Kings Island Dreams

DanielRadsgrl

Phew, my dream last night was amazing. It was Woodstock Gliders GP Day and instead of just WSG being installed, The Beast got a RMC treatment. I was chauffeured by a golf cart back to The Beast (It was dreary and wet) and was the first one in the front car. That thing flew after the first drop, no mid course brake run, it literally flew up the last chain link and took off down the helices. Maybe it was just because of the rain but man, that thing was swift, but I would prefer the wooden style any day. Then after I went back, TR:TR was operating and I finally got to the WSG and marathoned that at least 3 times, but I forgot my camera! I was so frustrated with not having it; but then I lucid dreamed and remembered that I was dreaming and to start to put together a small package for the trip to make sure I have everything.

Darn you spell check!

• Like 1

Phew, my dream last night was amazing. It was Woodstock Gliders GP Day and instead of just WSG being installed, The Beast got a RMC treatment. I was chauffeured by a golf cart back to The Beast (It was dreary and wet) and was the first one in the front car. That thing flew after the first drop, no mid course break run...

Sounds like a nightmare.

And I certainly hope it wouldn't break midcourse.

Son of Beast already tried that act...

Terp, who probably should give it a brake.

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

I had a dream last night that the local ballpark facility where I played Little League and high school baseball added an orange RMC coaster. It wasn't open to the public yet, but for some reason I was allowed to ride, and it was awesome. I remember wanting to take pictures to make a trip report, but I forgot my camera! :)

I really need to ride one of these beasts.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Last night I had an extended dream where I was trying to get ready for season pass preview night, but things kept getting in the way. Eventually, it was 7:30 and I wasn't showered or dressed and wouldn't get to the park until 8 even if I left right then, so I gave up. The dream went on to Saturday morning and I was still encountering obstacles from getting to the park for Opening Day.

Finally, I woke up to the point I realized what day it actually was and that opening was still a week away, and that was the hardest blow of all.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Big Ol' Bump

Last night, I had one of the weirdest dreams I had had about Kings Island, I guess this was sometime in the future and I did not see Vortex in my dream, they were starting to tear down The Beast and I was like "NO!!!!!" and they tore up the turnaround before the lift first and then they worked all the way to the helix. I was heartbroken in my dream.

• Like 5

This isn't technically a dream, but a strange phenomenon that occurs in the middle of my sleep.

Ever since I started working rides for as much as I do, I will wake up in the middle of the night and stay awake for at least an hour, thinking I'm still on the job. 

I get self conscious sometimes because I'm in pajamas while working. There are multiple times where I wake up in the morning fully clothed in a non-sleeping outfit. 

I freak out because I'm not checking bars or saying "clear", but dispatching the train anyways. 

But there's a part of me saying, "Justin, it's two in the morning and you're in bed at home." It's seriously starting to freak me out. I can't control it. But there are some nights where I actually do think I'm working. And then I start feeling bad if I don't talk to a guest or if I'm not doing my job right. While trying to sleep in my bed. 

Someone help..

• Like 8

Jdawg1998 - I would say it is likely some combination of exhaustion and stress. Your brain might be working through all the "what-ifs" of the job that are now ingrained like muscle memory.

If it helps, when I get very stressed, sick, or overworking myself to the point of mental exhaustion, I find myself sleep walking and talking. A friend and I shared a room for a work trip and I woke him up in the middle of the night by talking in my sleep - with the intro to our script as though it was really happening. He woke up in a panic thinking he was sleeping through a program. I had no memory of it. There are similar funny stories from family and roommates. It still happens as I've woken up in the middle of a sleep walking episode.

When I realize it's happening, I make sure to refocus on eating healthy, balancing work and rest, and even exercise can help. I've had friends say yoga and meditation helps them.

• Like 5

This is a few nights ago.   Before this I was thinking about KICentral and how everyone was talking about how nice the Eiffel Tower is at Kings Dominion being nicely painted,  and how ours needs a new paint job!  And I was watching one of the Eiffel Tower videos on Youtube at KD from this year,  wishing they would do ours.  I was in the dream and walking in I could tell they repainted our Eiffel Tower with new paint!  I was so happy!  I went right up to the line and went in the elevator and got to the top,  and yup it was true,  everything was repainted!  It felt like a few minutes I was up on the top level and then woke up, and was mad it was just a dream!  Ahh well someday soon I hope! 

• Like 5

2 nights ago.

Some how found myself walking with Chugh43 down the path away from The Beast, towards Coney Mall. It was pitch black, and somehow I deciphered it to be around 3 am. I was in panic mode, I remember saying " Don's going to be mad ". Chugh43 responds, "It'll be ok" . I look around and see Vortex, it has solid black supports, with white rails and spine, black cross ties. (looked very cool btw). As we walked on toward Coney Mall, Zodiac was there. Something woke me up at that point. I have no idea why we were there, or Zodiac for that matter, lol. I hated that ride. 

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

Last night I had a dream about Son of Beast. I think it took place in 2012, and it seemed like it was after it's closure was announced. But I was at Kings Island, and the ride was operating, for the first time in 3 years. I think the park wasn't too crowded, but I knew at least Son of Beast would have a long line, considering it hadn't been open for three years. For some reason I decided to go on some other rides before Son of Beast, and, of course, the dream stopped before I got on Son of Beast. And now I really miss Son of Beast. 

