Kings Island Dreams

DanielRadsgrl

Night before last, I dreamed that a YouTube buddy (a fellow vlogger whom I've never met) was driving me around the park on a golf cart and I was giving him a tour.  (He is from Louisiana and has never been to KI.)  Suddenly, we were in the middle of the woods and the plot to MT started to take place in real life - somewhat like the video clips that they show in the queue.  The only way for us to escape from the crazy tree monsters was to ride every coaster in the park.  We succeeded, the overgrowth retreated, and all was well.

Last night I was riding all of my favorites - The Beast, MT, AE, The Bat, BB.   This morning when I was hitting snooze (a couple of times ;)) I kept telling myself I would get up after I rode Mysti just one more time. :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Last night I had a dream that I was in the Cincinnati area for some reason and I only had time to go on one ride at KI. I ran for Mystic Timbers. There was no wait and in this dream, you could turn the seats backwards. I chose to ride backwards. 

• Like 3

I had a rather strange dream which involved me being half awake at some point. It's hard to explain.

I dreamed I was back at the helm at Vortex. Upon realizing my placement at the ride's most responsible position, I actually sit up in bed, half awake, and reach for my lamp switch, saying "Gates are closing, please stand clear" while doing so. Of course this turns on my lamp, which I quickly switch off as it's the middle of the night. I then try to look for another switch (which is nonexistent because I have only one switch by my bed) to lock the restraints, but of course I couldn't find it. Fearing the trains stacking and my fellow drivers coming to my post to yell at me thinking I should have not been drive trained, I struggled looking for that nonexistent switch for another minute before giving up and going back to sleep.

Good thing I went back to sleep, because since I wasn't actually driving Vortex, I would have accomplished nothing looking for another light switch by my bedside that doesn't exist. :lol: 

-BFF, who knows just how seriously she does (and must) take her job driving her favorite ride, even in dreams. :) 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Last night I dreamed that I was on my way to Winterfest when I somehow discovered that it was "Princess Night" and costumes were welcomed and encouraged.  When I arrived to the lot and found a spot, I popped my trunk and found a tutu that matched my leggings and a tiara.  Then @Magenta Lizard pulled in next to me and she sprinkled me with glitter.  It was a happy dream.

Side note, and I may cross post this - has KI ever done any kind of themed attire event?  I know Disneyland does Dapper Day, and some dress in Disneybound outfits. (Google it! :) ) I know we have the Peanuts characters, but I'm not that crazy about them. I think it would be fun to dress up a certain way to go to a KI event. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Other than kids dressing in costume for The Great Pumpkin Festival, I'm not sure that there is a dress-up day. However, I have thought about going to KI wearing nice clothes (like they did back in the day- there are old pictures of people at Disneyland wearing nice clothes*), but have never done it.

Here's an article about how people dressed back in the day- http://www.yesterland.com/dressing.html

• Like 1

Last night I dreamt that yesterday was Closing Day (instead of October 29) and how much different things would have been if that was the case in real life, as yesterday’s high of 65 was indeed warm enough for Vortex to open, unlike the 29th where it got no warmer than 42.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, whengodsaysgo said:

Side note, and I may cross post this - has KI ever done any kind of themed attire event?  I know Disneyland does Dapper Day, and some dress in Disneybound outfits. (Google it! :) ) I know we have the Peanuts characters, but I'm not that crazy about them. I think it would be fun to dress up a certain way to go to a KI event. 

That would be fun if they did--to my knowledge, they never have done something like that. For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure Dapper Day is independently organized, and Disneyland (and Disney World, and Disneyland Paris) technically just "host" it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

That would be fun if they did--to my knowledge, they never have done something like that. For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure Dapper Day is independently organized, and Disneyland (and Disney World, and Disneyland Paris) technically just "host" it.

It is! But if KICers can do anything - it's organize things. ;) I just wonder... what?  I'll cross post and see what others think.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Let the 2018 Ride Training Day dreams begin!

Last night I dreamed I was getting retrained at Unload at Vortex, all while I re-realized how much I love working that position as much as I love Dual (and of course, Drive :)). I won't be surprised if at some point I have a dream that I get retrained to drive Vortex, considering how much I enjoy that (and the fact that that dream will most surely come true...again. :P)!

I want to enjoy and celebrate Christmas (14 days!). But SOME PART of me wants to reapply and retrain for the 2018 season already! The struggle is real... :wacko:

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Last night I dreamed I was at the park and was walking up The Bat (1993)'s lift/catwalk (it wasn't where it normally was, but facing in the same direction Banshee's lift currently is) and I came to the end (which was halfway where it normally was). I somehow hung off the ledge and jumped down and was face-to face with the Vortex's lead car (as it was being announced or something?) and somehow I realized I went back in time to the 1980's. I then met up with a friend and watched King Cobra go through its helix and afterwards I bought Pokemon cards (for some reason). When I went to pay, I got out my Platinium Pass and somehow they took the normal discount off (in the dream, I guess I assumed they'd treat it like a Season Pass). 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Last night I had a dream it was KI Opening Day and my one friend kept sitting at the hotel and watching TV and I think I might have been as well. Because of that, we didn't get into the park until late afternoon. :(

And the other night, I had a dream Vortex was at Cedar Point.

