What ride @ KI is most missed?

CedarPointGuyfrmCincy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^But at least you can still ride very similar versions of KC at CW and Carowinds! And after riding both last summer I can tell you the Togo stand-up's are quite comfy'er than the B&M stand-up's IMO...

Ummm, I am sure you mean the similar versions of King Cobra at Canada's Wonderland and Kings Dominion. The stand up thing at Carowinds is an early B and M and is neither comfy nor amazing.

^^Ummm....because snapping the Eagles can get you wicked air unlike that of a coaster!! Of course, snapping is not allowed most places, and I want to claim KI's weren't that good for snapping anyway. Now, the eagles at the Fun Spot in Indiana?? Holy crap! :o

Flyer aficionados from Knoebel's Amusement Resort, who claim the ones there are the world's best (not surprisingly, I do not agree) will tell you that Kings Island's were too easy to snap, and that any half trained novice could do so with ease.

I waited 2 3/4 hours for King Cobra its first year, and thought it was totally worth it. That would be what I miss the most. But now that I have kids, I wish the giant slide were still there, as that was truly fun for all ages.

Although my worst experience last year was taking my son on The Crypt (he was now tall enough for it) and then having to explain that wasn't the ride it used to be. Tough to explain those jets of water which are now just a cement floor.

Ah yes Scooby. You guys over at KI got it all. I mean Nick Universe! In "Nickelodeon Central" over here, we only have 1 actual ride. I mean seriously! I really hope we all get Snoopy next year and they take out Nick & Kidzville and make it all one big area. As for Scooby, he rocks! I know I've heard a lot of commotion over the Phantom Theater, but you've got the Haunted CASTLE. We've got the HAUNTED MANSION. Ours is a chain, yours is individual.

And some of us much, much prefer the Kings Dominion version. Carowinds has a unique one, as well, built into the existing faclity. Unique does not necessarily mean grand. It can, it may not. Hypersonic XLC was unique. Volcano: The Blast Coaster is unique. For North America, even Avalanche is unique. So is Grizzly. And so is Son of Beast. Unique means just that, it does not mean superb, though it can.

hmmm i think the ones i miss most are the ones i rode but dont remember anything more than that fact. Flight Commander i suppose [minus the um...thing that happened] and the smurfs but the MOST missed is Phantom Theatre (LONG LIVE MAESTRO [er...you know what i mean]) and aye, the eagles. cant beat the classics....ok and the antique cars. im running out of things to take grandma on....

though technically not a ride, it is part of one...BRING BACK OUR CAROUSEL ORGAN!!!!!!! (seeing the one in santa cruz made me cry)

And some of us much, much prefer the Kings Dominion version. Carowinds has a unique one, as well, built into the existing faclity. Unique does not necessarily mean grand. It can, it may not. Hypersonic XLC was unique. Volcano: The Blast Coaster is unique. For North America, even Avalanche is unique. So is Grizzly. And so is Son of Beast. Unique means just that, it does not mean superb, though it can.

Actually, I am one of the few KD fans who misses Hypersonic. It is trashed horribly over at KDFansite. Now Avalanche is fun, I love that thinf.

PS: Dominator is also unique :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

the ride i miss the most is Skylab, but what i must say i miss the most is the pond that was under and around The Beast. I remember leaving the station house and making the turn for the first lift hill and thinking to myself, "wow that must be some big piece of concrete that these support cables are hooked too, I wonder how deep that goes down?" Now there is no mystery. Also does anyone remember when they used to have an actual concession stand in the line queue for The Beast?