Employee Question

AZ Kinda Guy

Now with the stories us employees have been telling you guys, it makes it seem that nobody who comes through that front gate is polite. If you have that thought, then we have mislead you big time. Believe it or not, guests do have the power to brighten a ride ops spirits. It has happened to me several times and one experience really sticks out in my mind...

Congo Falls was temporarily out of service and there was a family waiting it out in the station. Well, I go over to talk to them and I start asking the little girl who was with them if she has met any of the characters, if she has had a good day, ETC. Well, we started playing hide and go seek on the load side of the station and I would hide behind a pole and she would try to find me. Well before you know it, it was closing time and Congo Falls was not going to be reopening. I said my goodbyes and before they left, her mother wanted a picture of her and I together. After that, she left and I haven't seen her since...

Even though I will probably never see her again, I will always remember how happy I made her and how happy she made me. There is nothing better for a ride op then to see a child smile and then realize that they, the ride op, made that smile happen... :D

There was one time I was working Top Gun and was sent to Reptar while it was raining really bad. Well, after taking a nice walk in the train, and realizing that I wasnt able to train until after the rain, I saw this little girl. I went over and started playing I spy and games like that. After the rain stopped, a hour later,the family thanked us and gave us all compliments at the front desk. She even remembered to name us by name so I even got good marks for that day.

I have to say this, when rides break down, the ride ops are usually nice enough to talk to you, and will carry on a normal conversation with you, about anything and everything, especially about PKI itself. Other than that, my next fondest memory of PKi was this past summer. I was standing in line with my girlfriend for Vortex when it suddenly broke down. A bunch of people got out of line, but we stayed. These guys behind us were nuts, and started singing a bunch of songs. When they ran out of songs, they started taking requests. Before we knew it, someone would yell out a song, and everyone int he station was singing it. The upper management members of the park, as well as Fire & Rescue showed up eventually, and thought we all were nuts. They just kinda looked at everyone with a grin and laughed. Soon the ride was back underway. That is my fondest memory of PKI.

That reminds me of a funny story. Back five years ago when I first started working at KI, I worked at Oscars the employee cafeteria. One day some Top Gun workers came in. (Back then they had the Top Gun jump suits) Someone started singing the song in the movie, I don't know the name of it. Soon after just about everyone in the place was singing along.

Those are some of my happiest times. When bad wheather happens it makes it fun, in HB flat rides when it rains i always talk to anyone who will listen. I always see people without umbrellas and i invite them to stand under the umbrella and chat for a while. I makes it fun for the guests when they can't have fun.

Hey beastfreak, there are a couple of songs in Top Gun; The one is you've lost that lovin' feelin' by the righteous brothers and the one they play at the beginning of the movie is danger Zone by kenny Loggins. Top Gun is my #1 favorite movie of all time.

Sparky, don't you remember that family that came for a weekend or something. And they wanted to ride Drop Zone and it stormed out or something and they we're going to close the park early I believe and they had like two young kids I think. So me, you, and Dawn decided to give them the tickets we had so they could come back. I can't remember all of it, but they were pretty happy and we felt pretty good. That was a good one too!

closing at congo was always the best. sparky u remember that night when the guests wouldnt sit down even if u paid them? and then i took the height stick and pointed up at the sign above the water and made them repeat every single word of that sign. that was the best, cause it was a full boat of people actually doing it!!! haha