• Like 4

I had a dream last night -- not of KI though, but of KI's sister park Kings Dominion. I dreamt I was riding Anaconda to my heart's content (don't judge, I actually like it and it already receives too much hate)!

My mom and I had talked a few weeks back about how an out-of-state amusement park trip would be possible this summer if I got good-enough grades this semester, and I still have not been back to Kings Dominion since April 10, 2012. I think I know where I would want to go should said trip happen...

-BFF, who would love to experience Anaconda's wonderful first drop once again hopefully sometime in the near future, as well as visit Busch Gardens Williamsburg to celebrate Nessie's 40th anniversary this year. :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So, I had a Kings Island dream last night/this morning (well, technically this morning as I didn't go to bed until almost 2 AM!); I was trying to get into the park and realized I only had slippers on, so I was planning to going back out to my car to change, but ended up helping some guy try to plan an event at the park (even though I didn't work at the park in the dream). Also, Banshee was Yellow for some reason (while walking towards the entrance, I thought that Invertigo had its old color scheme, but I was wrong) and we apparently had a floorless coaster (as I was somehow in the park at one point in the dream and was thinking of what order to ride stuff in- Firehawk (and said floorless coaster, I believe it was called Rougarou?), Adventure Express, Banshee, and The Beast were certainly mentioned by me).

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I had a weird but Kings Island related dream. I was at Kings Island, and it was dark-ish (sunset). I decided to ride Mystic Timbers, so I get in the q-line, walk through, and oddly I am the only person in line. I was thinking, oh wow, I was expecting a 1+ hour wait but this looks like it's gonna be a walk-on! It was, there were only a few people in the train (front row was taken so I took the 4th car- it was the green train). The train went out with like 8 people on it total (strangers mostly, I did not recognize them from real life) and this is when stuff really got weird.

We reached the lift hill, and I immediately notice that it is not Mystic Timbers 109 foot lift hill. No, it was MUCH bigger- over 200+ feet high! And it was very, very loud. It was at this point I realized that this was NOT Mystic Timbers, it was Son of Beast! Using Mystic Timbers GCI trains! We reached the top of the lift, and then the ride began with the dip and huge drop and then the helix, it was basically Son of Beast's correct layout, and the helix actually had good laterals. It was also pretty smooth actually, which I assume is because for whatever reason in this dream, GCI had re-built the coaster since it was using their trains and stuff. And yes, it had the loop. The ending of the ride was a bit modified, the final hill had actual airtime and the last turn was banked a bit more than on the OG Son of Beast. Then we hit the brakes, entered the station (which still felt more like Mystic Timbers station than SOB's) and the ride ops did the usual "Welcome back Son of Beast riders, how was that ride?!?!" and for 8 people it got a pretty good pop. I undid my lap bar and seat belt, and got off, and woke up.

So in summary: In my dream, I rode Son of Beast, rebuilt by GCI with Loop, with Mystic Timbers styled trains. To make it even weirder, this was NOT during a long sleep- I took a short 1 hour nap and had this entire dream during it. Woke up refreshed though, and suddenly craving to ride Mystic Timbers. :P (Can't ride Son of Beast since it was demolished)

• Like 5

On 5/9/2018 at 10:11 PM, McSalsa said:

in summary: In my dream, I rode Son of Beast, rebuilt by GCI with Loop, with Mystic Timbers styled trains. To make it even weirder, this was NOT during a long sleep- I took a short 1 hour nap and had this entire dream during it. Woke up refreshed though, and suddenly craving to ride Mystic Timbers. :P (Can't ride Son of Beast since it was demolished)

Sounds like a great dream!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I literally had a dream in which my girlfriend and I were at Kings Island we got on Boo Blasters but half-way through the ride it stopped and everyone was told to evacuate the ride well we went towards the exit and once we got there I noticed that the ride had been transported to Universal Studios in Florida. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I had another dream last night. This one was a bit more unique though. The dream begins, and I had either just invented or acquired a time machine watch thing. I didn't have to worry about altering timelines because nothing the "watch thing" did was permanent, though I could grab items from the past and bring them into the future without affecting anything somehow. But how does this relate to Kings Island? Well, first place I went with the watch was, Kings Island...

...April 29th, 1972!

