Kings Island Dreams

DanielRadsgrl

A while back (don't remember when), I had a dream where KI took my season pass from me because I was throwing rocks at people.

Now, why I was throwing rocks at people is another story. I wish I could tell you, but that's all I remember of the dream - and the fact that I was thoroughly disappointed that my own stupidity had resulted in a loss of something that was so much fun to me.

• Like 4

Okay when I woke up this morning I thought to myself saying "now that, I am putting on that KICentral Kings Island dreams thread".

So here is my dream: my dad and I entered the most wounderful park on earth, Kings Island, every thing was normal we headed to Diamondback, and had a awesome (not)ride we then headed to backlot had a normal ride on that. We decided to ride it again, but this time it was different it start with a backward launch that then droped you into warehouse thing and you stopped and the track turn to a different track segment ( like the one at Firehawk ) it then launched us forward up this diffent track. We went up then into a dark room and it "felt" like Flight of Fear then suddenly the lights turned on and it was like a homedepo, it continued to coaster along the track through this home depo until it came to midcourse breack run, but our restraints came up so my dad and I hopped out with the entire train except for this one guy who didn't get in time he was still standing though and the train launched and did what you would expect to happen. I started to look around the ceiling was clear and above us was The Beast exespt half of the first lift hill SSS gone like just a clean cut. I asked my dad where are we? He replied saying this " there used to be a home depo here before you were born"

But every thing look perfect and all modern. Some how we got out and I am not going to depth about that but when we came up we were in river town so we went to Diamondback, witch started off normal but halfway through it the track changed colors into yellow and it started acting like behemoth, suddenly there was no track but the train came to a stop we were evacuated we decided to head home as we came back on international st. The fountIns were not fountains it was a broader lake and with like paddle boats on it. It started to hall so we ran to a breakers hotel where Action Zone would be and dried off there and then I woke up.

There were a lot of weird thing that I did not go into detail about also.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I had a crazy dream about Kings Island last night! The first thing that happened in my dream was that we got to KI and they had re-opened the Son of Beast for a limited time only. This was to give fans of the ride a chance to ride it one last time before it got torn down. The funny thing is that in my dream I knew that the demolition had already begun, so I thought it was weird that it was open again. Anyway, I got in line and took a ride on it again!

After we got off Son of Beast, we decided to go over to Planet Snoopy and take a ride on Boo Blasters. As I approached the ride, I could see that it was no longer Boo Blasters. The ride had been re-themed as something completely different. It was still a dark ride, but it was based on this character who was a bunny or something. There was someone working inside so I asked what happened to Boo Blasters and she said that they decided to re-do it as something different. I thought that was cool so we got in line. The ride made absolutely no sense at all. The individual cars had been replaced by one long train. Everyone boarded at once and went into the main ride. Once inside the ride it was like one part train ride, one part coaster and one part water ride. There was music and characters and stuff like a dark ride, but the track was like a coaster track for a while, then merged into some type of log flume type track with water and all. Everyone was getting wet and I remember thinking how weird it was. Then the ride ended and we got off. Don't remember what happened after that. I think I woke up!

Not sure where that dream came from, but it sure was crazy!

• Like 4

I had a dream two nights ago that a S.O.B sign was installed for his resurection in 2015,he was steel and huge. I remember telling everyone we walked past and my wife was getting annoyed because i wouldnt shut up about it! Dreams can come true but sadly not this one,darn it! :( I guess i could settle for a ferris wheel! :P

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So I had a dream last night that I was at the park with some other KIC'ers and we went to ride DB, but nothing was the same about the ride, trains, paint color, height, the queue was even inside! We all got off disappointed in the changes over the winter.

It seems once the snow hits, the off season blues starts to kick in big time and KI dreams usually are part of my way of dealing with it. Although, I would like a dream where I actually enjoy my day at the park like I do when I actually visit. :)

• Like 4

A week or two ago, I had another Kings Island dream. Unlike other dreams I've had this offseason, this one was shorter and more vague. The only things I remembered from the dream was that I was looking at Vortex from a spot adjacent to WindSeeker's entrance, and I was just watching Vortex's trains do their normal thing. That's it. :( Oh well, a small KI dream is slightly better than no KI dream.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Had a dream last nigh that I showed up at the park and it was opening day. I was with my wife, without the kids. I realized when we got there we forgot to renew our passes. (I do still need to get that done.) We got in a very short line to get them renewed, walked into the park to see Don greeting guests and I spoke to him for a few minutes.

We stared to head into the park, but the park was not normal looking in the dream. (No fountains, no pavers, buildings gone - details must not have been important?) Anyway, we were making our way to Coney Mall and noticed a semi with all 3 Vortex trains on them. I asked my wife what she thought they were doing with them, for they looked like they were heading out of the park. They defiantly has not had any off season work done and looked pretty beat up. I do not remember by wife's response.

I never rode any rides or met up with anyone before waking up from this dream.

