Kings Island Dreams

DanielRadsgrl

QUOTE (Jasper @ Jan 31 2009, 02:55 PM) I keep having dreams that im on Drop Tower and my restraint comes loose and i fall out and i wake up right before i hit the ground.

They say that if you have a falling dream, if you actually hit the ground in your dream, you'll die XD My little brother lives in constant fear of it, it's kind of funny.

A very small amount of people in the world have died because there dreams were so intense.

And how would we know that?

Terpy, truly curious (it's not like they told us)

I agree with Terpy who would be able to confirm that for us, and secondly, I have hit the ground many of times in dreams. Most of the time it is because I have fallen out of the bed, but a few not, but I can tell you I have fallen and hit the ground in a dream and am still here to tell you if they myth was true I would not be on KIC today! smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream i was playing baseball for a team coached by Steve Martin and the field was the front entrance by the fountain. I was first base but instead of a glove i had to use a spaghetti strainer. First base was by the bathrooms and third was all the way over by the keyhole photo booth

I'm one of the folks who often have dreams that eventually come true at some point ._. And I had some interesting KI related dreams since my rookie year. The weirdest one to this day I had little over a year ago....weird in a sense it involves KI and yet didn't happen at KI. Make sense?

Son of Beast operating in my grandparents back yard over in Colerain Township. Grandpa was obviously in it, as well myself and couple key family friends. I still don't get the connection between grandpa and Sonny :P

i had a dream not long before the end of the season where i was in Action Zone. in my dream Action Zone set high up on a three level hill, on the lower level was where the rest of the park connected to the area, then you walked up a hill where Drop Tower was, which in my dream had started it's winter rehab (get this, a few of the ride's restraints had been removed, along with the fencing around the ride area, which had been replaced with a painted line. it was still running too). next you walked up a very steep path where Son of Beast was located, the whole part of Action Zone had been closed since Son of Beast was closed (all of the gift shops/restrooms, after all that's all that was there besides the ride). the funny part was this area was opened even with Son of Beast being closed for the season, all the gift shops were open and where they all referred to Son of Beast in their names, Cedar Fair had had Kings Island place pieces of plywood over the words "Son of Beast."

this had to have been on of the weirdest dreams i've ever had. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Haunt dream the other night. I was in my Haunt makeup/costume, but we were allowed to roam the park during the day too and ride the rides, as long as we stayed in character. We also put on little skits throughout the park. Faeriewench and I were involved in one in Rivertown where she was hanging from a lamp post and I would scare people, and unbeknownst to them, subtly guide them in her direction. Faeriewench would scare them again when they got to her. I would then scold Faeriewench for scaring people when she should be dead, and she would make a smart comment back to me. Then it was time for Haunt to officially open, and I headed over to Slaughter House, but I was worried because we didn't have any rehearsal time at all.

Is it September 23rd yet? I take that back, that date will be here before we know it. We still have a whole summer of fun ahead of us (after 3 more months of the dreaded O.S.)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, had one last night. Get ready for this guys.

I had a dream we visited Kings Island for Opening Day 2011, a day I have yet to visit the park on. For some reason, there was a $3 upcharge for entering the park even after you had paid $30 to get your tickets, but this apparently allowed them to lower the drinks prices so a small drink was $2 and large was $3, instead of $4. Still bad but better than what it is in nondreamland. Then, we entered the park, where to my suprise Cedar Fair had installed (or possibly re-installed) a horse & carriage system which cost you no extra money and you could ride the carriage to whatever ride you wanted to get in line for before the park opened. Me and my friends and family decided to go for Firehawk since it almost always has a 1+ hour line if you wait too long, and on the way we passed the Eiffel Tower and Vortex. As we started passing the Eiffel Tower, my grandmother and some weird guy who was supposed to be my uncle (I have no idea who he is) joined us. On our way to Firehawk, I looked up and there it was- WindSeeker, towering above doing test runs. We decided since WindSeeker didn't seem to have such a long line, but my sister started arguing because she was afraid of it. Then I woke up.

Weird dream. Some notes:

Son of Beast was closed in this dream, first time for that...ever. In my dreams at least. Usually, it was open or had just re-opened...and for some reason in my recent dreams it has had timberliners and you get free Hardees for riding it! It was barley seen, but did appear at one point in the "background" in this dream as we headed down International Street on the horse (it was "looming" over the buildings and trees as I looked to that side like in real life.)

This was the first dream I have ever had where Firehawk was mentioned. The coasters that pop up in my dreams the most from KI are, in order: Son of Beast, Beast, Vortex, and Diamondback. I have never had a dream where Flight Deck, Invertigo, or Delirium has been mentioned for some reason. Do they even exist at my dream Kings Island?

What a crazy dream...well, less crazy than usual...

• 1 year later...

So I had a crazy one last night. I was at Halloween Haunt on a Friday night and the park was dead, no pun intended. Anyway I went to Action(less) Zone first and got in line for Drop Tower. Walked right on. Next was Delirum, which was an hour wait, although on 5 people were in line. Gotta love the capacity on that machine.

