Kings Island Dreams

DanielRadsgrl

Just had a crazy dream. 

I was at the park and there was associates in the Coney Mall area telling whoever would walk by them,  there was a special behind the scene's event today and it was happening in only a few moments (wow lucky me lol).  So there was a bunch of us at the door,  to go pass to the back,  I remember thinking it reminded me of the Coasterstock event with The Racer,  but things back there didn't look like before so I don't know where we was...  They had us get on a bus to drive us around back there,  I got on and in the bus was Don talking to everyone,  after a few moments we was on our way.  The back road back there was not kept up very well, and the bus driver was going pretty fast for driving on that sort of road.  After driving a little ways they showed us where they kept some of the old stuff they don't use anymore,  and a few moments later there was a ton of tree's back there and Don was telling us,  they was going to be used for next year and he then told us they would look great once the lights was on them for the Christmas event next year!  I couldn't believe he just told us Winterfest was coming back!  After that the bus ride seemed to go on to no where, we was just driving,  everyone finally had enough and told him to turn around,  he did a few minutes later and on our way back I woke up,  I woke up couldn't believe Winterfest was coming back, then realized it was just a dream!! 

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

Crazy Dream I had Friday Night and still remember the events!

BeastForever, The Interpreter, Malem and I all go to Kings Island in my dream. We ride Firehawk first! I for some reason against all instinct in real life take out my phone and post parts of the Ride POV on my Snapchat Story. We ride it three times and then we go once more and we get stuck. Greg Scheid and Don appear for some odd reason and help us evacuate. I nearly fall off the ride and almost slip off the catwalk, but then I get helped back up by BeastForever and Malem. We all then go over to Banshee and ride in the front seat, The rides layout is not much different from real life. We all go to the Coca-Cola store and we buy some souvenirs and such with me buying some candy and souvenirs. Malem and BeastForevers transaction comes through fine but then The Interpreters transaction doesn't, the cashier does not know how to operate the cash machine it seems, then The Interpreter unplugs the SD card and Hard Drive and plugs it back in, for some reason now everything is fixed! He reveals to us all he is a high-tech computer engineer to our surprise.  :lol: The dream ends with all of us riding Racer!

Sounds alright but then my second dream is weirder where I am Chandler from Friends and Monica is shot by somebody and is about to die and Rachel comes into the Hospital room and she breaks down on my shoulders while I do the same.... the dream ends there. 

Quite possibly the two weirdest dreams I can remember having this year.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I just dreamt that KI was bringing back Winterfest. I was amazed because I hadn't heard any rumors or announcements, just a small mention of "Peanuts celebrating with Santa" on the back of a flyer I got at the parking tolls, and later a small ad I saw on the back of a park map.

Wish I could post a picture of the "proof", as I was trying to do in the dream before I woke up :)

A year later... Dreams do come true! :D

• Like 12

• 1 month later...

I had a dream last night/this morning that I was at the park and lockers cost $91 (yes, seriously!). So, I was trying to stash my stuff in my fanny pack the whole time. I walked through the right side of I-Street and then I was in Coney Mall. Also, I went through a walk-through in that apparently turned into Urgent Scare at night (it wasn't where Urgent Scare typically is, though, but I exited near the WindSeeker end of Coney, though I don't know if WindSeeker was there). Finally, I really wanted to ride our floorless coaster Dominator (yes, the floorless coaster that is current at KD; in my dream I think that we had it) so I had to trek back from the back of Coney.

However, I woke up while walking back from Coney.

• Like 5

I had a dream last night/this morning that I was at the park and lockers cost $91 (yes, seriously!). So, I was trying to stash my stuff in my fanny pack the whole time. I walked through the right side of I-Street and then I was in Coney Mall. Also, I went through a walk-through in that apparently turned into Urgent Scare at night (it wasn't where Urgent Scare typically is, though, but I exited near the WindSeeker end of Coney, though I don't know if WindSeeker was there). Finally, I really wanted to ride our floorless coaster Dominator (yes, the floorless coaster that is current at KD; in my dream I think that we had it) so I had to trek back from the back of Coney.

