Official Details on Kings Island's Ride Warriors Weekend! (ERT Info Released!)

BoddaH1994

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.... I know some one will jump my back and say this has already been talked about but here goes.... I got looking on KI web page it says you must be a user of KICentral before Feb. 1st. I joined Jan 28th and have loved this since. But, can you bring a guest. My hubby is not a user and I don't want to go by myself. Are they going to make it to where you can bring some one is what im getting at? Thank you for any help and sorry if this has already been talked about. :):rolleyes:

All attendees for the event MUST be members of the organizations listed on KI`s website. And based on what the KI website says, you must have already registered on this site already to partake in the Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend. I`m sure Ryan will be able to confirm the February 1st deadline.

All attendees for the event MUST be members of the organizations listed on KI`s website. And based on what the KI website says, you must have already registered on this site already to partake in the Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend. I`m sure Ryan will be able to confirm the February 1st deadline.

Well, shoot. I may not go because my husband is not apart of KICentral or any other kind of club. I would have to go by myself and I dont know anyone on here...lol. He loves coasters as much as I do... I was really wishing they would allow at least one guest.

Same situation here. I have a friend I always go to parks with but we've both made some pretty heavy investments recently and $ is tight. I think we're both going to get CF Platinum Passes but I can't see him paying to join one of the other clubs also. Oh well, rules are rules and we'll just have to miss.

I just put my hubby on coaster community. It was easy. I hope that works. Is KICentral the only ones with a deadline when you can join to attend the ride weekend? I just hope this works. Is a pretty neat site. But im a true KICentral fan ;)

We appreciate your support!

There are countless coaster enthusiast events at countless parks and allowing KICentral -- a fan site, not an enthusiast group -- participate is a privileged that is simply unprecedented. The unfortunate risk you run doing something like this is it could quickly become a Gold Pass event -- which it isn't. Ride Warriors Weekend is intended to be for the most loyal and enthusiastic fans and it simply isn't fair to other participants (KIC or otherwise) for 1,000 people to show up by simply registering on this web site, so the line had to be drawn somewhere.

If you registered after Feb 1st or you know anyone who would like to participate, there still is an opportunity by joining one of the other approved organizations:

American Coaster Enthusiasts

Great Ohio Coaster Club

Mid-Atlantic Coaster Club

Florida Coaster Club

Western New York Coaster Club

CoasterBuzz

Coaster Community

Dark Ride and Funhouse Enthusiasts

I just put my hubby on coaster community. It was easy. I hope that works. Is KICentral the only ones with a deadline when you can join to attend the ride weekend? I just hope this works. Is a pretty neat site. But im a true KICentral fan ;)

We appreciate your support!

There are countless coaster enthusiast events at countless parks and allowing KICentral -- a fan site, not an enthusiast group -- participate is a privileged that is simply unprecedented. The unfortunate risk you run doing something like this is it could quickly become a Gold Pass event -- which it isn't. Ride Warriors Weekend is intended to be for the most loyal and enthusiastic fans and it simply isn't fair to other participants (KIC or otherwise) for 1,000 people to show up by simply registering on this web site, so the line had to be drawn somewhere.

This site is amazing. I know I haven't been on here long but Im on here every time I get a chance. I love the PRIVILEGE of being apart of this group. I can't wait till I get to meet some of you! I completely understand about putting a deadline on being able to join. I do believe that a spouse should be able to join the member though ;)

Your best & cheapest bet for getting to attend the event if you did not register by the 1st (or other family members) would be to join the Great Ohio Coaster club. The cost is $20 for individual, $30 for a couple, or $40 for a family. This is in comparison to the ACE prices of $60, $80, or $85. This would also allow Coastermania access at CP in June as well.

Just my 2 cents

http://gocc.coasternewsnetwork.com/join.html

so even if you have a gold pass and a member of KIC you still have to get a ticket? you cant just show up. i know the ticket will be free but i am just wondering since i dont have a pass yet but going to get one soon probably opening day or a day before opening day.

so even if you have a gold pass and a member of KIC you still have to get a ticket? you cant just show up. i know the ticket will be free but i am just wondering since i dont have a pass yet but going to get one soon probably opening day or a day before opening day.

I emailed KIC and they said KIC was invited and they are working on a way to prove we are members of KIC to be able to go. No cost involved.

Yes, all people attending the event will need to register through Kings Island`s website. Upon registering, you will state whether or not you have a season pass or not. Additionally, you will state what group that you are affiliated with. If you do not register on KI`s website, you will NOT be able to attend. The online registration is not yet open, but we will likely announce details when it is available.

And as state above, you MUST be a registered KIC member before February 1st 2009 to partake in the event as a member of KIC. People in interested in attending the event who are not registered with KIC yet, must register with one of the coaster clubs. There are NO guests permitted. Everyone in attendance must be affiliated with one of the organizations listed on Kings Island`s websites.

I emailed KIC and they said KIC was invited and they are working on a way to prove we are members of KIC to be able to go. No cost involved.

Although the event is free, I'd imagine that there will be special meal tickets available for that day. I'd highly recommend that. The food for those things is excellent and a great value.

At this point in time, the event is free to all Gold and Platinum pass holders. There is special pricing on the two day admission tickets for the event, which you must buy if you do not have a Gold or Platinum pass.

At this point in time, there may be a meal ticket offered for a meal, potentially on Saturday. For example, Coastermania! at Cedar Point this year includes a lunch at 2:30 on Saturday. This is included with the admission to the event (free for pass holders). Additionally, Cedar Point is offering a drinks wristband for $6 per person for unlimited soft drinks on both days of the event. While those items are at Cedar Point for Coastermania!, I would expect similar things for Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend at Kings Island. Obviously the pricing and specifics for Kings Island`s event may be different.

I just want to say I think this is going to be an awesome event and I'll probably even come by myself and try to find some of you to hang out with.

I think it's great that they even added KICentral to the list because we're starting to look like an official coaster enthusiast group oourselves. I am not upset at KI or anyone over the deadline just bummed that I overlooked it.