Official Details on Kings Island's Ride Warriors Weekend! (ERT Info Released!)

BoddaH1994

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rcfreak339

Well, right now this event is iffy for me....My mom teases me with links in emails and tells me how cool it would be to go, then once the information comes out she doesn't even want to look at it...Which really ticks me off, Why tease me about? Just say no and I'll be fine. But to tease me about going then saying "No" without even looking at it is so dumb, and really makes me angry. And by the time she gets around to looking at it, the event will most likely be sold out....How long do you think before this event sells out?

So, what time will Diamondback open on Saturday/Sunday? Does Season Pass ERT still happen (9 on Saturday, 9:30 on Sunday)?

I guess you'd have to assume that Diamondback will open early on Saturday and Sunday--just like it's supposed to every Saturday and Sunday of the season. So I guess technically, if you have a Gold/Platinum Pass, you will get an ERT for Diamondback Saturday and Sunday morning whether you are a part of RWW or not.

So, what time will Diamondback open on Saturday/Sunday? Does Season Pass ERT still happen (9 on Saturday, 9:30 on Sunday)?

I guess you'd have to assume that Diamondback will open early on Saturday and Sunday--just like it's supposed to every Saturday and Sunday of the season. So I guess technically, if you have a Gold/Platinum Pass, you will get an ERT for Diamondback Saturday and Sunday morning whether you are a part of RWW or not.

Incorrect. If you choose to participate in the morning ERTs for Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend you can NOT also do the Diamondback Gold Pass Early Access. You must choose one or the other.

Incorrect. If you choose to participate in the morning ERTs for Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend you can NOT also do the Diamondback Gold Pass Early Access. You must choose one or the other.

Ok, great. Good to know! So, there will be an ERT for Diamondback--just not for those participating in RWW. I suppose that does make sense, at least there will be an ERT (or rather LRT*) for Diamondback both nights!

*Yes, I know the E technically stands for Exclusive, not early.

Why would you want to anyways we get from 10:30 PM to 1 AM without the rest of the season pass holders to ride.

My son and I are trying to decide if it's worth the 4 hour drive (down on Friday afternoon) in that we have to return home Saturday night (Mother's Day for my mom and my wife). I love The Beast and Backlot is fine, but I really don't enjoy Vortex. If we can't do RWW and Gold Pass ERT on Diamondback, I'm begining to think it's not worth it for us. (We were just there for opening day as Diamondback auction winners.)

There will be many who cannot or will not attend on Sunday. It would be nice if the park could release more of the schedule as to what events will occur which day. An ERT schedule is nice and all, but ride times alone do not a two day event make. What other activities are expected on which of the two days?

Terpy, who speaks not for himself but for untold legions of others in this regard

There will be many who cannot or will not attend on Sunday. It would be nice if the park could release more of the schedule as to what events will occur which day. An ERT schedule is nice and all, but ride times alone do not a two day event make. What other activities are expected on which of the two days?

Terpy, who speaks not for himself but for untold legions of others in this regard

From the site:

Inaugural two-day roller coaster enthusiast event includes a combined 14.5 hours of exclusive ride time; unlimited drink wristbands; behind-the-scenes tours of The Beast (Saturday) and The Racer and Son of Beast (Sunday); all-you-can-eat meal deals; Kings Island photo contest; special guest presenters including Tom Rebbie of the Philadelphia Toboggan Company and other fun-filled activities.

Inaugural two-day roller coaster enthusiast event includes a combined 14.5 hours of exclusive ride time; unlimited drink wristbands; behind-the-scenes tours of The Beast (Saturday) and The Racer and Son of Beast (Sunday); all-you-can-eat meal deals; Kings Island photo contest; special guest presenters including Tom Rebbie of the Philadelphia Toboggan Company and other fun-filled activities.

So does this mean we need to purchase the $10 backyard bbq ticket too?

From the site:

I, along with many others, am well able to read, thank you. And have seen that. And many have noted they cannot go Mother's Day, and cannot spend but several hours at the park. When, for example, is Tom going to be there? Saturday? Sunday? It matters. And not to just a few. Yes, the rides are great, but Cedar Point, for example, issues a rather detailed schedule before Coastermania. They do not just say there will be "other fun-filled activities." There are people, some of them friends of mine, planning on attending part of this, from places as far flung as California and Hawaii. Many have to work Monday and cannot get off. Others have mothers they intend to honor on Sunday, perhaps for either the honoree's or the honorer's last Mother's Day (we never know). A bit more information would be nice.

Yet another example of how more information EARLY would be nice. I strongly suspect the answer is yes, but this is not clearly stated in the information released so far. Many probably incorrectly assume that the meals are included, which they almost certainly are not.

Probably, as Terpy said. That is a list of events that will be ocurring during RWW. It says there will be meal deals, thus making it sound like there will be meal deals available.

Edit: Another reason they would make you pay is if you have a pass, then you get in for free, and it would cost too many nickels to give that many people free food.