Same Ride, Different Ride Experiences?

gad198

Have you ever gotten off of a ride that you've ridden more than once and have different ride experiences each time?

The first time I rode El Toro (in the back) and had a less than memorable ride on it. The second time around (in the front) three hours later and I had one of my best coaster rides ever! Who knew?

Anyway, this is your chance to list your personal Jekyll and Hyde coasters, so don't be shy!

Top Thrill Dragster. My first ride on TTD was in the front seat of the train and the ride felt like a religious experience. However, subsequent times that I have ridden in the "lower" seats in the train the ride wasn't as thrilling as I remembered. Looking down that stretch of track and looking directly into the heart of the roll unobstructed is just amazing.

Have you ever gotten off of a ride that you've ridden more than once and have different ride experiences each time?

The first time I rode El Toro (in the back) and had a less than memorable ride on it. The second time around (in the front) three hours later and I had one of my best coaster rides ever! Who knew?

Anyway, this is your chance to list your personal Jekyll and Hyde coasters, so don't be shy!

You do know wood coasters warm up, right?

Also, it used to be train B on Toro had different wheels than A...Terpy can confirm this, but I've always found B to be much faster. Also, without question no ride is more dependent on restraint "stapling" than Toro...a tighter restraint makes for a less enjoyable ride.

Bottom line, a billion factors can go into how a particular coaster ride will be.

I rode in the very front on Wicked Twister. I didn't see what was so great about it. Then I rode in the very back, and I have been hooked ever since.. on the backward launches, you are pretty much 209 feet in the air looking straight down. And if you sit in the second to last seat on the right, you get a completely unobstructed view when looking straight down. It's enough to make me yell not-so-nice words. :lol:

Maverick. Put Terpy in the front row and hear him tell all who will listen how it is his favorite steel coaster in all the world. Put him in any other row and please wake him up at the conclusion of the ride.

Even Vortex. Car Five, Row One...a wonderful, ecstatically happy experience for the Terpster...so sad he listened to all those who wanted to plant him in car seven, row one for oh, so many years.

Rolling Thunder...front row of front car, deliriously happy Terpy. Put old Terp in a wheel seat (row three), and listen to grouchy Terpy, probably for the rest of the day.

By far the most drastic difference is on The Georgia Cyclone. The front seat is a smooth, mellow jaunt through a beautiful structure. The back seat of the back car, right side is a supremely violent cascade of a ride!

And finally, if you read this far, you deserve this one:

Ninja at Six Flags Over Georgia...the bench in front of the ride has great views and is a nice place to sit. Put Terpy in any seat on the train, however....

also the train that you ride in can be diffrent, placement of your seat, and beilieve it or not, Left or right side (or middle if you are in Universal LOL, I mean cause all the costers have 4 seats, no two seaters...correct me if Im wrong)

Okay, I'll correct you:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig703.htm?picture=4

http://www.rcdb.com/ig559.htm?picture=3

Same ride, different experience...hmm

Well the other night I rode SOB in my dream. I gotta say it was a much smoother experience (and even in the dream I noted that these new trains made a world of difference.) In real life however, it is a little different, but I can still enjoy it.

I had a Zen ride on Vortex on opening day, 2006, and the coaster seemed to beat the heck out of me... I thought I had finally gotten too old for coasters, or that Vortex was just rough because I was the only one on the train. Turns out that I was so excited about opening day that I forgot to get enough rest the night before.

Every time I ride Delirium is a different experience, not just because I wind up on different seats, but because of where I decide to focus my attention during the ride. Once in 2004, on a perfect spring day, I "locked" on to the flashy "hammer of strength" game, and it suddenly felt like Delirium was standing still, and the park was swinging around me (that's a cool effect if you can 'hold' it).

Firehawk has given me two completely different ride experiences. First was on August 8th, 2007. As we were heading up the lift hill, they let off the fireworks. Not only was that amazing my first ever experience of flight in almost complete darkness. Completely spectacular. The second was on Friday, July 13th 2008 at around 2 PM. Completely scared the scap out of me. I guess I couldn't see the ground before. Its still a fun ride but is really enjoyable at night.

also the train that you ride in can be diffrent, placement of your seat, and beilieve it or not, Left or right side (or middle if you are in Universal LOL, I mean cause all the costers have 4 seats, no two seaters...correct me if Im wrong)

Okay, I'll correct you:

and also TTD

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1896.htm?picture=39

I dont really have a choice as to where to sit...Im stuck in the front cuz im 6'5". I notice I have to sit in the left seat front seat on The Beast, cuz otherwise the restraint makes the ride very unpleasant. I used to hate SOB till they changed the cars, the grip bar used to make my knees black and blue.

I dont really have a choice as to where to sit...Im stuck in the front cuz im 6'5". I notice I have to sit in the left seat front seat on The Beast, cuz otherwise the restraint makes the ride very unpleasant. I used to hate SOB till they changed the cars, the grip bar used to make my knees black and blue.

Why stuck? I'm 6'3" and comfortably ride in whatever seat I wish. Does two inches make that much difference. I could relate on Vortex and Flight Deck about the back seat of any car. The jury is still out on which seat is better on FoF.

As an afterthought, the left side of The Beast is better anyway due to the helix, so at least that's in your favor.

I have noticed that rides on The Beast vary wildly depending on everything under the sun. Factors that I have noticed include but are not limited to time of day, dampness or dryness of the track, temperature of the air, and most of all...how full the train is. Throw trim strength in there, and that gives you a range of about 35-40mph depending on when you ride it. Most of those are unpredictable. So, yes, there have been many times that I have had a number of different experiences on The Beast even within the day.