Also Delirum was where Invertigo was and Blood Drums was where Delirum is. Yes Invertigo was gone completely.

Crazy part # 2 was Son of Beast was running. In my dream they had demo the rose bowl but reconnected the track from the second hill.

Crazy part #3 all of the rides were hauntified. I.E. Delirum had people with chainsaws on the ground chasing you. DT had a monster on the lift car. Son of Beast still had Wolf Pack. FD line had been converted into a Haunt about plane crashes.

• Like 3

I've had TONS of KI dreams- but in this post I'll mention 3 of them (in order). :)

#1- I had this dream a few months prior to a trip I took to KI on 6/30/08. (before I became a thrill seeker) At the time my goal was to ride Runaway Reptar, but the dream started out with my mom and I eating at this International Street Restaurant-style restaurant (yes, it was still at KI) with Nickelodeon characters roaming around the room. The other guests in the room had lots of game prizes and giant stuffed animals, yet I had none. Suddenly I was at Nickelodeon Universe, within the park, standing at the entrance for Reptar. But I just ended up walking up this infinitely long carpeted staircase...and never rode Reptar before the dream ended. <_<

*On the bright side, during my 6/30/08 trip, I finally rode Reptar! (I guess things DID work out, after all)

#2- This dream also was in 2008. This time I was riding Vortex on this sunny day in the spring (March?) except instead of the normal harness and all that, my so-called "restraint" was two pieces of white twine-like string, going in an X across my mid-section. The cars on the train were more like big tubs. I only went as far as the lift hill, then it jumped to the loops, then the dream ended. lol

*Weird thing is/was, it would be two more years after that dream before I rode the real Vortex in 2010. :blink:

#3- This one I also had in '08 as well! (go figure.) I was strolling through Coney Mall toward Vortex, and suddenly, I see this Vortex train on a section of straight track, TWIRLING THROUGH THE AIR OUT OF CONTROL...(the train stayed as straight as a ruler) then it exploded when it hit the ground. I almost cried, since I already loved Vortex just by watching it. :wub: When I woke up at 4 am, I thought, "I should definitely go back to Kings Island soon." :unsure:

More wacky KI dreams of mine coming soon...(Stay tuned!) :rolleyes:

-BFF, still dreaming on a semi-regular basis...

• Like 2

I had a dream where I was looking at DB and the sky was all dark and grey. It was my first ride on DB. But the wating concorse ( I forget what its really called) had an elevator smack in the middle, and you would go up, and into a gift shop. You had to go through the fift shop to get to the ride. Once on the ride, (yes there was still a lift hill even though the elevator took to you too the gift shop even though the gift shop was at the top of DB's first lift hill :blink: ) As I was going up the hill, KI was running like norma, but the sky had black clouds, with a grey sky. :blink: I was halfway down the first hill when the dream ended. Yeah, a little wierd. :lol:

• Like 2

Another dream of mine!

#4- I had this one in the summer of 2009, not long after I took my first ride on Diamondback. In the dream, I was with my mom and my older sister, and we were staying at Kings Island for the whole entire weekend. We got in line for Diamondback. The queue was arranged a little differently, with the many switchbacks being under where the brake run is (in real life). I was watching the drop, and a train was reaching the top of the lift, then I realized that part of the drop was missing- and the train was going straight for the gap! But it traveled normally as if the missing track was actually there! Then I also realized it was actually a dream and got the urge to open my eyes but I didn't want to, because I didn't want to stop this dream of spending a weekend at KI, but a few minutes later I gave up.

• Like 3

Then I also realized it was actually a dream and got the urge to open my eyes but I didn't want to, because I didn't want to stop this dream of spending a weekend at KI, but a few minutes later I gave up.

I have had some amazing dreams, and when i wake up, I do this also. Hahaha, but it never works :lol: .

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (Jasper @ Jan 31 2009, 02:55 PM)

I keep having dreams that im on Drop Tower and my restraint comes loose and i fall out and i wake up right before i hit the ground.

They say that if you have a falling dream, if you actually hit the ground in your dream, you'll die XD My little brother lives in constant fear of it, it's kind of funny.

I hit all the time. Wait..Can you see me?

We all have them, dreams of Diamondback, Water Works, Boomerang Bay, and maybe a SOB even. So, this is the thread to where you could post your dreams.

"a new day at Boomerang Bay"

I had a dream which Paramount retook our beloved Kings Island and brought back every piece of BB. The new pool was destroyed for the Platypus Run (at another park) with new landscaping too. All of the slides were the BB style once again, with other places painted back to its "glory". Soak City seemed inexistant, including the enterance.

"SOB's last ride"

Now this was last night. I had a dream which the SOB reopened with a new layout. Instead of the usual drop, it was a literal drop to the ground, then the rest of the coaster. After you went back up to the drop off point which is a hut with BB items (odd) then once again you fall to the coaster.

