Official Details on Kings Island's Ride Warriors Weekend! (ERT Info Released!)

BoddaH1994

I go to coaster mania every year and I would say maybe around 3,000 to 4,000 people go there.

Geez...I can't even fathom that many people all signed up for one event. The first park event I went to, they seemed thrilled that 300 people showed up.

And not that it matters, because I have already "commited" to go...but I was wondering...with that size of a crowd how many rides can a person expect during an evening's ERT? On the events I am used to, with only 100-200 people it seems like you get about 10 rides....so what does that mean with 3,000-4,000 people?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going solo, but I figured there will be plenty of KIC folks there as well!

I've met GatorHead in person, I can vouch that he is a good man to hang out with. We missed you at Jungle Jim's man, next time make sure to come along.

Thanks! I can definitely say the same about you too. I'll let it slide that you're a Bobcat... sorry, that's just my Miami showing. ;):lol:

I'm glad I've finally started to meet people from here, everyone I've met so far has been great! If you ever see me in the park, make sure to say hi, and I'll do the same if I recognize you!

I'll let it slide that you're a Bobcat... sorry, that's just my Miami showing. ;):lol:

Only a Bobcat till March 20th. ;)

...then I'm a "norse?" :blink: Just like Boddah1994! I'll be transferring to NKU.

Any dumb Ohioan can tell you what a bobcat is, it takes a Kentuckian with full access to Wikipedia to tell you what a Norse is. :rolleyes:

Why does that still make me laugh everytime I hear or say it. It's like the cover to Primus Frizzle Fry (the little dude's head popping out of the other little dude's head, all occuring in a frying pan). I've been laughing at that cover for over 15 years.

I am a long time "lurker" to KI Central with very few posts or replies under my belt...so please bear with me! I would love to come to this event but have a few questions. First, does "being a member" mean that I am a "registered member" (eligible to come to the event) because I have a profile set up that I log into when I post or reply? Second, I do not have any friends or family members that are as enthusiastic about Kings Island as I am (with the exception of my son who is 6..so that won't work!). Do alot of you attend these events by yourselves? This event sounds too exciting to pass up! Hopefully my questions do not sound dumb! Thanks to any and all who can help!

I feel like welcoming you but you've been here awhile so I'll just say that I appreciate you starting to post (that was ockward) :blink:

Check Boddha1994's post halfway down page 8 of this thread. You can trust his info!

I know of many members from this group who are attending and I Imagine we will have some sort of meet up. If you go alone I'm sure you could plan to meet up with some from this group.

weluvki, since you were a KIC "member" before 2/1/09 (8/25/08 to be exact), you qualify. There are plenty of us going solo, and as the time nears there will probably be some semi-organized meet-up. Keep watching this site as we get closer! (and I'm confused about the protocol for welcoming you, too. Oh well... Welcome to the site!) :lol:

True, on Saturday of RWW there are the music festivals (Music in the Parks, Trills & Thrills and Music Showcase Festival) going on, which will bring more people into the park that day. But with the ERT and other events, in my mind it's still worth going that day. But note that on Sunday, RWW is the only special event listed (so far).

I attended my first coaster event last year, CM @ CP and had a blast. Im hopeing I can make it to this one, I just dont know if I can get this weekend (and the following Saturday for CP's opening) off. If push comes to shove, CP is going to come first because my sister is coming down.

True, on Saturday of RWW there are the music festivals (Music in the Parks, Trills & Thrills and Music Showcase Festival) going on, which will bring more people into the park that day. But with the ERT and other events, in my mind it's still worth going that day. But note that on Sunday, RWW is the only special event listed (so far).

And, if past years are any indication, will have a Bring Mom (or someone or sumthin) for $9.99 special, or something like that. Still, the park will probably not be all that busy that Sunday...it usually is not on Mother's Day.

That's exactly why I put the "so far" at the end of my post. ;)

From the Diamondback blog today:

For those of you interested in participating in Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend May 9-10 at Kings Island, details will be announced in a matter of days. Admission to the two-day event is free for Kings Island Gold and Cedar Fair Platinum season passholders belonging to one of the Kings Island-approved coaster clubs/organizations. Tickets are $47.99 for non-season passholders that are members of one of the approved clubs/organizations.