What would you like changed to KI in the next five years?

I like your idea of offering the park maps at different places throughout the park. However, I have to disagree on the music on the train. I love the music on the train this year and last, with the exception of "Cotton Eyed Joe." I too enjoyed it when they played bluegrass music, but I really like The Outlaws' version of "Ghost Riders in the Sky" and Dwight Yoakum's version of "Want You to Want Me."

I'd love to see a few things-some realistic, some not so much:

-The addition of a Stratacoaster like TTD in Action Zone

-A return to a more German theme for Octoberfest and the Festhaus

-A 'haunted' indoor ride

-Something to populate the far end of Coney Mall

-A bobsled coaster that goes through the woods

-A 4D coaster like 'X' (this would be nuts!)

-More shade/trees in Rivertown

don't forget about the biggest area of undeveloped land that would be the easiest to tear out and put rides in--the parking lot. When Disneyland ran out of expansion room, they basically built Cali Adventure in its fomer parking lot and built large parking garages at the edge of property..perhaps in the next 10-15 years KI will eventually go this route..of course, they wouldn't be able to take advantage of the nice terrain as it exists back by DB/Beast, but I guess that's a concession that will be discussed when and if the time comes.

don't forget about the biggest area of undeveloped land that would be the easiest to tear out and put rides in--the parking lot.

True-but I'd hope they'd preserve the main entrance. The feeling of walking onto IS 1st thing in the morning is always the best...as much now as when I was a kid

-A 4D coaster like 'X' (this would be nuts!)

...or something like this? ;)

Frantic.jpg

Man-that looks intense. I'd think I'd have to start out with a standard 4D before getting on one of those things!

Looks like something that Laura Croft would be fighting. A good back to back ride would be to ride this and then head over to Tomb Ra... Opps! Wait a minute!

I think a ride like Skyhawk at Cp would be a good addition.

A ferris wheel would be ok. I know a lot of people want one to come to KI, but I think the Tower makes up for it.

A Power Tower like ride would also be good, minus the drop side.

An Intamin launch coaster or Mega-lite would do good. Much like iSpeed:

Something like Dollywood's Mystery Mine wouldn't be bad...

Kings Island was going to have Mystery Mine when it was known as Addams Family Shriek House but Paramount Parks could not obtain the rights to the addams family characters so they sold the concept to dollywood.

I don't know I'm sure million different things could go in that space.

^^

Uh, no. If Paramount could not get the rights, how could they sell a concept they had no rights to? And Paramount didn't design the coaster...the coaster company did.

Put another way, Paramount sold nothing to Herschend in connection with Mystery Mine. Nothing at all. How does this stuff get started?

My head hurts.

Another thing I would like to see changed at KI...

Turn off the lights for FoF. I loved it when it was in the dark, particularly with the mist/fog. Having an indoor coaster is kind of pointless if you can see where you're going.

A ferris wheel would be ok. I know a lot of people want one to come to KI, but I think the Tower makes up for it.

I agree you already have a good (Elevator Ride) alternative to accomplish the same thing. This makes a Ferris wheel with it's what, 400 guests per hour capacity taking up much needed real estate for a trilling ride.

Apparently there was a Ferris Wheel in the Oktoberfest area at one time. Not sure when it was removed or for what reason.

An Intamin Giant Wheel would be a nice addition to the park. It has enclosed, air-conditioned gondolas with room for 6 people and excellent capacity (theoretical hourly capacity of 1250 for the 78m (256ft) model according to Intamin). Just get rid of Euro Bungy and you have a great spot to put something like that.

After going to the park for the first time this year - couple things struck me. Rivertown looks significantly better and nicer than the other parts of the park. KI needs to continue to upgrade/beautify the remaining areas of the park. If they concentrate on one area each year - they will get there soon enough.

I was also struck by the lack of water features there. It's not like this is the desert SW. A few ponds/lakes/streams would greatly enhance the park's appearance.