• Like 3

I've had many Kings Island dreams, but I'd like to share one I had last night. The whole dream took place in Action Zone. I noticed that Backlot had been moved to Action Zone and that a Son of Beast train was being pulled up in the air by a crane. I was at first confused when I saw the train as I knew the ride had already been demolished. I rode The Beastie (yes, it was called The Beastie in my dream) but it was a kiddie shuttle coaster. Flight Deck was also in the dream.

• Like 2

I had a dream the other night that I was walking around the park, but it was somewhere around the late 90's, the time I took my first trip to the park. The dream wasn't even close to realistic because Drop Tower was in the middle of the park and The Bat was still there, but it was in the front of the park. Usually when I have a dream about Kings Island my mind will add other stuff that has nothing to do with the park. But it does leave me with some interesting dreams.

• Like 2

I just had another Kings Island dream last night.

I dreamt that I was in the Coney Mall area, around by where WindSeeker and Vortex are. The catch was that it was NOT Opening Day (April 27), but the day BEFORE Opening Day (April 26)! So the park was not ready, and I mean NOT READY, to open, yet there were still guests inside! WindSeeker was still testing, but it had a Black Friday-type line (like a line waiting for it to open...on the day before it actually does!) I then got up really close to Vortex's last brake run. There was a train there, but it was still taken apart from when it was in the maintenance building. Also, there were only 1.5 trains actually on the ride, as the other train cars were about to be brought to the ride from the maintenance buildings. Also, there were people's coats all around the disassembled train, (it was as if it were a coat closet with no walls, racks or hangers so all the "coats" had been thrown all over the place). :blink: At that time I decided to see which number train I was looking at, so I looked at the lead car and saw the number 2. My favorite Vortex train, Train #2, was featured in this dream! :D After I realized that, it was "time to go," although it wasn't evening yet. Then the dream ended with me waking up at precisely 8:30 a.m.

This was actually the first KI dream I've had this year, in 2013.

• Like 1

I had kind of a scary dream about KI last night! I dreamed that I was at the park and was in line to ride Diamondback. It wasn't too crowded there, so I could pretty much have my choice of seats. Like always, when I have my choice of seats I choose the very back...it's so much fun! So I get on the ride and I strap myself in and the ride starts.

We go up the lift hill and then down the first hill. The train is really flying down the track! It's such a thrill and I'm having such a good time. However, just as we get to the bottom of the first hill, I happen to look at the track and see that some parts of the track are eroding away, like actually rusting through. We go up the second hill, and then back down. I notice that the track is getting worse the further along we get. We're just about to head towards the turn around section when we hit a part of the track that's completely eroded/rusted through, so much so that the track has come disconnected from itself. The train actually skids off the track and into the grass!

Amazingly no one is hurt. We're all pretty shaken up, but no one is injured. The next thing I remember is the fear that another train could be coming pretty soon and might hit us. We're still strapped into the train at this point! Now we're frantically trying to unlock the harnesses and get everyone off the train. We succeed and manage to get everyone off. Now we're just standing there in the field waiting for someone to notice and to come get us.

I have no idea where this dream came from but it was pretty crazy! I woke up thinking, "What in the world?"

I love KI dreams, even crazy ones like this!

• Like 4

I've been dreaming about KI and CP a lot. In both of them, I am usually just walking around taking in the view. The sky is usually a grayish-blue or really sunny. In my Kings Island dreams like most of you, I dream about Son of Beast. I'm usually walking around and then I hear that magnificient roar of the chain dogs and I see a train ascending the lift. I start runing towards it to go ride it, but then I wake up :(

For some reason I'm usually always riding MF, Rapor or TTD at CP, but I guess thats because those are my favs!

Funny how the off season plays with our minds when we can't be on our coasters!

• Like 4

My latest KI dream was awesome. It was the final night of Haunt and everyone, guests, employees, and actors, were all on roller skates. It was pretty epic.

If you saw someone constantly falling on his butt and having trouble getting back up, that was me. :P

• Like 4

Last night I had a dream that it was the actual Opening Day. It was 10 am, I was running through Coney Mall to Vortex and ended up being one of the first, if not, the first rider of the season and I was power-riding/marathoning it as much as I could while the line was still short. The weird thing was, Vortex's station was in this dark room (kind of like Flight of Fear's station, but without the theming) with dimly lit reddish-pink lights. When I actually "rode" it, the parts that stuck out to me were the lift hill, the first drop, and the two loops. Other than those two parts and the weird-looking station, everything else was much more vague.

Vortex Dreams I've Had During the 2012-2013 Offseason: 6

• Like 2

Sorry for the double post, but I just had another one. This dream was a bit more monotonous, and it didn't have Vortex in it (for once!). I dreamt that I was riding Flight of Fear. That's it. No watching the pre-show, no (half) saucer, no spiels, no launching, no exiting to the park outside. Just riding a train around in near total darkness with a few lights. It was fun, but nothing else occured in the dream. I guess that's why the dream itself was short :P

Last night I had a dream about Kings Island's Race For Your Life Charlie Brown ride. I was walking towards the ride and something was different, it was now called "Camp Interior", which it was on a sign that had the shape of Australia on it. It was well themed in all, the snoopy characters were gone, but now with BB signage and decorations. At the splash zone it really didn't have much, but the sign and the crocodiles. I do not recall the other parts, but I do remember the places where the theme was heavily implemented and was great in detail.

