Kings Island Dreams

DanielRadsgrl

Another dream that I had a lot before last season started was that they turned The Beast into a water ride. Same train, (it seemed) but the track was underwater and rode more like a log ride. Although a smooth ride, it was just not the same. I sort of wonder if I was dreaming about DB. I am sure DB will be a smooth ride and has the water splash at the end? Although, the ride in my dream still has a wooden structure... :wacko:

I got to really ride The Beast as a water ride last May. That was amazing.

BTW...I'm not just talking rain shower...I'm talking POURING. It was the day that they closed early last year due to the weather and lack of crowds. I got two rides in a row even with single train operation.

BTW...I'm not just talking rain shower...I'm talking POURING. It was the day that they closed early last year due to the weather and lack of crowds. I got two rides in a row even with single train operation.

I bet that almost felt better than a moderate rain and the drops feel like needles on your face while ridding. It was always nice to ride the backwards racer when it was raining to avoid the pin pricks.

I was laughing too hard to think about it, but it didn't hurt so you're probably right. The most memorable experiences on that ride were seeing The Beast splash through a puddle at the bottom of the hill between the brake shed and the tunnel, and being splashed in the face with a curtain of water exiting the first trip through the helix tunnel. I loved every minute of it.

I was laughing too hard to think about it, but it didn't hurt so you're probably right. The most memorable experiences on that ride were seeing The Beast splash through a puddle at the bottom of the hill between the brake shed and the tunnel, and being splashed in the face with a curtain of water exiting the first trip through the helix tunnel. I loved every minute of it.

I hope I dont dream about ridding in the rain with the pin pricks in the face tonight. I want sunny weather for my dreams! :lol:

• Like 1

I don't know if you guys are old enough to remember the "old" brakes coasters used to use....Maybe they still do, but I would think they've been updated.

I gues they were just friction brakes or something. When you came into the station, there was a guy maning a stick about 5 feet long sticking up out of the floor. He would pull on it, and the trains would stop. You gotta know that to hear my story.

1987, at Cedar Point. We didn't want to wait 3 hours to ride the "new" Bat, Iron Dragon, so we just rode all the old stuff. Blue Streak, or Mean Streak, can't remember which one, Gemini, the old mouse coaster they had, Demon drop...LOL, remember when that was the SCARIEST thing around?

After all those we made our way to the Corkscrew. About 3/4 of the way up the lift hill, we hit a downpour. All the way through the ride, the closer we got to the end, the harder it came down. When we got back to the station, we seemed to be going pretty fast still. We got to the end of the station, still moving at a pretty good clip, but slow enough to see the guy leaning back on the big stick, and laughing his a$$ off!!!!

Right through the station we went, and back up for another ride!!! A Freebie!!!!

We were wondering if we were gonna be riding this thing non-stop until the rain quit, but by the next trip to the station, they got it to stop. We were still past the little turnstile gates though.

We got off, had a good laugh with the ride ops about it, and went on our way..

They told us thats why they stop sending out the coasters when the rain starts!!!

Long time ago, I'm sure that wouldn't happen anymore, but I'm not sure. I have never been back on a coaster in the rain sense then.

I always have dreams about CP. Milly, Maggie, and Raptor are always prominent in my coaster dreams.

I had a dream about CP once that I went with a friend of mine who was a ride op there last season. The park was closed, but for some reason all the rides were running. The ride ops told us they were test runs and that we'd have to sign a waiver in case we died.

My favorite is my dream about a coaster like Millenium Force that went over the Eiffel Tower with a first drop just a foot above the water in the fountains and a boomerang turn above the Internatioal Restaurant.

We could do away with a lift hill!!!

Ride the elevator up to the top of the tower, then get on a coaster!!!

I don't know if you guys are old enough to remember the "old" brakes coasters used to use....Maybe they still do, but I would think they've been updated.

I gues they were just friction brakes or something. When you came into the station, there was a guy maning a stick about 5 feet long sticking up out of the floor. He would pull on it, and the trains would stop. You gotta know that to hear my story....

Twister at Knoebel's Grove Amusement Resort still uses skid brakes, and was built with them long after most parks had stopped using them. And Camden Park's Big Dipper and Lil Dipper still have manually operated brakes with the big old brake levers..but both coasters use fin brakes, not skid brakes (something I often point out when younguns think fin brakes are a relatively new invention).

• Like 1

I finally had a dream I could remember (really rare that I remember them) when I took a nap this afternoon. And, of course, it was about Kings Island!

I dreamed that we showed up for the Diamondback tour in February and it was in the 70's and sunny out. It was so warm that most everyone was wearing shorts. When we got to Diamondback and saw that they were running the trains, Don Helbig said "since it's unseasonably warm today, you'll be the first ones on Diamondback!" and sent everyone through the queue line to ride it.

