Kings Island Dreams

DanielRadsgrl

Last night I had a dream that The Beast was refurbished with an RMC topper-track design. Instead of the second lift hill, it stopped about a third of the way up and launched into the final double-helix sequence. Absolute nightmare.

There was also an Intamin Inverted Impulse (Wicked Twister) in X-Base, so I guess the dream wasn't all bad...

• Like 7

There was a KI-related dream I had sometime last week, but I had forgotten to post it until now. And yes, it had Vortex in it. ;)

I don't remember much from this dream, but what I do remember is I was riding Vortex and right after I got off, they announced the ride had a technical delay. As weird as it sounds, that's basically all I can recall (it's been almost a week since I had the dream).

Vortex Dreams I've Had This Offseason: 2

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I had a dream last night that I got to ride the Banshee.

The dreams starts off by being right next to Banshee then waiting in line back by some service road. Little did I know, that we were going in the exit for some reason and we got to ride it before everyone in the 3 1/2 hrs line. So ounce we got on it the ride op was all pumped up screaming "You ready to ride?!" We yelled Yea!

We are then launched up a spiraling hill but just barely fast enough to make it though. then we go through is weird double loop thing but we were going so slow that some wheels in the middle of the track had to help us move. the ride was very boring and not intense at all. almost all reviews were 1 star saying how boring it was. I would of compared it to The Great Pumpkin coaster with loops and much longer.

I'm thinking this ride is gonna be pretty fun in real life! In my dream the ride probably never got above 30 mph.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, let the second dream of The Bat/FD begin.

It was a childhood birthday, yet, I was going to ride The Bat continuously. Though, this time it had cars very similar to the Ghoster Coaster, a classic coaster of mine. So, instead of the whole track being black/orange/grey, it had points of grey, then points to where it was orange, and black repeatedly. It was a fast ride, but somehow the guy behind me gets in front of me, though, he flew off the tracks. I finally got back into the station, rode it a few more, then after I was walking back, and Don was there doing an interview.

Now onto a dream that I had a few nights ago,

I went onto The Vortex, and instead of staying in the valley, it want all over the Midway. OH and I was riding with a donkey.

• Like 2

I had a dream 2 days ago and it was my first KI Dream that Banshee Opened, The Bat looked very cool. Then we found out that the Interpreter was a partner to KI and that They where building a new ride under Banshee called "Graveyard Guardian". Really weird dream.

• Like 6

I had a really interesting opening day 2014 dream last night. It started off that I actually got to make it to the park on opening day and Kings Island was completely dead. Of course, I wanted my first ride of the 2014 season to be on Banshee and it only had a 5 minute wait! The line was amazing though, it was all indoors and resembled the interior of an abandoned stone cottage. The best part of all was that it doubled as a Halloween Haunt maze. Although, one part of the line that threw me off was that the initial staircase of Vortex's que had been incorporated into Banshee's.

Unfortunately, I didn't even make it through the line when I woke up... a sad, sad day. Haha

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I had a dream that Banshee was TWO rides. The coaster that we were all expecting, and one of those up and down rocketship things. There was a little comic scene (like the ones in Planet Snoopy) showing the Banshee getting into ne of the cars from the other ride. The story was that she was causing it to berserk. It would speed up, and move up and down at "random." It was really weird.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I had another dream last night that I was riding Vortex; I remember seeing a sunset in the sky, so the park was about to close for the night. Of course, it was a dream, so the ride didn't feel nearly as forceful as it does in real life.

I had the same dream a couple weeks ago as well.

Total Vortex Dreams I've Had This Offseason: 3

• Like 3

I had a dream last night that I was outside the park and noticed that some parts of the skyline had changed (The Eiffel Tower was skinnier and had the top roped off; there was also another (observation?) tower ride in the direction of Action Zone (don't know for sure where it was as I could only see the skyline of the park as I was standing in the parking lot). There might have been other changes too, but I don't remember.

• Like 4

I had a dream about a week back where I was going to ride Banshee. The line surprisingly wasn't very long. It was opening day. The queue was inside, and had creepy tables people jumped out of. During the ride, I played a video game, or was in a video game, or something. It was really weird.

• Like 6

I had a dream that Drop Tower was white, Diamondback was in the front of the park, and Racer was miles away but you could walk to it in one minute.

Drop Tower looked sorta like this ;wildbunch1.JPG

When Drop Tower dropped, the gondola bent, and everyone fell!

(Kinda like this)

http://www.break.com/video/japanese-amusement-park-ride-accident-73444

And i knew that it was going to happen right before it did!

Also, Firehawk was on the other side of racer and WindSeeker and there was a weird waterpark with water wings that had to have mechanics called on them, and Leviathan was being built and there was a charcoal mine under Leviathan, and leviathan did almost the same thing as i305 and i had just noticed leviathan being built, and also the Montu was rolling back all the time and.. and... it was TERRIFYING!

• Like 7

Just thought of another dream. Not related to Kings Island, but pretty weird.