However, I woke up while walking back from Coney.

I wish we had Dominator!

No KI dreams... Yet!

• Like 2

I've had little other than KI dreams the past few nights. My favorites:

Anyone who spends much time with me at the park knows I'm always almost compulsively on the lookout for change and other interesting things on the ground. In my dream, I found several different pieces of foreign paper money in quick succession. Then I learned that Don Helbig is an excellent forger and had been producing fake money to leave around to entertain people like me :)

In another dream, myself and friends got to ride Mystic Timbers even though it wasn't finished yet. Because it wasn't finished, we were left in a big field at the end, and had to hike back to the park. The ride had a big station building that they decided it didn't actually need. There was this whole section that had been going to be used as queues but they decided not to. So, I was going to be able to move in. I was in a hurry to do so, so I could enjoy it as long as possible before the winter, because it didn't have full walls :D

• Like 6

I have had so many Kings Island dreams in the past, so its kind of hard for me to choose just one. However most of my dreams of Kings Island is basically me trying to get their but something always happens and I never make it there. Other times if I get to Kings Island in my dreams, it looks totally different, though I know the park better than I know my own backyard. Has anybody else had this experience before?

• Like 1

I also have had dreams where I'm trying to get to KI but things get in the way. And I think it is more rare that I will dream a part of KI that actually agrees with reality than for it to look completely different. I'm that way with most locations, like if I dream I'm in my house, it doesn't look anything like my real house.

• Like 3

I had a dream a few months ago, that I was back working for the park and was required to do a lift walk on Diamondback (that I've done in real life)...as I walked the lift I became more and more nervous as I reached the top. Up there I looked around, observed and listened for the trains as they were testing (which wouldn't happen in real life). Suddenly a huge wind blew and my harness came undone, sending me toward the ground near the soccer game. All of the sudden, I heard 3, 2, 1, fly and heard screams coming my way. No sooner did I look, the person on Xtreme Skyflyer, connected with my falling body, caught me and we proceeded to land safely. 

I hope it's a little bit longer until my next lift walk. Even it it's not, I'll make sure to double and triple my safety mechanisms. 

• Like 6

I just had a dream last night. It was weird, yet I still thought it could be real. It took place at Kings Island and for some reason we had the ability to fly. We were divided into teams and we were searching for some kind of objects that we would fly up to the cloud corresponding with our team symbol and color. My team symbol was a star and it would flash yellow-orange (like dandelion). So a few times I would fly up and the more objects we collected, the brighter the team cloud would glow. Other teams had the ability to steal what my team cloud had, because sometimes I would fly back and find my cloud dark until I activated it again.

Then at some point in the dream the other teams were teaming up against me and someone was holding a needle (like one used for shots) and was about to poke me with it which would take away my ability to fly. But I escaped just in time and flew toward the back of the park, which strangely enough had rides still open even though it is already the offseason! I reached Vortex, only to find that its trains looked more like Adventure Express' trains, AND the riders sat facing sideways (like on a subway)! The restraints looked like the skinnier shoulder harnesses seen on Arrow's first few looping and suspended coasters. I found an empty seat, lifted the harness, and climbed on. Even though we faced sideways, we somehow still faced forward when the train disembarked and ascended the lift hill! The ride layout was fairly accurate compared to its real life counterpart, though I don't remember much about what happened as the dream ended soon after that.

I don't know what the flying and the clouds had to do with Kings Island (other than it taking place there) but the part with Vortex was especially interesting; if this was in real life, we wouldn't be able to even ride Vortex because all three of its trains are in maintenance being disassembled as we speak! :P But I would certainly love being able to fly!! :lol:

One week into the offseason. Let the dreams begin!

2016-2017 Vortex Dreams: 1

• Like 4

I had an extremely weird dream.

