No Twins in 2009 for SFKK....

Guest rcfreak339

Guest rcfreak339
(1/31/09) I got some sad news for Kentucky Kingdom today… especially for anyone hoping to get a ride in on Twisted Twins in 2009. From what I’ve heard there are no plans in place to reopen the section of the park where the raceing / dueling coaster is located yet, though I suppose that could change between now and the summer.

After hearing this I really am debating weather to buy a pass next year. That part of the park is just rotting away and SF is doing nothing about it. The Top Eliminator Dragsters closed in 2004 and guess what, there still sitting there! SFKK needs to just clear that part of the park out except Mile High Falls and just start all over. Without Mile High Falls and Twisted Twins there really is nothing to do. Kentucky Kingdom is sinking faster then ever and I fear Kentucky Kingdom's time is running out.

thats suprising........and here i thought six flags was supposed to be great with theme parks...my second favorite theme park they owend but apparently this year they dont own the park...at least its still there...six flags just seems like from what i have heard over the past year or so that they are going down hill quite a bit...or is it just my imagination running around again

Guest rcfreak339

SFKK has been sinking since the late 90's, I thought they where on the right track in 2007 but when Jay left for SFMM it's sinking faster then ever.

Guest rcfreak339
Those of us who attended the ACE Midwest Storm last year were treated to a whole new perspective of SFKK, and I have fond memories as a result. They obviously need to work on making sure all of the guests have as great of a day as we did.

I also attended this event! Yes that had to be one of the best memories I had a SFKK.

Guest rcfreak339

IMO Kentucky Kingdom would soar if it was just a water park, Splash Water Kingdom is now the main attraction at SFKK. Add a racing slide then some body slides and call my crazy but it could compete with Splashin Safari just up the road.

IMO Kentucky Kingdom would soar if it was just a water park, Splash Water Kingdom is now the main attraction at SFKK. Add a racing slide then some body slides and call my crazy but it could compete with Splashin Safari just up the road.

Rc, I truly wouldnt doubt if you get your wish within 2 years tops. Anyone who wishes to doubt this should simply turn the pges of time back to 2006 and 2007, and look towards Aurora, OH. It seems as if SF is taking some "knowledge" from CF, and some eerily similar things are happening. Close and remove (or in this case simply block off) an entire section of a park, with two major rides SBNO and let the rest of the park fold. Soon, WAH LA... waterpark only. Hopefully in the case of SFKK, they will at least add the sides you are wishing them to add.

• 2 weeks later...
(1/31/09) I got some sad news for Kentucky Kingdom today… especially for anyone hoping to get a ride in on Twisted Twins in 2009. From what I’ve heard there are no plans in place to reopen the section of the park where the raceing / dueling coaster is located yet, though I suppose that could change between now and the summer.

After hearing this I really am debating weather to buy a pass next year. That part of the park is just rotting away and SF is doing nothing about it. The Top Eliminator Dragsters closed in 2004 and guess what, there still sitting there! SFKK needs to just clear that part of the park out except Mile High Falls and just start all over. Without Mile High Falls and Twisted Twins there really is nothing to do. Kentucky Kingdom is sinking faster then ever and I fear Kentucky Kingdom's time is running out.

You know what, I hate to admit it. But I really agree with this. I went there for my senior trip in 2000. There really is not much to do there. I haven't been there since because I have heard nothing but bad things about it. (ex after the girl got her feet cut off) I really like having SFKK. It's the only park here in Ky. Well except beach bend and I don't put them in the same category. The way the economy is, I dont know if SF has the money to bring that part of the park back to life. Is there any real definite answer to why this part of the park is closed? ex. money, broke rides or what?

There is a definite answer, but it has not been made public. I strongly suspect Six Flags will either be getting a huge infusion of capital and/or change hands soon. Look for action in that area (and the closed area of Great Adventure) soon thereafter.

In 2007, The park president said they were going to do something in that area for 2008, but im guessing their post pointing all this til next year?

At the moment, Six Flags is in severe financial difficulty. I expect this to end soon, but how exactly I am not quite sure. Those difficulties have kept the chain from doing a number of things it otherwise would have done. Until the financial matters are resolved, I suspect it is more accurate to assume reopening of the closed area at SFKK has been postponed indefinitely, not to a time certain.