Poof! Now suddenly I am at Kings Island, its grand opening day. I see International Street, in its original form, with the Eiffel Tower and Sky Ride ahead. I head over and go to ride...The Racer. Back when it was brand new, with buzz bars and the cool OG paintjob and all. The ride runs great and smooth, and I got lots of airtime (further boosted by the very un-restrictive restraint system). I get off and randomly decide to advance a few years.

Now, it's...1979! Which means 1 thing: The Beast has arrived! But before I ride Beast, I head over and ride Screamin' Demon. A simple ride (it was the same as the real one was- launch, loop, backwards launch, ride ends) but it was fun in the dream. Then I head over to ride Beast and the wait is...3 HOURS (probably common back in 1979 TBH)! So I use another feature of the watch thing and speed up time so the 3 hours goes by super quick. Then I ride The Beast, in its original form. Then I decide it is time for another time jump...

Now, we arrive back at Kings Island, but in 1981. I head over to The Bat and...it's broken down! But mechanics are trying to fix it. So I head over to Beast again, wait in line for "3 Hours" again, and by the time I get off my 2nd Beast ride (which now had tunnels and the early changes done) I see The Bat testing, head over, and it opens just as I show up to it. I get on, we climb the lift hill (which sounded just like modern-day Bat) and drop and begin swooping and turning among the trees. After I get off, I think "That blows Firehawk outta da water, my new favorite defunct coaster so far...". Then I hear the ride ops on Bat say over the intercom: "Attention guests waiting for The Bat, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties. We do not know when The Bat will re-open..." And I think again. "Oh fudge, guess that's common for The Bat though. Well, time to go to 1984 for King Cobra!" And then I woke up.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a bizarre dream last night. It started with my family and I at Cedar Point, where my mom told me we had to go home to Wilmette, Illinois because a nuke was going to destroy our house. We got there in about 3 hours, and when we got home, we saw everyone walking in the street. Apparently, the nuke was a false alarm, but we couldn't go back to the Point because I-90 was closed. So we started unpacking, but all of the sudden, 5 police cars and all the RMC vehicles pulled up in front of our house and Alan Schilke and the Wilmette Police chief got out of their cars and spoke clearly through the bullhorn. They told us we'd have to leave temporarily so that RMC can convert our house into the world's first hybrid house. We left and started walking to my friend's house, when Tony Clark appeared. He told me that the reason Cedar Point purchased Budget Host Inn was because it was an obstacle in the way of them having complete control of Castaway Bay (the body of water along Cleveland Road.) Then, the dream ended.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MaxxForce said:

I had a bizarre dream last night. It started with my family and I at Cedar Point, where my mom told me we had to go home to Wilmette, Illinois because a nuke was going to destroy our house. We got there in about 3 hours, and when we got home, we saw everyone walking in the street. Apparently, the nuke was a false alarm, but we couldn't go back to the Point because I-90 was closed. So we started unpacking, but all of the sudden, 5 police cars and all the RMC vehicles pulled up in front of our house and Alan Schilke and the Wilmette Police chief got out of their cars and spoke clearly through the bullhorn. They told us we'd have to leave temporarily so that RMC can convert our house into the world's first hybrid house. We left and started walking to my friend's house, when Tony Clark appeared. He told me that the reason Cedar Point purchased Budget Host Inn was because it was an obstacle in the way of them having complete control of Castaway Bay (the body of water along Cleveland Road.) Then, the dream ended.

Really cool dream @MaxxForce!

I don't really remember all of the details, but I had a dream last night where I walked into the park opening day, to find a big wooden box labeled "Mack" on it....there was a sign near it that encouraged park go-ers to open this "viewing window." So I did, and when I looked in, I saw coaster trains like Time Traveler at SDC. 

That's all I remember though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last night, I had a dream it was Opening Day, complete with the Antique Autos being open. Of course, I was working in the dream so I was at Vortex and WindSeeker.

Quite fitting that I had this dream on the night of February 20, right as our Opening Day wait entered the less-than-two-months phase. :)

(I also have had at least 4-5 other related dreams in the past month and a half)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Really weird one last night! Brace yourselves:

I was walking around a Kings Island expansion talking to a climate change skeptic. The thing was it was 12 degrees out! The skeptic pointed to the snow that was falling and said, "If the planet is getting warmer, explain the weather today." I launched into this long, scientific explanation about how manmade greenhouse gasses are weakening the Jet Stream and allowing the polar Vortex to spread. He then sighed and said, "You convinced me." Next thing I know, I was at a party at a house in Cincinnati, pinning together a map of the US that showed all the amusement parks and their corresponding soda. I finish the map and it disappears, revealing a plastic cup of soda. I drink it, then go to the dining room and pick up 15 cans of Sprite. While I am drinking the Sprite, a magazine about the history of Coke shows up in my hands and I start reading. Then, I jump forward in time when everyone at the party is being chased by a monster. 

Whatever I did before bed is now off-limits. I am done having these ridiculous dreams.

• Like 2