Kings Island Dreams

DanielRadsgrl

Last night, I had a dream that I rode Beast, and after the final helix, the ride launched me out of my seat and I landed near Flight Deck, which had a brand-new q-line that was patriotic colored and themed. However, upon trying to ride Flight Deck, I kept falling down the entrance ramp (Flight Deck has an entrance ramp? Only in my dreams) because it was slippery. :P

And I realized a while ago...wow, Beast launched me over to Flight Deck? WOW...that's quite the launch. :wacko:

• Like 5

I've literally lost count of how many times I've fallen off of Vortex, not sure why it's always Vortex. But I seem to survive every time. Bruce Willis much.

Before DB I had countless dreams where they had totally redesigned The Beast and the layout is terrible. Post 2009 the same dream except with DB, going from its current state to almost a Galaxi style coaster. I usually get them in the late off season.

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed this topic. Glad I am not the only one who has weird dreams about Kings Island. I have a recurring dream nearly every time I ride WindSeeker. I get to the top, unlatch the restraint and fly like a bird. I never fall, but it still scares me a little bit when I have it.

• Like 6

I dreamed that Congo Falls was either moved or removed and a B&M dive machine took it's place, roughly following the current lift and drop layout. This ride was unique in the fact that it had very wide interlocking corkscrews that interact with the midway as it's signature element and no splash down. It even used the current line and a reworked Congo Falls station house.

• Like 4

I had a dream about Cedar Point last night. I was with Beasie1980 and we were trying to find a coaster to ride. Millie was down and suggested that we go ride Maggie. We ran into a few other KIC'ers there and rode. At that point we got on a ride that looked like Gemini, but was not that ride. Thank I woke up.

• Like 2

OK, a bit late but I had a Kings Island dream last night...or the night before, I'm not 100% sure ATM. First, I rode the new Banshee, which had a pretty accurate layout and everything. Afterwards, I rode The Beast, but the dream skipped over everything after the first turn after the first tunnel. Then, I returned to Action Zone and rode...Son of Beast!?!? And Banshee was still there somehow to boot, with SOB right behind it, as I viewed them from the AZ midway...I even thought "Wait, Son of Beast AND Banshee?" :blink: ...the layout for Son of Beast was accurate, save for one detail- the "Rose Bowl" helix & MCBR was INDOORS, in pitch black darkness, similar to Flight of Fear, but only that section of the ride for some reason... (After the first drop, you entered the building via a tunnel, and exited via another tunnel into the old section where the loop was). In the dream, the Rose Bowl section was kinda rough, but somehow not too much, and had decent laterals. Then I hit the MCBR, and creepy music started playing as build-up for what I think was the loop, but I woke up before the train exited the building and did the section where the loop was, so I dunno if this was looping or non-looping SOB...

And that was yet another of my weird KI dreams. Ehh, still not as weird as SOB and Diamondback fighting each other, though. :P

• Like 7

I'm pretty sure Iron Rattler (Six Flags Fiesta Texas) was in my dream last night; I was slightly above the ride watching a train leave the (uncovered) station with riders and there was a giant Iron Rattler logo sign atop the end of the station (where the ride starts). I remember it doing a slight left turn before the train went out of sight.

• Like 1

Y'all got a long off season to go then xD

My dreams are usually odd...I dream normally black & white and third person about previous events, it's quite odd. Only time in color is if I'm really fully dreaming no clue what's going on, ect...Normally lucid too, kinda odd

Having read up on dreams, it has been documented that most people dream in black and white. I find that odd myself, because I dream in color 99% of the time!

• Like 2

Last night, I had a dream that I was at a KICentral meetup at some amusement park. (I wonder what prompted that.)

Somehow, there was a ride that looked like a 300' tall version of Flight Commander, which everyone rode. The ride dispatched before I was restrained or even seated properly, but I managed to sit down and fasten the restraint mid-cycle. Then I woke up suddenly, meaning that I could actually recall the dream.

I suppose this is what I get for staying up until 1:30am sending messages about the holiday party, looking at LoraX's old KI photos, and reading another article about the 'Vortex' incident in NC.

• Like 7

I just woke up from my first Vortex dream of this offseason!

This dream was really realistic. It was just a normal late afternoon/evening at Kings Island. I was waiting in a short line for Vortex, taking pictures like I normally do. The weird thing was that after the cycle, the train would stop on the LIFT HILL instead of the station! Finally I was next in line to ride, but just when I was stepping into the front seat of the train the dream ended. (Dang it!) :P

Vortex Dreams I've Had This Offseason: 1

• Like 4

Interesting dream about Opening Day next year. I was riding in the usual last row-last train slot on Adventure Express, when the KIC crew came into the line, I believe it was IndyGuy who called "BB1, wait for us!". So after I rode AE, which the layout was flipped, I came back into the station to see the whole group come onto the train, which of course Don Helbig was there getting a photo of the group about to depart from the station.

• Like 5

I've waited some time before posting this, for reasons I thought necessary.

My dream came the night after the New Texas Giant accident. I was on Diamondback, as we came into the last helix, over the path next to the Crypts old building, people just started flying out of the seats. The strangest part was, that though people flew off the train, they would land on the Crypts queue and just kinda slide on their knees, and get up.

• Like 4

It's been awhile, but I once had a dream where my boyfriend and I went to KI on opening day, and during the off season all the rides had been changed to things I wouldn't ride. WindSeeker was kinda like a coaster, with a Drop Tower-esque ending. Even the KI&MVRR was weird. It was similar to AE, but also had 4 loops. The whole thing was weird.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Well its that time of year again when the park is closed for the season and we await the day the gates of fun open up to us again to enjoy our favorite things about Kings Island. In the meantime our minds are let loose to race in our dreams of Banshees and Bats and other things.

I was already having dreams weeks ago about being there for Banshee's opening day and being amongst a giant crowd in awe of the beautiful new coaster as well as seeing The Bat in full flight with its new colors. Every one of my dreams occurs on a sunny day too...its rather pleasant but sad since I can't actually "be there" yet to experience it.

So yeah, feel free to share your dreams as I know I'm not the only one who will be riding the rails in my sleep.

• Like 3

A dream I had was we were in the middle of the forest, and some strange version of Diamondback was there. Me and my friends got on the train, which was covered. I remember it not feeling as thrilling because you could not feel the wind in your hair. We rode it a few times, then they brought out the regular trains. We asked if we could ride it again with those trains, and they said there was not enough time. Then I woke up.

• Like 6