After getting off Diamondback, we rode Maverick (where did it come from?!) which was completely over water from start to finish and for some reason I absolutely loved the ride, which is weird because I didn't really enjoy it when I rode it in real life. Then we went on a walking tour of Mean Streak (again, where did it come from?!) which was back in the woods behind Firehawk now. And by walking tour, I mean, we walked the entire track like maintenance does, which they were in the process of still doing winter retracking on. On the top of the first hill we stopped for a Q&A session with the tour guide (who looked suspiciously like the tour guide in the pink shirt from the GWL tour) and asked for suggestions on improving the ride, because since it was moved to the park they wanted to make it a spectacular ride instead of one with a reputation for being rough.

Then we met up with the parts of our group that had dropped off throughout the day because they didn't want to hike Mean Streak or whatever their reason and regaled them with tales of how great everything was, and for some reason I had a video on my cell phone of our ride on Diamondback, even though my phone never appeared while actually riding it.

And it was shortly after that when I woke up. Talk about weird!

• Like 2

When I was in elementary school I had a dream about Drop Tower (Drop Zone back then). There was a girl I liked and me and her were on this weird version of Drop Zone where you stand up in this little area. There was no ceiling or anything and we dropped and I remember being scared. And then when we got off she ran away with her friends. <_<

I remember a dream that I had praobbly about a year ago. I was in the park, but it looked nothing like KI. I am trying to find The Beast and kept getting lost. Ended up ridding some steel coaster that I have no idea what it was. It was fun for what it was though. I never made it to The Beast. To bad they did not have those Beast Paws painted on the midway...

My one and only dream of Kings Island was a couple of nights ago. I dreamed that All the rides were in different places and Diamond Back went all the way out into the parking lot and had this loop thing. I was there with four people and I didn't know any of them. I woke up very confused haha.

Not getting to the park last year gave me this recurring dream of being in the park...but it wasn't the park and I could find no coasters. I kept seeing SOB but it would be gone when I got to where I thought it was. One time I went over to Vortex and they were erecting Firehawk nearby and had taken down Vortex. A worker told me to just walk the path of Vortex cuz she always had a lot of fun doing it.

Did I mention I'm an active dreamer?

• Like 1

I have had many dreams about KI. I had more of them when I used to work there. I used to always dream of operating Reptar. (which was part of my job) My most recent dream of KI though is one about Diamond back. I was there with a group of people I didn't know but I was there with them.... how I don't know im shy... But anyways we had to have a race for the first ride. (im not a runner!!) So I made all kinds of traps to make people trip and fall so I could beat them back there. I know that sounds awful but hey we are talking the first ride here. I made it back there, I was not the first. I wanted to be the first, this part is stupid dont ask, When I got back there I yelled snake and every one ran screaming. I wasn't lying, I was just talking about the coaster. I got the first ride at the end :D Silly dream I know, I woke up laughing.

• Like 1

I have had many dreams about KI. I had more of them when I used to work there. I used to always dream of operating Reptar. (which was part of my job) My most recent dream of KI though is one about Diamond back. I was there with a group of people I didn't know but I was there with them.... how I don't know im shy... But anyways we had to have a race for the first ride. (im not a runner!!) So I made all kinds of traps to make people trip and fall so I could beat them back there. I know that sounds awful but hey we are talking the first ride here. I made it back there, I was not the first. I wanted to be the first, this part is stupid dont ask, When I got back there I yelled snake and every one ran screaming. I wasn't lying, I was just talking about the coaster. I got the first ride at the end :D Silly dream I know, I woke up laughing.

Clever way to get eveyone out of your way!!

Hell, every guy's got his dream, am I right? Between you, me and the wall here, I doozy myself last night. Ha ha, ha, ha. Get this: A corn-fed harvest mouse, a hooker, a nun, a Flemish peasant woman, whips, chains, whistles yo-yo's, a circus midget. My grandmother riding by on a bicycle give me the finger, and a duck! Now, I don't know ha, ha, ha.

Who can guess what this is from?

Hell, every guy's got his dream, am I right? Between you, me and the wall here, I doozy myself last night. Ha ha, ha, ha. Get this: A corn-fed harvest mouse, a hooker, a nun, a Flemish peasant woman, whips, chains, whistles yo-yo's, a circus midget. My grandmother riding by on a bicycle give me the finger, and a duck! Now, I don't know ha, ha, ha.

Who can guess what this is from?

That is so great!! Gotta love it!

Ok so I had a dream with dare to fly in it. We beat up each other over the first ride. The yelling snake thing didn't work with you. ...LOL I dont remember how it turned out. I woke up..lol