The dream reminded me a lot of when I was at Six Flags Great America back in June. Goliath had been closed for a few weeks before I went, and I wasn't very optimistic it would open. But when I walked by the ride, I actually saw a train testing! We asked an employee if they had any idea if the ride would open today, and they said it would be a while, but still on that same day, which was all that mattered. Sure enough, I got to ride it that night, and it was amazing!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I just dreamt that KI was bringing back Winterfest. I was amazed because I hadn't heard any rumors or announcements, just a small mention of "Peanuts celebrating with Santa" on the back of a flyer I got at the parking tolls, and later a small ad I saw on the back of a park map.

Wish I could post a picture of the "proof", as I was trying to do in the dream before I woke up :)

• Like 7

When I dream about places like KI, it's typically my own alternate "bizaro" version. I have alternate versions of other places too that I frequent in my dreams such as an alternate version of my hometown. It's weird how consistent they are in their inconsistency with reality even if the dreams take place months or years apart. One place I hope to not return to is alternate Carowinds. That place sucked haha. 

• Like 4

When I dream about Kings Island (which is very often), it looks totally different then what it actually looks like even though I'd say that I know Kings Island better than any place I have ever know. Also Boo Blasters/Scooby Doo/Phantom Theater in my dream is a water boat ride, and is pitch dark, and very unusual. International Street is at the back of the park, also The Beast is all one big tunnel. In my dreams, it seems like the park is so big that I tend to get lost. Many things are different in my dreams about Kings Island that wouldn't be true in reality.

• Like 4

I just dreamt that KI was bringing back Winterfest. I was amazed because I hadn't heard any rumors or announcements, just a small mention of "Peanuts celebrating with Santa" on the back of a flyer I got at the parking tolls, and later a small ad I saw on the back of a park map.

Wish I could post a picture of the "proof", as I was trying to do in the dream before I woke up :)

So you weren't just dreaming about KI, you were dreaming about KIC as well! :D

• Like 5

I always dream there are massive, popular rides in the parking lot. Early Saturday morning I awoke from a dream that there was a "ski-jump" water slide (multi-colored track (I do dream in color!), which accelerates the rider up over a 200-foot 'ramp,' and you have to control your "landing" on any one of three "catch" slides that are over the entrance to the Picnic Grove. I woke up because, while in flight, I knew I was going to miss the catch slides and slam into the ground (I was face-up, and couldn't see the landing slides), and I was laughing uncontrollably. I "hit" just as I woke up.

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

Last night I dreamt that I was on my computer looking at KICentral and I saw a topic about Vortex being torn down, including a picture that had a construction vehicle tearing apart the final brake run WITH A TRAIN ON IT!!! :wacko:

It looked so real that I thought it was real (KICentral and Vortex were both their normal color schemes in the dream which only magnified the realness)! I even thought, "I guess my ride count will stay at 300. Good thing I took the 300th ride on Closing Day!"

Thankfully, the dream ended before I started crying. Once I woke up, I thought, "I'm SOOOOOOO glad it was only a dream!!!!!" My winter enjoyment, as well as my Christmas spirit, would've taken quite a downturn if it were not...

Realistically, when Vortex's end does come for real (which hopefully is still a ways off), I know Kings Island respects it enough to have a special celebration on its last days of operation. They would never randomly tear down a historic coaster in the middle of December. :P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream last night (or was it this morning, when I went back to bed?) where it was Opening Day and I only rode one thing (I don't remember what that was, maybe Viking Fury?). I was going to ride Flight of Fear and two other coasters, but I was all it's ok, I have all season

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same experience. I recently had a dream where there was a path going straight back from the Eiffel Tower, where the floral clock is (which was blocked off when I wanted to go that way, as they were setting up a "man food" festival, so I had to take the other path, the real one that goes back toward Beast).

When I dream about my house, it's never my actual house either, even though in my dream there's no question that's what it is. I guess that spaces inside our brains don't reflect reality very well.

• Like 4

So, I just had a REALLY weird dream.

It was opening day, and my mom, boyfriend, brother (who doesn't speak to us) were there with me. There was a new ride, on the lake (which is apparently behind Racer?) and we were gonna get on. It closed for a while, but we waited and it re-opened within like, 10 minutes. I decided I didn't want to ride, and was gonna see what else was new. I went over to Backlot (which was where Attitudes is?) but I found out it had been moved, to Action Zone. There was a different ride there, that from a distance I thought was Backlot, with different cars. When I found out it wasn't, I decided to try the new ride. It was a racing like thing, where you can race against AIs if there aren't any other people to race against. It was $ .50 to ride. The Ride Ops weren't gonna let me on, because of my injured hip. I was on crutches, and in an air boot that went up over my knee. (I actually have a bad hip, but it's not in this mythical air boot.) I convinced then to let me on, but they weren't gonna send out the AIs, because if you win the race, you win prizes, so we were just gonna do a prize-free race. I was doing well, so they sent out the AIs anyway, and before they could do anything to me, I beat them. I cracked 2 of the 3 new cars on opening day. I felt awful about it. When we got back to the station/finish line, I got out and they handed me a box, and congratulated me. I went on my way back to meet up with the other 3, and looked at the box. It contained $8,000. When I got over to Zephyr, they were about to get on, and I made motions to my mom saying "eight thousand" which she didn't understand. When they got off, I showed them, and everyone was so happy. We then went to a flippy swing ride that exists in basically all of my Kings Island dreams. Then I woke up.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

• Like 8