• Like 2

Mutant dream alert! Secure all Posts!

Last night I had a dream about Kings Island's Race For Your Life Charlie Brown ride. I was walking towards the ride and something was different, it was now called "Camp Interior", which it was on a sign that had the shape of Australia on it. It was well themed in all, the snoopy characters were gone, but now with BB signage and decorations. At the splash zone it really didn't have much, but the sign and the crocodiles. I do not recall the other parts, but I do remember the places where the theme was heavily implemented and was great in detail.

• Like 3

Mutant dream alert! Secure all Posts!

What do you mean exactly?

I had a dream last night that I went to visit my grandparents and I could see a train going up the lift hill on DB from their backyard.It was snowing and I ran over to the park and it was opened for 4 hours for just that night. I remember seeing a line for Vortex and telling myself in my dream that I must be dreaming! I think this is just my second KI dream as an adult,and I usually forget my dreams,but not this one,it was crazy seeing the rides open in the snow,and somehow Top Thrill mades its way to the Island? :P

• Like 4

Last night I had another dream that it was Opening Day. It was ERT; I looked at my watch and it said 9:17 a.m. I was so focused on being the first, if not, one of the first riders on Vortex when it opened. There were ropes blocking off the other sections of the park at first, but later on they just disappeared and it was magically 10:00 (or close to there). I saw that WindSeeker was operating as normal, and I wanted to ride it, but I was already headed to Vortex first. When I got to Vortex, it Looked. So. Different!! :huh:. I was watching the ride test, and I suddenly see this red and white train ascend the lift hil. The chain sounded so much more quieter and less Arrow-like. Shake, Rattle & Roll and the Juke Box Diner didn't exist. The path I had been walking and Vortex's queue were going straight through where SR&R and the JBD are in real life. Vortex's station building was in this "L" shape. I began walking through the queue and on the other side of the station building I saw transfer tracks bearing FIVE (yes, five) other trains that looked just like the ride's original trains! I noticed that two of the five trains were a more dull version of the normal blue and orange color scheme, but the other three were more vibrant. I immediately knew that the three vibrantly colored ones were the original Vortex trains! But why weren't they on the main track circuit like they were always destined to be? :huh: This was turning out to be a really weird dream. Before the dream ended, I was reminded of another Vortex-related dream that I had last spring. Once I had thought the word "dream," I woke up in bed. :lol: I then immediately thought, "THANK GOODNESS that this was all just a dream! I never want Vortex to change like that! Never ever ever!" The dream looked so lifelike, but The Vortex part of it was totally unrealistic.

Now I can't wait to go to the park on Opening Day and see Vortex as what it's always been for the past 26 years!

Vortex Dreams I've had During This Offseason: 7

Edited by VortexBFForever
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream about Riding SoB one last time and every time the train went over the track you would here extreme creaking and if you looked at it it was swaying alot. I rode but this time the ending was much different after the rose bowl it turned into of how i would recreate it on RCT2. And even though they didnt have the loop it was still using the old trains.I screamed as loud as i could and then after the ride i realised it look brand new with the yellow wood so i was riding it in 2000! They where about to demolish it then i woke up. Weirdest.Dream.Ever

KI Dreams this off season:8

• Like 2

I had a dream a few nights ago that I was getting ready to get on DB for ERT and the seats in front were facing forward,the middle of the train's seats were facing each other and away from each other every other row and the back of the train's seats were all facing backwards.My kid was already in line for the very last row,and I kept thinking this is going to be crazy and I hope this is safe! :D

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Last night, my most recent KI dream started with me being in line for WindSeeker. Strangely enough, all my friends from school were there too! I went into the ride area, thinking that I had forgotten my seat number, so I just sat in a random seat. Now, the thing I don't like about ride dreams like this is that I never encounter the real-life ride experience. This was apparently the case, again. The ride only went up a little ways and then stopped, and then this marching band with all these dancers came in right under the ride, and put on a show! I thought it was interesting, despite the fact that the ride stood still the whole time. When I was back on the ground, I thought, "I'll ride WindSeeker one more time; then I'll ride Vortex." By that time it was evening. The sun was setting, the lights were coming on and all my school friends had mysteriously disappeared. In the dream, WindSeeker's lights looked just like they did in real life! :lol: I rode WS again. This time, the ride actually went up pretty high, although it rotated very slowly. Afterward, this other ride, which looked almost the same as WindSeeker, caught my attention. The other ride stood on the other side of Vortex, and had exactly the same looks as WindSeeker, lights and everything. But this one didn't just go up and down a tower. It also went around a track circuit. I walked over to the ride, looked at it, and exclaimed, "It's Kings Island's new ride!!!" I never rode the ride though; before I knew it, my radio alarm was going off and pulling me away from dream land. I had almost no trouble recalling that dream in my memory after I woke up, and as I did, I thought, "I'm so posting this on KIC when I get home from school today..." :D

-BFF, who hopes to ride WindSeeker as soon as possible this year, since it is one of her favorite rides.

• Like 5