What are your dreams of ki?

When I had the dream, I didn't know bumper boats existed, but yet, I had a dream of bumper boats. In the dream, people weren't wearing swim suits, but their park going clothes, and it was a catered private party- on bumper boats at KI, so people had no qualms about trying to knock each other into the water.

Just had one wacky dream on Sunday night, right after I got home from my Closing Day trip to KI. (yes, it had Vortex in it.)

I was walking around to Vortex's entrance. The trees were only starting to lose their leaves, so it looked more like September than October. Vortex was operating like normal, with Train #1 (yes, I saw the numbers! xD) entering the station, Suddenly, #1 just stops in its tracks (no pun intended) with half of it in the station and the other half still out, and in the meantime, Train #2 had just arrived on the first set of the brakes! #1 wasn't going anywhere, but #2 was gaining on #1, FAST. Then, suddenly, I hear this BOOM noise. #2 had just struck #1 in its back side, forming this long, horizontal, deep cut that went straight across #1's back. I shouted, "Train #2! Why would you do that?!?" and then I jumped over the tall, black fence, running to #2 and the "hurt" #1. Maintenance had just arrived to investigate, so I helped them by measuring how long and deep #1's cut was. So we took out this tape measure, and found out that the cut was 9 inches long, and 2 inches deep. Right after that, the dream ended!

Weird thing is, I didn't see Train #3 anywhere. :blink: Either it wasn't in the dream at all or it just didn't have as obvious of an appearance or any significance as #1 and #2 did.

Could this be an indication that I might fulfill my dream of working on Vortex someday? :D

-BFF, being dreamy and VERY imaginative.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just had another crazy one a few days ago! This time, Train #3 is in it. ;)

I dreamt that I was walking along the maintenance road that's right by Vortex's two brake runs and transfer track, and suddenly, I see Train #3 sprawled out on the ground right next to the transfer track as if it had actually fallen off (like one may fall out of his/her own bed). I remember thinking,"Train #3, did you fall out of bed again?" :blink: Then, all by myself (this was all during a normal summer day), I lifted each of #3's individual cars back onto the transfer track. :blink: :blink: . I then looked back at #3 again and saw that it had only five (or six, I don't remember) cars instead of the normal 7. I looked at Train #1, which was patiently waiting outside the station (like in the beginning of the previous dream); and then at #2, which had just finished the helix and arriving safely onto the first brake run (and stopping ;)) and saw that both of them had 7 cars. Right before the dream ended, I wondered, "If #1 and #2 have 7 cars, why doesn't #3 have 7 cars like #1 and #2 do?"

Weird thing: I didn't even think of checking around the transfer track to see if any of #3's "missing" cars were down there. :blink:

-BFF, who is now wondering, "How many funny/weird Vortex dreams am I gonna have this offseason?" :P

• Like 2

"How many funny/weird Vortex dreams am I gonna have this offseason?" :P

I know it's gonna be at least one more, because I just woke up from one 50 minutes ago! (and why am I the only one posting on this topic now??)

But this dream didn't take place at KI. It took place at my church, although there were things related to KI! Okay, I was eating in the kitchen like normal with all my church friends, then I discover this cubicle-like room with a glass door, and I go through the door. The one KI-related thing that was in there was none other than Vortex's Train #3 (yes, I saw the number! xD) ! But somehow #3 had raindrops on it, as if it had just run a cycle in a drizzle or a shower. I was even thinking, "Did it rain on Closing Day and I missed it?" I was lingering around the train, sort of how I did on the actual Closing Day. Suddenly, I knew I had to go get my mom's camera so I could take pictures of #3, so I ran to the church's sanctuary. The church's small "band" was rehearsing in there, and as soon as the sanctuary was in my sight, all of a sudden they start playing "Romantic Flight" from How to Train Your Dragon. :blink: I went in the sanctuary and tried to get my mom's attention to where her camera was, and then the dream ended...

But really, how many more funny/weird Vortex dreams am I gonna have this month, let alone the whole entire offseason? (this one definitely falls in the "weird" category...)

• Like 1

Repetitive dreams about an object, person or place might reveal a desire for closure to some issue in your life. Your subconscious mind keeps taking you there, even adding details like weather conditions, so that you can discover what you need to do to resolve something you're not consciously aware of.

I keep dreaming of being in Action Zone, and running into of a family from Miamisburg that I revered very much, but haven't seen in 20 years. I used to lie to them a lot about everything, and I was foolishly egotistical and narcisistic to the point of quickly overstaying my welcome (they were a perfect, Brady-bunch-like family on whose daughter I had an enormous crush, but as that wore off and I grew wiser and less naive, I realized that I loved that whole family dearly). I've never called or written to them for fear they still think I'm the dork was back then, and I keep having the dreams of visiting them again, probably because my subconscience wants me to come clean and ask their forgiveness for the lies and stuff. I think that the dreams take place at Kings Island, because the park has been the stage for dreams of mine throughout my long life.

• Like 5