Official Details on Kings Island's Ride Warriors Weekend! (ERT Info Released!)

BoddaH1994

Your best & cheapest bet for getting to attend the event if you did not register by the 1st (or other family members) would be to join the Great Ohio Coaster club. The cost is $20 for individual, $30 for a couple, or $40 for a family. This is in comparison to the ACE prices of $60, $80, or $85. This would also allow Coastermania access at CP in June as well.

Just my 2 cents

http://gocc.coasternewsnetwork.com/join.html

Somehow I missed this post. THANKS!!!!!!!! I think you just solved my problem

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad I could help.

Having attending many Coastermania's at Cedar Point, I can only imagine that this will be a very good event. It sounds as though it will be along the same lines!

To get an idea what may be in store for Ride Warriors check out, who knows though it could be completly different....

http://coastermania.cedarpoint.com

This discussion did not start until Jan 30th, and from page 1 it did not say anything about a deadline. I joined Feb 2nd and no one said anything about this when I questioned about my son under 13 joining. Lack of information on this site has cost us a great time, I can not even go because deadline :angry: was up before it even started. :angry:

This discussion did not start until Jan 30th, and from page 1 it did not say anything about a deadline. I joined Feb 2nd and no one said anything about this when I questioned about my son under 13 joining. Lack of information on this site has cost us a great time, I can not even go because deadline :angry: was up before it even started. :angry:

You can still go just have to join ACE or other clubs invited. I barely made it in time. I actually joind to go to the Winter Blues party myself, but once I got in and stared researching I had missed ticket sales and everything. Was not meant to be I guess.

Us loners have to stick together!

Thats ironic, loners stick together??? LOL im just giving you crap girl! We are thinking of getting my husband a season pass. I mean we will visit KI more than once, so it will pay for it's self. I want to make it up to CP this year to. I have said I want to go there for the past 4 years... this is my year..lol If he does get to come I still would like to get a group together and meet up.

;)

What sucks is my family is coming into town that weekend, but I think I'll still hit up some of the ERT and (hopefully) tours.

I think the point of the deadline was to make sure people didn't join this site just to get into the event. It is supposed to be an exclusive event for true enthusiasts. If you are a true enthusiast then just join one of the organizations shown on that page. My wife isn't registered here, so I think we'll join ACE, I've always wanted an excuse to.

I personally think it is very cool that they allowed KICentral at all, it is really above and beyond and you shouldn't complain about it.

Your best & cheapest bet for getting to attend the event if you did not register by the 1st (or other family members) would be to join the Great Ohio Coaster club. The cost is $20 for individual, $30 for a couple, or $40 for a family. This is in comparison to the ACE prices of $60, $80, or $85. This would also allow Coastermania access at CP in June as well.

Just my 2 cents

http://gocc.coasternewsnetwork.com/join.html

Somehow I missed this post. THANKS!!!!!!!! I think you just solved my problem

I don't know all the clubs out there - we became addicted 'enthusiasts' last year. We ended up joining CoasterBuzz, it is $20 for the first member in a family, then $5 for each after. They are valid for RWWeekend, Coastermania, Holiwood Nights, and had the BooBuzz event at CP which was pretty nice last year (I got 9 rides during ERT on Maverick - and it ended up being the busiest day of the year). I am hoping to join ACE this year.

What sucks is my family is coming into town that weekend, but I think I'll still hit up some of the ERT and (hopefully) tours.

I think the point of the deadline was to make sure people didn't join this site just to get into the event. It is supposed to be an exclusive event for true enthusiasts. If you are a true enthusiast then just join one of the organizations shown on that page. My wife isn't registered here, so I think we'll join ACE, I've always wanted an excuse to.

I personally think it is very cool that they allowed KICentral at all, it is really above and beyond and you shouldn't complain about it.

That's exactly it -- this event is for the enthusiasts. By allowing KIC to attend, they run a serious risk of it just becoming a season pass event... which it's not. By joining ACE or any other organization, you get to network with some very interesting and enthusiastic people. Looks like this is a great opportunity for you to do so! Check out their website at ACEonline.org.

BooBuzz event at CP which was pretty nice last year (I got 9 rides during ERT on Maverick - and it ended up being the busiest day of the year).

October 11, perhaps? I remember you said in my PTR that you saw me on the train in the MF station sometime that weekend.

The lines that day were downright ridiculous.. Milly's line was out of the queue almost to the lockers, TTD's line was out of the queue past the grandstand, and Maverick's line was wrapped around the queue and backed up to Chick-Fil-A. I wasn't sure I was going to make it out of CP alive. :lol:

New Info

If you are a member of one of the Kings Island-approved coaster clubs and want to bring a guest to Ride Warriors Weekend May 9-10 at Kings Island, you would be able to bring one (1) guest but an admission ticket to the two-day event coaster-riding extravaganza must be purchased for your guest at the time of registration ($47.99 adult, $31.99 Junior/Senior).

This event gets better everyday. That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if your guest is a CF Platinum Pass holder?

To clarify:

This event is free for members of the approved clubs who have season passes. If you bring a guest, whether they have a season pass or not, they must pay the admission fee.

New Info

If you are a member of one of the Kings Island-approved coaster clubs and want to bring a guest to Ride Warriors Weekend May 9-10 at Kings Island, you would be able to bring one (1) guest but an admission ticket to the two-day event coaster-riding extravaganza must be purchased for your guest at the time of registration ($47.99 adult, $31.99 Junior/Senior).

I have finally figured it out but this was a bit confusing to me.. KI website doesnt help..LOL first they say..

Tickets for the two-day coaster-riding extravaganza are $47.99 Adult and $31.99 Junior/Senior. Admission to the event is FREE for 2009 Kings Island Gold and Cedar Fair Platinum passholders.

Than they say....

You must be a registered member of a Kings Island-approved roller coaster club or amusement/theme park enthusiast organization to attend Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend! Following are the approved, official roller coaster clubs and enthusiast organizations:

So let me say this for myself.... Since I am a member of this group ( before feb. 1st) I can bring one guest and pay full ticket price for the event. But If your guest has a season pass and they are not a member of any of the groups listed they still have to pay the event price, even though they have the season pass????

am I right. Just trying to clarify.

I am happy that you can now bring a guest. I know there were several people that were not going to attend because they couldn't even get there spouses in. Im glad someone has changed there minds! yay!

Yes, you are correct. If you are a member of one of the listed organizations and have a gold or platinum season pass, you can attend Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend for free. You MAY bring one guest with you. However, that guest will have to pay the admission price, regardless of whether or not they have a gold or platinum pass. Does that help clarify it? The park does not want this to become a season pass free for all where there would be thousands of visitors. That would ruin the experience and greatly diminish the quality of the exclusive ride times.

^^Which was why I was hoping KIC would be charging for memberships, BUT the signup deadline worked as well...

well im glad they don't. Some of us cant afford membership fees and event prices. I am a roller coaster junky threw and threw but I cant afford alot these days and KIC let's me be involved with other coaster lovers with out fees!!

THANK YOU KIC!!!

Guest rcfreak339
Awwww man i just checked my baseball schedule and we have a game on the 9th so it looks like o ride warrior weekend for Jasper. :(

The reason I can't commit is because my brother may have a select soccer game that weekend, but I'm hoping he has a Cincinnati Tournament that weekend. :P