats kinda an inside joke with some people.

bring back the phantom theater but as a ride in the fx theater to replace sponge bob and his silly pikcle {sorry cant remeber how to spell pikcle} but yeah a former good ride brout back but to have an added experience of the seats moving the thing be in 3-D to make the gost {same here} seem more realistic and it will give the phantom much more free'er movement than the one spot flaillin around like a person havin a stroke

Guest TombraiderTy
Once again, if you put in 5 to 10 flat rides, like they did opening year, that could last twenty years. Full of excitement for younglings. And could make the park look better(in my mind). :lol:

Six Flags Great Adventure added 27 rides in 1999 in a promotion known as "The War on Lines". Many were flat rides. While the concept sounded great, it proved terrible in several areas. Most rides were closed due to lack of staff, the additional rides required more maintance costs, ect. Present day, ten of the rides have been removed.

And both installation and most of the removals occurred under prior Six Flags management. Even the first year the rides were installed, there was almost no day that at least one of them wasn't closed for whatever reason. Some, like Evolution and Jump2, seldom ran at all. Most of the removed rides were moved to other Six Flags parks, like the Frisbee was to Six Flags Great America. The concept of the war on lines was not flawed. The then Six Flags management was.

Guest TombraiderTy

^You don't think adding 27 rides in one year is a flawed idea? I mean, that takes so much more maintance and staffing. Plus introducing these rides over a longer period of time could help continually draw guests in.