Diamondback's train arrival

kingsisland101

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, I've only been able to make out normal road-type cars near the station. Haven't seen anything that makes me believe the coaster cars are on the cam.

I don't see anthing either, but it looks like the snow is melting and making some interesting lines that colud resemble something new on the site.

I don't know, I've only been able to make out normal road-type cars near the station. Haven't seen anything that makes me believe the coaster cars are on the cam.

I don't see anthing either, but it looks like the snow is melting and making some interesting lines that colud resemble something new on the site.

I was looking at the web cam this morning; and it looks like there is some kind of rain in the storage shed , although it may just me needing to get my eyes checked!

Maria

I was looking at the web cam this morning; and it looks like there is some kind of rain in the storage shed , although it may just me needing to get my eyes checked!

Maria

Those are some good eyes if you can see rain in a shed from that cam. :P

Maria

Might want to edit your post and add your T that disapeared off train.

My bad!! My T is sticking on the keyboard. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but it does look like something is in there!

Maria

It was funny for I did not understand at first. I was thinking "rain" was some ride terminology that I had never heard before. :lol:

It does sound pretty funny once I went back and looked at it :lol: ! It could be rain!!

Maria

At the event, Mr. Helbig said that the trains had been in a hiding place on KI's property for a couple weeks, and they should be going on either by the end of this week or next week.

Also, you can't test the ride until the trackwork is complete, (check) electrical work (not sure), and that's about all I know....testing should be in March or so, I think it was said. I can't remember.

While all the track work may be complete, they may still have some work to do on the supports. After the ride steel was placed, there was a gap between the top of the footing and the bottom of the base plate of the support. Once they have torqued all the bolts the proper amount, they will come back in and fill the gap between the footing and the support with expansive grout. (Some of the supports in the brake run area and lift hill had their grout put in place back in October). The grout provides a uniform surface for the loads to be transferred from the support into the footing, where the loads can be dispersed into the ground. All the grout must be in place (and cured) before the ride can begin testing. Just offering some construction expertise.

At the event, Mr. Helbig said that the trains had been in a hiding place on KI's property for a couple weeks, and they should be going on either by the end of this week or next week.

They should have thrown some pics up on the website of them. I guess we will see them within the next few days.

They should have thrown some pics up on the website of them. I guess we will see them within the next few days.

What, you didn't hear? He showed us trains at the event! You can see them right here!

KIC topics are like onions. Lots of layers.

shrek.jpg

Ok thats great thats all I have to say!!! Last I heard from Mr. Helbig it should be some time with in the next two weeks when the trains would arrive. But mind you that was last week. Im sure they are going to stay in hiding untill the weather lets up. I agree, I dont think they are going to put new trains in the snow.

The implication at the event was exactly that, that we should be seeing them go up as soon as the weather is appropriate. It's supposed to be in the 40's this weekend so hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.

um lets get back on topic. I have no idea how rick has anything to do with trains; excepted when we all got ricked rolled by who ever it was that did that.

Just for reference ... no one was rick rolled in this thread. The link was not a rick roll, and when it is an obviously embedded video, it is not considered a rick roll.