Okay, I'll correct you:

and also TTD

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1896.htm?picture=39

Huh? When'd they move TTD to Universal?

Maverick. Put Terpy in the front row and hear him tell all who will listen how it is his favorite steel coaster in all the world. Put him in any other row and please wake him up at the conclusion of the ride.

Maybe that's why I was so completely unimpressed by Maverick. I'll have to try front seat and see if I like it any better. The track sure looks cool and so many people are in love with that coaster, I'm still wondering why I found it to be such a horrible let down.

Even Vortex. Car Five, Row One...a wonderful, ecstatically happy experience for the Terpster...so sad he listened to all those who wanted to plant him in car seven, row one for oh, so many years.

I've always avoided the back of the train, assuming it was like wooden coasters where the back is more violent. I've got to try both seats.

By far the most drastic difference is on The Georgia Cyclone. The front seat is a smooth, mellow jaunt through a beautiful structure. The back seat of the back car, right side is a supremely violent cascade of a ride!

Sadly, I don't even remember this ride. I know I rode it, because I kept a log of what I rode there, but I don't remember a darn thing about the Cyclone. I remember I absolutely loved GASM though.

Ninja at Six Flags Over Georgia...the bench in front of the ride has great views and is a nice place to sit. Put Terpy in any seat on the train, however....

COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!! I love it when you complain about Ninja. Makes me feel better about hating it. :D

Biggest change in ride experience for me would be Flight Deck. I always rode it in the front because I always ride coasters in the front. I love the little bit of drag you get going over the hills, feeling like you're hanging there and might be stuck. Well, the back seat had no line at all, so my group decided to head back there. It made FD jump from my second least-favorite at KI to my number 3 favorite - though it will probably get bumped by Diamondback. Similar with Flight of Fear - I always rode in front, and I rode back seat one day because it had no line. I now ride only in the last car on FOF.

I agree with fcbaseball about TTD. I rode it in the middle of the train and thought it was cool, but the front seat made it amazing. Just the launch with nothing in front of you but track ... that was awesome. Millie is fun pretty much anywhere, but the front car makes it exceptional, just not as a dramatic a difference as TTD.

Biggest change in ride experience for me would be Flight Deck. I always rode it in the front because I always ride coasters in the front. I love the little bit of drag you get going over the hills, feeling like you're hanging there and might be stuck. Well, the back seat had no line at all, so my group decided to head back there. It made FD jump from my second least-favorite at KI to my number 3 favorite - though it will probably get bumped by Diamondback. Similar with Flight of Fear - I always rode in front, and I rode back seat one day because it had no line. I now ride only in the last car on FOF.

Those seats perform every time. I still haven't figured out what draws people to the front. I'll never understand, as I'm too much of a backseat person. Every coaster that I've ridden in the front on I go right back.

Why stuck? I'm 6'3" and comfortably ride in whatever seat I wish. Does two inches make that much difference. I could relate on Vortex and Flight Deck about the back seat of any car. The jury is still out on which seat is better on FoF.

As an afterthought, the left side of The Beast is better anyway due to the helix, so at least that's in your favor.

I have noticed that rides on The Beast vary wildly depending on everything under the sun. Factors that I have noticed include but are not limited to time of day, dampness or dryness of the track, temperature of the air, and most of all...how full the train is. Throw trim strength in there, and that gives you a range of about 35-40mph depending on when you ride it. Most of those are unpredictable. So, yes, there have been many times that I have had a number of different experiences on The Beast even within the day.

Surprisingly 2 inches can make a world of difference...FOF i can barely fit in the front seat cuz my knees are in my chest...did you have a problem with SOB with the old cars??

"SheiKra" at Bush Gardens comes to mind. The 1st time that I rode this I fell instantly in love with it. But I admit that when it went floorless in 2007 it actually got better!

But "Hangman" at Wild Adventures needs to take this trophy for me. The 1st time I rode it I was freaked out by it's design. But then we just kept riding it over and over again, and enjoyed it more every time.

Surprisingly 2 inches can make a world of difference...FOF i can barely fit in the front seat cuz my knees are in my chest...did you have a problem with SOB with the old cars??

That surprizes me to be honest that two inches is that different.

As for the old trains on SoB...in a word...ouch.

I can usually fit into about anything and tolerate it long enough to ride it, so maybe I just don't pay as much attention. Vortex and Flight Deck in the back seat of any car would be the only place I have trouble, and that's just knees.

As for the old trains on SoB...in a word...ouch.

I can usually fit into about anything and tolerate it long enough to ride it, so maybe I just don't pay as much attention. Vortex and Flight Deck in the back seat of any car would be the only place I have trouble, and that's just knees.

Well i could set anywhere, but it would make the ride very uncomfortable and not let me enjoy the ride as its meant for. I perfer the front anyways, so the view is unobstructed.

Well i could set anywhere, but it would make the ride very uncomfortable and not let me enjoy the ride as its meant for. I perfer the front anyways, so the view is unobstructed.

If you like the front, great. I'm just a backseat person because I'm an airtime finatic. I also like the feeling of the "pull" rather than the "push."

My oldest daughter just started riding coasters recently......She is still a bit nervous on them. I can't sit in front, or back!!!!

We have to get dead in the middle every time!!!!

How nauseating. I never sit there unless forced. i.e. being the last one inside the station on Tornado at Stricker's Grove. At least I cooperate and don't request to wait.

Even one inch can be different. One of my good friends is one inch taller than my husband and was uncomfortable in FOF but my husband fits just fine without even having to wiggle. There's also only about a 10 lb difference in the two.