So, me and my family decided to take a road trip to NYC. When we got there, we took our green van that we had gotten rid of in 2012 on the subway. It was in front of the train, and had an escalator from the top of the sears tower leading down to it. When we got off, we drove our van up a ramp, and into this really ghetto park. Me and my little brother swung on the rusty swings for hours. The park had a wall around it without doors. Then we drove our van down the ramp, but just found a parking lot instead of the subway. Then my brother saw the subway and wanted to run away from it. After he ran away, we found him looking like he was 30 years old instead of 7 and he had a bag of bricks and a shovel. He smiled and said "Howdy!" Then he dug a new subway tunnel and made a road out of the bricks, and went back to being 7 yrs old. Then we drove in, but his subway didn't work, so we had to drive around the park until we found the fish and chips shop so we could go home on a flying trout.

• Like 3

Had another one last night, folks! Just hours after I turned 15!

I was at Kings Island, standing by Vortex like always. The trees had no leaves on them and it was cloudy. I followed a small line of people into Vortex's queue when meanwhile, I noticed the trains were parked, empty, in their normal spots, so I'm guessing the time was in early/mid March. But when we got to the station, a normal car (not a coaster car) was sitting parked where a normal Vortex train would be. I remember what the "car" looked like; it looked very similar to my mom's 2005 Toyota Highlander. Then the people and I go to the lowest level of the station (the part below the queue that's on the side facing the ride's course) and get there to see Don himself standing on the grass in front of us, telling jokes. He was a comedian! :P He was still wearing his normal blue shirt and khakis (like when you normally see him at the park). I could remember what he actually was saying in the dream when I woke up this morning, but now I forget. :(

After the comedian part, the dream ended.

This morning, when I woke up, I was thinking it would feel a lot like spring outside even though it was in the teens. I believe I may have caught an offseason flu. :P

Total Vortex Dreams I've Had This Offseason: 4

• Like 7

I had a really weird one. It was another where Banshee was two rides. You rode the coaster part, and it ended with the seats separating, and connecting to a Drop Tower-like ride. (The actual Drop Tower was still there, so it wasn't the same one.) When you got to the top of the tower, it spun slowly once, giving you a view of the park, then it spun about 35 MPH and released the seats, and parachutes came out. They had to replace the seats with each train. Most people rode it for the parachute thing.

Whatever I ate before bed is now a no-no item. I don't want to continue having these ridiculous dreams.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Had another dream on the 12th, and one last night. I'll explain last night's dream first while it is still fresh in my mind:

I was at Banshee's Media Day. Instead of it being 5:30am-2pm, it was 5:30 pm to 2am! Also, instead of just Action Zone being open, it was the whole park! I ran back to Vortex. It looked normal. For now. I went inside the queue line and when I got to the station, I saw a train from The Beast in the same spot where I had seen a Vortex train just moments before, but there was also another train (not in the station) that was shaped like Vortex's train but it was a solid light gray color with glitter on it. (GLITTER!?!?!) So I got on, and "rode" this modified, strange-looking Vortex, then I get back in line to find that the line was shorter, but the queue was set up differently. Instead of a normal queue, it was this large ice slide where you had to skate (or ski) down the slide to get to the station! It was like figure skating, speed skating, downhill skiing, and bobsledding all in one. When I arrived down at the station I was starting to wonder if this was a dream or if this was actually happening. I reached out and touch the handrails. I was able to feel them, and they felt EXACTLY the same as in real life! :o I looked up, and now, instead of Vortex or The Beast, there was Banshee! When I got to the station again, it was midnight. Don was there saying it was midnight, but we had 2 more hours until Media Day (or Media Night, I should say) ended at 2am. By this time I had "rode" Banshee about 2-3 times, so I felt like riding something different. I went looking for Vortex, but somehow I had lots of trouble trying to find it, which wasn't good because I really wanted to ride it. Hey, at least I'll get to ride it for real in about a month!

I'll tell the 3/12 dream later; I wrote it down somewhere...

Total Vortex Dreams I've had This Offseason: 6.5 (there was yet another dream I had earlier this week that had Vortex in it, but only for a moment or two)

• Like 8

I had yet ANOTHER dream last night; the only ride that appeared for the duration of this dream was none other than...The Bat!!

I had dreamt once again that it was Media Day (this time Media Day was during the daylight hours, unlike my previous dream ;)) and The Bat was open along with Banshee (which I REALLY hope that is true on the real Media Day). But the paint job was incomplete; there was still a tiny section or two of the ride that was still its previous gray color. Even the trains had not been repainted - they were still their gray, black and red colors instead of the back and orange. I got in line for the front seat. I was one of the first there, so I would be on the first train of the day. The line was short enough for marathoning (the queue's back rows had no one in them!). That is, until a whole group of other attendees got there. There was a guard at the front of the line; in order to ride, we had to show a special pass which was this yellow slip of paper that we found in the lanyards we wore (like the ones we had on September 8, except they were for Media Day, not the Birthday Bash). Mine was there, but I ended up not finding it until it was too late - the first train was all ready to go, and I wasn't on it. Worse, the dream ended before I had a chance to "ride." Even if I did, it would be nothing like the real life experience.

Note to self: I'm really glad riding FD/The Bat in real life isn't nearly as complicated as in a dream. :)

Since this dream did not have Vortex in it, the total number of Vortex dreams I've had this offseason remains at 6.5.

• Like 4