What ride @ KI is most missed?

CedarPointGuyfrmCincy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy threads such as these as it allows me to reminisce some. I was 7 when KI opened in 1972 and went there every year at least once from that time up until I graduated HS in '83. From 83-93, I probably went to KI a total of 3-5 times. I do remember riding The Bat, King Cobra and Vortex, but each only 1 or 2 times. For that reason, I cannot really remember either KC or The Bat well enough to say they are the rides I miss most. From 94-2006, I did not go to KI at all - mostly because I no longer lived in the area. In the middle of 2007, we moved back to Cincinnati. Now, I have kids, so they definately wanted to go.

We went once in 2007, 2x in 2008, and now have season passes for 2009. While it is still a fun park, I believe it caters a bit more to older kids now. Perhaps not, but I know there a few rides my kids would have loved that are no longer there. Their current ages are 7 and 5.

My kids love to 'drive' anything, so I know they would have loved the Antique Cars or even the Marathon Cars. They certainly loved the Tomorrow Land Speedway at Magic Kingdom. They also certainly would love a ride like Enchanted Voyage - something that allows their imagination to run wild. They also would have enjoyed the Sky Ride, as they like to be able to see everything down below. Finally, I think they would have gotten a kick out of rides like the Rotor, Tumble Bug, and the Bayern Curve.

I remember being scared to go down the big hill at the end of the old log flume and telling my dad to that I was scared. He told me he would tell the guy at the top of the hill to stop it and so did everyone else in the log. They just waved at him and I was terrified but it was one of my most memorable moments on a long gone ride!

• 3 weeks later...

Flying Eagle :angry:

I have been getting a few rides on Phantom Flyers at Carowinds last two years. I rode it around 30 times. They actually encourage you to "rip" them since they are harder to do so than Flying Eagle. I believe they changed the motor when they moved it down to Carowinds.

Most missed ride for me. I have a few.

Flying Eagles

Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal

King Cobra

and Zodiac which I find very unnerving to this day

Also I found a great nostalgic video of KI on youtube, great footage of The Bat and other rides. Still shocked they thought it would be ok not to bank the turns. My how times have changed

Most missed ride for me. I have a few.

Flying Eagles

Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal

King Cobra

and Zodiac which I find very unnerving to this day

Also I found a great nostalgic video of KI on youtube, great footage of The Bat and other rides. Still shocked they thought it would be ok not to bank the turns. My how times have changed

i read somewhere that they did bank the turns (or some of them) at one point but it still didn't work out to well. i have no idea if thats true or not...so if not its just what i heard...figured here would be the place to find out

yeah ive seen the video (and watched it again) i just heard that like not long before it was closed they tried banking some turns and it still just didn't work out for whatever reason...i'll see if i can find where i read that again to make sure i didn't read something wrong (or it may have been something like wikipedia where someone was just making something up to sound smart)