Someone suggested theming or something to spice up the train ride. I agree completely. My kids would love it, and it would seem to me that you could get a lot of bang for not too many bucks.

Finally, could they do something with the area around Firehawk? I have yet to ride this attraction, but viewing it from The Racer and other locations, I cannot help but think they really dropped the ball with this ride. If they had somehow incorporated some ponds, trees or other landscaping, they could really have turned this ride into a home run. It's current site is somewhat of an eyesore and has no character. Just my opinion, of course.

I feel the same way but consider the circumstances under which KI got the ride. CF closed Geauga Lake and basically sold and divided up it's assessets between their other parks (I'm being very general). So I guess I feel lucky that KI even has Firehawk.

CF does seem to me to be making an effort to improve their theming and overall appearance of their parks. Personally, I think they are doing great for a seasonal park. All those amazing rides that can only generate revenue for several months a year!

Only a person who doesn't like or get Ferris Wheels could think an elevator ride is a reasonable substitute. It is not.

Terpy, I said it was an alternative meaning for the view, not a substitute for the ride. Sorry if I communicated that wrong, but I love a wheel that is lit up nicely at night.

It is not that I don't like them or not get them, but I probably think of KI (or any theme park) differently than most locals to a park. I have to drive 2 hours to get to KI one way. For me to spend the day at KI and come back home is 4 hours of driving (which I do a lot.) I want rides that thrill me and excite me, not something that I can ride at a carnival or county fair. I hope that makes sense?

I haven't read all of this topic, and some of the things I would like to see have already been said, but here goes...

1. If you must give away basketballs as prizes, give them out deflated. I get so tired of people walking around the park bouncing those things and nearly getting mowed over by guests chasing after runaway basketballs.

2. Add a Wild Mouse coaster in the Coney Mall area.

3. Better enforcement of smoking restrictions. Also yell at people who feel the need to hang all over their significant other in line.

4. Offer park maps in more spots throughout the park so we don't have to walk all the way to the front entrance to get them.

5. Don't play modernized folk songs on the train. Last time I rode the train, we were treated to "Cotton Eye Joe" by Rednex and "Ghost Riders In The Sky" by the Outlaws. While I like both songs (particularly the Rednex version of "Cotton Eye Joe"), the music just isn't fitting for an old-fashioned-style train ride through a fake old-west town. It was much more enjoyable when they played bluegrass music.

I definately agree with #1, but #3-#5 I have some comments to..

For the smoking enforcement, the associates have been trying to enforce it to the best of their abilities. and if you're uncomfortable with someone's behavior in line, you can always let an associate know. :)

For park maps, they are usually in every merchandise location and I think some food locations as well. Few rides have park maps, but I know the Train has quite a few of them this year.

For the songs on the train, I personally am not a fan of Cotton Eye Joe or I Want You to Want Me, but the great thing is it does add some more enjoyment to the Train (especially for the little Kids) and fills in the silence in between the conductor's speils. You have to remember that most of the people that ride the Train before (and after) Boomerang Bay is open and Haunt Season's start are either people who are die-hard Train and Railroad fans and people that want to relax and or see more of Diamondback. My personal request would be to add something like Rawhide! I really enjoy the music on the Train and hope they'll add more to it!

My biggest request is repainting rides that really need it and give the Train a Jail again. ;) Oh yeah~ and bring back the sectionalized music, i'm tired of feeling like i'm walking down International Street all the time!

I don't remember hearing "I Want You To Want Me" on the train...

I don't have a problem at all with them playing music on the train. My complaint is the particular songs they chose - "Cotton Eye Joe", while fun, just doesn't seem to fit the atmosphere. I'd much rather hear classic country tunes, bluegrass and maybe even a few more cowboy tunes...

I agree with getting rid of the bees..I know it would probably be impossible but...my 7 year old is terrified of bees to the point that it ruins part of his day if he has to wait in a line where they exist...

I have tried everything to calm his anxiety...but no luck yet (any ideas??!?!)

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...