It was like, the last day of operation, and I was there with friends. I went to get my green souvenir cup refilled (I only bought the orange ones) and the guy filling it made a reference to my favorite TV show, The Mentalist. Because I got the reference, he said he wasn't going to charge me the $5 refill fee (which, wasn't it $1 this season?) so that was pretty cool. But he looked familiar, and I couldn't figure out why. I thought about it the rest of the day around the park, and ran back to the drink stand where he was, (between Banshee and The Bat, where there isn't a drink stand) and he was gone. So I walked into the arcade in Action Zone, (weird) and he was there! I asked him about it, and found out he had been on the Mentalist, as an extra that should have been edited out, but because I have a set with bonus features, it showed him. He was a horse handler on the one episode. I found out he only made the reference because of the stuffed tiger I was holding.(No idea where I got it.)

He had said "Tyger Tyger" and I responded with "Burning Bright" which is a reference to the William Blake(?) poem, The Tyger, which the serial killer Red John used on The Mentalist.

"Tyger Tyger Burning Bright

In the forest of the night

What immortal hand or eye,

Could frame thy fearful symmetry?" is the verse used in the show.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I had another one recently. The park was either closed to the public or very very light crowds, so I was able to ride Vortex alone suspended from the track in a harness kind of like EXtreme Skyflyer's (which in reality would be a good way to take a face full of steel, but it worked in the dream :)) Even as I was dreaming that I was soaring along, I thought to myself "I'm so spoiled that I get to have opportunities like this!" and felt grateful.

From the air, I had noticed I could see Mystic Timbers' construction area from a unique angle so once I was on the ground, I walked over to look. There was a small concrete wall and beyond was a vast valley, filled with small log cabins, which I had never noticed before, and the new coaster looked like it was going to be rushing over them. It occurred to me maybe they were going to bring back camping to Kings Island's property.

I wanted to get a pic and realized I wasn't wearing shoes, so I went to get my stuff I apparently left somewhere before flying Vortex. Around then I woke up.

• Like 3

I just had  a dream last night where I was with a group at Kings Island on a special offseason tour. We were walking on the path between Diamondback and Backlot Stunt Coaster, and I clearly remember prancing down the path with widespread arms, clearly out of the joy of once again being surrounded by rides. The sky was cloudy and it was cold, clearly giving away the time of year. I look toward Vortex and, lo and behold, it was operating WITH RIDERS! We walk behind Vortex where all the associates working the ride were gathered in a fenced area. I asked one of them why Vortex was open, and he responded saying that today they were opening the park at 6 p.m. for the community to enjoy for one day. I looked at a nearby clock, which showed a time after 6, and thought "I don't want to miss my family dinner..." (my family is actually having a big dinner tonight :lol:) but I decided to stay to ride. I noticed Vortex's queue was mirrored, as the riders were queuing and boarding from the left side of the train instead of the right side like in real life.

I think this dream had to do with a post from Six Flags Great Adventure that I saw on Instagram about their "Holiday in the Park" event, as well as seeing a post here about Dollywood's "Smoky Mountain Christmas" event. I bet going to a park in the winter would be fun!

2016-2017 Vortex Dreams: 2

• Like 2

I had a brief KI dream either last night or this morning: I was at Festhaus with some other KICers and someone (it may have been BoddaH1994) brought up "Harry and the Hendersons". I looked at my watch and it was 10. However, I don't remember if it was AM or PM, but I could see it was dark out as I think one of the back doors was opened (as in, one of the doors that leads to Action Zone).

For the record, I've never seen "Harry and the Hendersons", however, it was mentioned during a sketch comedy show I saw Friday night, so that's probably where that came from...

• Like 3

I had quite the KI dream this past Sunday...

