Official Details on Kings Island's Ride Warriors Weekend! (ERT Info Released!)

BoddaH1994

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, all. 777 here once again. I've read every post for this topic and this sounds like it's really going to be fun. I figure it's maybe not necessarily be a "once in a lifetime" opprotunity, but it's something that's pretty darn close to it. And it's not like it's going to cost me anything to go especially since I've been a member here for over five years and since I have a gold pass. My brother's registered here too and has a gold pass for the first time this season. We're planning on going opening day so we'll be getting our passes processed hopefully sometime before that. That's something that people are really going to have to remember if they have a gold pass, even though it's been mentioned--you HAVE to have your pass processed before May 9 in order to participate. Now, I'm guessing that you could still get by with processing your pass on May 9 but you'd miss out on some of the early events. So the best bet is to get it done before opening day if at all possible. The "problem" I forsee here (with a little bit of experience in this type of thing) is people showing up without having their pass processed yet, perhaps they're wanting to make this their first trip of the season. Get it all together before May 9--that's the bottom line!

I'm really excited for the full schedule to be released. I'm not sure what the hold up is and I don't care--I'm sure it's all being done to make the event the best it could possibly be. One of the things that I'll be most interested to see is how the food situation is going to be handled which I know has been discussed a little bit already. At first I was thinking that it would be nice if the Backyard BBQ was included at least one of the days but then when I started looking at some of the numbers that some are projecting, that would probably be a little much. I'm loving at least the idea of the discounted drink wristbands, though. That would certainly be worth it. I'm also definitely excited about an ERT on Diamondback. If I go opening day, I don't think I'll want to stand in line to ride it if I can walk on to it a few weeks later.

This will be my very first event of this type so I have a little added excitement about it. I've met very few of you here face to face and when I did I either didn't know who you were or you didn't know who I was. :lol: So it will certainly be pretty cool to put some faces to names. I like the idea, as mentioned, of having a KICentral only gathering within this larger RW gathering so if that pans out it would certainly be an added bonus.

And Ryan you deserve a lot of credit for all the questions and your patience through all of the questions about this. It reminded me of when I worked in the Admissions dept at the former PKI.

I'll see you guys in May! (And some of you opening day.)

I'm not sure if I'd call it a "hold up" with information. They said it would be out in late March/early April. Planning an event of this magnitude certainly takes a lot of time and I'm sure they want to work out the details and logistics before they unleash the full schedule of events for all of you.

I'm not sure if I'd call it a "hold up" with information. They said it would be out in late March/early April. Planning an event of this magnitude certainly takes a lot of time and I'm sure they want to work out the details and logistics before they unleash the full schedule of events for all of you.

I'm not quite sure I'd call it that either, even though I did..LOL. All I meant was that people are getting antsy but I'm actually not one of them. I actually commend(ed) them for taking as much time as needed to prepare for such a huge event. I never saw a timetable of when exactly it would all be announced and the only thing, besides for what you just said, that I saw said late March. So, regardless of when it's all going to be announced, I think we can both agree that it will be, in a word, soon.

I for one am willing to wait for them to work out all the details. I'm more a fan of this than having something announced, and then being disappointed when it's gone or changes. (See the first week in September on the calendar and season passholder preview day - though I have let it go, but just can't forget about it.)

id like to know how an employee ID might count as a pass here? lol and how we go about proving our memberness here? or what...lol are sign ups out yeeeeet? i missed all the events last year -_- i had to work (its so much worse when people are there all day unintentionally rubbing it in your face that you couldnt join them lol)

Well, things take time. But things will be finalized soon. They have to be since May 9th and 10th is just over a month away from now.

I understand that, but what is the point in making an announcement stating that we would know in a matter of days if no announement was imminent? Sounds like a cruel joke to me!

Because they likely intended to make the announcement in a couple of days. But when planning a two day event of this size, unexpected problems can arise during the planning stage. The time to resolve these unexpected problems could not be immediately clear. When the blog entry was created, Don could not have foreseen the unexpected delay. Rest assured that the information will be disseminated on here when the official details are released.

From KI`s website:

You must be a registered member of a Kings Island-approved roller coaster club or amusement/theme park enthusiast organization to attend Ride Warriors Coaster Weekend!

You may, however, bring a guest, but that guest who is not a member of an approved coaster organization MUST pay FULL PRICE for Ride Warrior Coaster Weekend, even if they have a season pass. If she had an ACE membership, she could get in free. She would have to show her ACE card. And when I was a member of ACE several years back, it took them a long time to get me my membership card when I renewed, so if she is going to join ACE, I would do so sooner rather than later! Things might have changed since I was last a member back in 2007.

I hope that helps answer your question.

No, it is NOT. Pre-registration WILL be required.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=268871

So it is safe to assume that since I am a member here (joined August 2008), an ACE member, and a 2009 platinum passholder, that I'm good to go?

Yes, but it is my understanding that once the event is officially announced, you will still have to pre-register. The park wants to know how many people to prepare for, and admitting people otherwise qualified to get in on the morning of the event would make that quite impossible.

Why do I start to get the sneaking suspicion that this event is not going to happen. It just seems like its preview day all over again. Vague promises and as the event draws near, silence until the word is reluctantly passed down it wont be happening...

I hope Im wrong, but its not like CF is not used to hosting events, and it seems weird that now that we are one month out from the event no other information has been passed down.