Diamondback's train arrival

kingsisland101

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im glad I am one of those who can do both....type a certain way for txt messages and emails but also can type correctly when needed...guess I am just specail though. lol :lol:

You demonstrated that so well!

I know right?! :lol:

^^Technically it's a triple post now. :) Anyway, I'm excited about appearance of the trains, hopefully soon.

yeah sorry, I even thought about it after I hit the add reply button again. Oh well, crazy computer.

I don't get it

I bolded the errors or text message lingo. My post contained sarcasm. In this case, it was a phrase that stated the opposite of what I meant in order to be a smart aleck.

Do you need to pay more attention in English class, or sarcastic post class? I can teach both, though the first I can only teach at Ivy Tech. ;)

Flyer...who's just messing with you, Jackson!

Wow,

I disabled text messaging on my phone, and I'm a terrible speller.

Now what? No excuses.....

I'm not saying that's the only reason for the problem, so you can use any excuse you want! ;) English is not everyone's strong point. Which is odd since we speak it...strange. :)

lol, I was trying to do both at the same time but it just didnt work out completely....guess I shouldt try to mix the two together anymore....oh well

Yes, oh well. Shouldn't is a contraction and needs an apostrophe. :) There's one last one for the road. Now then, I think we can just agree that making a good faith effort to use correct spelling, puntuation, capitalization, and etcetera is a good thing for the readers of your posts and is enough for these purposes. No one is perfect, and it would drive you crazy to try to be.

I hope something new develops with Diamondback's trains, or this thread will be so far off topic that it will be a train wreck.

Yes, oh well. Shouldn't is a contraction and needs an apostrophe. :) There's one last one for the road. Now then, I think we can just agree that making a good faith effort to use correct spelling, puntuation, capitalization, and etcetera is a good thing for the readers of your posts and is enough for these purposes. No one is perfect, and it would drive you crazy to try to be.

I hope something new develops with Diamondback's trains, or this thread will be so far off topic that it will be a train wreck.

Punctuation

(Monroe, who is a little tired of the Mrs. Grundy lessons when Interp is not around, but is poking fun any ways.)

When the transfer track is to the side like it is at the moment, all they need to do is get a crane capable of lifting one of the cars, and they just slide the cars on one by one. Once they are on the track, there is some wheel adjustment that takes place, but other than that, that's all they need to do. Its probably much harder than I just made it out to be, but that how they do it.

As CoastersRZ once pointed out to me; of the 3 storage tracks, the storage track furthest away from the station has a crane built onto it's rear side. The trains will most likely be lifted onto that track, assembled and coupled together then pushed forward onto the transfer track and placed in the other storage tracks or elsewhere on the ride.

Wow,

I disabled text messaging on my phone, and I'm a terrible speller.

Now what? No excuses.....

I'm not saying that's the only reason for the problem, so you can use any excuse you want! ;) English is not everyone's strong point. Which is odd since we speak it...strange. :)

lol, I was trying to do both at the same time but it just didnt work out completely....guess I shouldt try to mix the two together anymore....oh well

its hard because of all of the rules is why.....and yes, i think that is all we can really do right now is make an effort on what we really know how to do. plus i know im the FURTHEST thing from perfect :lol: unless it comes to medical testing, but that is another story for another time. but no, as for this being a train wreck off and on since it started...but im not going back through to count how many times this has gotten off topic...

dare-to-fly, it's et cetera or etc. or even &c. :)

Monroe, it's Mrs. Grundy.

Terpy, who is stopping before someone accuses him of being a stuffed shirt, which, at one time, he was, more so than now...He's nowhere near round as he once was...

Fixed, got a client on the mind named Bundy.

(It figures, the one time I try to stop the insanity of correction mania I carry it on to the next page. I should have went to bed when I had the chance.)

dare-to-fly, it's et cetera or etc. or even &c. :)

According to Webster, both are correct. I looked it up before I even posted it.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/etcetera

I'm sorry! Man, I'm getting old. That darn Merriam's Third and a Dictionary of Usage (as opposed to THE dictionary). I'm sure dare-to-fly and about three other posters will understand that one. Anywho, I still remember the Latin from both grade school and high school, and from etymology class (no, it's not the study of bugs, kids).

Terpy, whose office sports seven general dictionaries, including a Merriam's Second Unabridged, and a Merriam's Seventh Collegiate...(yep, that old one...), and at least five subject matter dictionaries of various ilk (and who still uses the Internets more often for such purposes nowadays...)