Ok so I go to KI right. And it's closing day this year year or something. I go with my mom and everything. Except it's a freaking beach and everything and there's a sea and stuff like that but there's water slides into the sea, it is almost exactly kind of like Soak City and even the waves from the sea are timed every 5 minutes, the water slides are essentially the same but it is so very similar to Sand Key Beach in Clearwater Florida that I vacationed in last year.  I continue having fun until it's like 5:45. I ditch my family and instead go and go to Kings Island. The beach and ocean are somehow right next to Kings Island though Kings Island somehow appears to be in the same climate and everything. Somehow all of the KICers magically appear. I realize I only have 30 minutes until close. So I take as many pictures as I can. We somehow get access to right under Banshee. And we chill there. Right under the lift hill, I get no worries from my mom but then one of my childhood meances comes and says for me to make her happy I should call her or else everybody could get punished because my mom would be angry. So I do call ym mother but for some reason it's redirected. It is Lou Dobbs from Fox Business and he is in a recording or something saying "She cannot be reached at the moment, as she is currently under federal investigation!" So I can't call my mom so it redirects to that same statement everytime.  But like I've tried my best to get great photos but I can't because my camera seems to out focus for some reason and it is making me SO angry because I can take the perfect picture but I cant for some reason, ugh!.  and for some reason instead of AE being in that place it is dragon fire from cw instead and idk it's so weird because it is different from how it is in real life.  Then some people like my Instagram photos and then my dad does and I start to call my dad and it ends there. 

SO. WEIRD.
  • Like 6

I had a dream in June that I visited the park and they were playing orchestral music on I-Street and all the storefronts still were themed to European countries.  Everything was a mirror image of where it should have been and the themed lands had different names.  And there were different coasters, but a few were the same. 

Then I realized I wasn't dreaming, I was awake and at Kings Dominion. 

Words can't express how much I loved this park!

• Like 5

The park was either closed to the public or very very light crowds, so I was able to ride Vortex alone suspended from the track in a harness kind of like EXtreme Skyflyer's (which in reality would be a good way to take a face full of steel, but it worked in the dream :))

First I dream-predicted Winterfest, now this!

https://www.facebook.com/AmericanCoasterEnthusiasts/photos/a.10150090246943145.268684.33053518144/10154449984213145/?type=3

15068878_10154449984213145_3850760577453

But, don't do it to Vortex! Or maybe do! But it would kill capacity :)

• Like 6

I had another KI dream, or rather, about getting to KI. I really wanted to go to Haunt to visit Sam, but several things seemed to deter me from said goal, such as me being in the car with someone who was going the wrong way (as in, not towards Kings Island) and meeting someone only to find out they wanted to use me for some experiment or something. I don't remember if I ever made it to Haunt in my dream, though.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So, KI was a large part of my dream last night...

I walked out of Festhaus to notice that Slingshot is gone (in the dream, Slingshot is where Delirium is now) and somehow, Son of Beast is still standing (however, it's SBNO, as I noticed in the dream). I also rode this Monster-like ride where you boarded in a house, which opened up so you could spin around. The ride ended with you and another in a parachute, having to either ride the currents or drop down quickly and make your way back to the park. I ended up in this weird neighborhood and was trying to think of how to get back in the park.

• Like 6

I was just napping and woke up from a dream about Mystic Timbers.

My husband and I were standing in a courtyard that was before the queue line. There was sort of a decorative mountainside to one side. There weren't many people around, but somebody hit a button beside the "mountain" and I realized that was supposed to start up some sort of animatronic show farther down the mountain from where I could see. It also started a weather effect, though, and big fans and misters above the queue line started up and it felt like we were in a sudden storm. 

I'm upset I woke up before I got to ride. 

• Like 7

I dreamed one day earlier this week that Brent Spiner was trying to explain to me what was inside the shed on Mystic Timbers. I then realized I was asleep with Star Trek: The Next Generation on the TV. So, apparently, according to my dreams, there's a "Type-M Planet" inside that shed.

I gotta turn the TV off before turning in. Oy.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

The end part of this dream has to with Kings Island.  

I had a dream I was riding Millennium Force in the front row, and I was bracing so much for the bottom of the drop. As soon as the train got to the bottom the huge drop the track turned into Adventure Express' track. It was going the same speed as Millennium Force would be going but through the quick turns and tunnels of Adventure Express. I was terrified.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Within the past month I had three more dreams:

The first was of Vortex receiving a new paint job (which I still eagerly hope it does soon), except its supports had stripes with different shades of blue instead of the one shade of dark blue seen in real life. I think this had something to do with my reading of fellow KICers' posts on agreeing that Vortex should be repainted at some point or another for its 30th anniversary. I must be that excited...

The second had the most unlikely/unrealistic storyline. This dream consisted of Vortex having an "accident" during its testing which would throw its future into limbo, and it was broadcast on the news in the form of helicopter footage showing one of the trains laying in pieces below the bottom of the first drop. Again, this was all a dream and in real life this would never happen; otherwise, Vortex wouldn't have made it to 30. :)

The third, which I just had last night, had me greatly relieved when I woke up. I dreamed that the 2017 season had just started and news had been spread that Vortex was closing permanently and its last day would be June 9th. I was thinking "So I only get to work on Vortex for a WEEK?!" (since I plan to start working in the first week of June) and "Well, so much for its 30th anniversary season..." and could hardly process all the "details" as they had hit me like a bag of bricks...

I believe this dream had something to do with a KICer's post I read a month or two ago which predicted that Vortex would close in August of 2018, and my earnest hope that Vortex would still be around past 2018 (of course barring any unforeseen circumstances), and hopefully around long enough for me to take my 1,000th Vortex ride. My, what a celebration that would be!

If I do visit Kings Island on Friday, June 9, 2017, I will remember this dream and be very thankful that it was only a dream as I go to ride Vortex for the nowhere-near-last time on that day. :D

2016-2017 Offseason Vortex Dreams: 5

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I just had a very strange Mystic Timbers dream last night that I was at Kings Island (just after being there yesterday) and I remember being on the walkway underneath Diamondback and I was wondering why Mystic Timbers was between The Beast and the old Crypt building. When I was walking up to the entrance I notice that Don Helbig, Greg Scheid, Mike Koontz, and other management team members standing and looking at the station of Mystic Timbers.

All of a sudden they announced they are closing and moving the ride over to the other side of the old Crypt building. Within seocnds somehow it was moved to the spot where it is now. Everyone was upset and wondering why they would do this. All of a sudden they had the station and the chain lift up in the right spot, but the droo was facing the other way. Then they began to have a meeting inside the station where I was included in discussing (for some reason) what the plan is for the rest of Mystic Timbers. 

I offered the idea adding onto the shed, then someone stated, "Yeah, that's a great idea. How about we move it to the middle of the ride? Then have a launch coming out of the shed." As soon as that happened I woke up to a loud sound of thunder. 

Kind of a confusing story but was cool dreaming about being in a planning meeting. (Which would be cool to do someday)

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I had another KI dream last night. In a odd twist, it began with a commercial for the then-new WaterWorks Waterpark in 1989. It was a cheesy 80's commercial where a male kid cheered on his sister while she rode a racing mat slide. Then the commercial ended, but the dream didn't.

I was suddenly at Kings Island...in 1989. Riding Vortex, which back then was still very new. It had the exact same layout as it does IRL and everything. As I exited the ride, I looked and it had a huge line. Went over to The Beast- it also had a huge line but I waited anyway, it still had its old skid brakes and everything but most of the ride was a blur in my dream. Next I turned back and headed down the Coney Mall Midway- Racer had no line so I got in line for it, I chose backwards but for some reason still ended up getting the forwards train. The train had no seat belts, head rests, seat dividers or anything- just a flimsy buzz bar. The train dispatched and my dream fast forwarded the rest of the ride (Layout was accurate: it felt smooth and had tons of airtime in the dream). Then a jump cut happened and for whatever reason I was riding the Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad, and I looked over where Diamondback's turnaround and MCBR are now IRL and there were...DUELING Invertigos!?!? (The old yellow & red paintjob was on the left, and the new paintjob was on the right and for some reason was like 10% bigger) That image must have made my mind go "WTF? Dis not right...ABORT!" because then I woke up.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...