Diamondback's train arrival

kingsisland101

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the young kids around here may not have ever seen one of those devices operating in person before! Back when I was a kid, I would listen to some records on our record player. I even had a "Captain Zoom" record, where he would sing happy birthday to me (and say my name on it, which I thought at the time was totally cool). I also remember a time when walkman`s were all the rage for cassette tapes. With those you had to use the fast forward buttons and hope you held it long enough to get to the next song, otherwise the rewind button would have to be used.

My how technology has changed such a simple task like listening to music. Not to mention many other things in our lives.

You bring up a good point CoastersRZ, and with that we get back on topic. How you ask? Well I will tell you. When I was a youngin, I would go to Coney Island with my family to ride roller coasters and many other types of rides. I would also see entertainment like Frank Sinatra, (who was a regular at the Beverly Hills Super Club) and many other top stars. The technology used to listen to music back then to today can be compared to roller coasters. I will break it down for you.

Shooting Star = 78 (Old record Like the Frank song)

Teddy Bear = 45 (small record still so much fun)

Beast = LP or 33 & 1/3 (very pure sound and very classical)

Galaxi-Bavarian Beetle = 8 track (I will just say......oh never mind, but it was fun.)

Scooby Doo-Beastie-Fairly Odd Coaster= Plastic 45 from cereal box

Racer = Cassette tape (good portable and fun)

Vortex = DAT (Digital Audio Tape, highest quality from magnetic tape)

Diamondback = 100% pure digital

The trains will back me up on this one, so slick looking and cutting edge.

Once the work on the roof has been completed, the ride will be ready for trains. You will be able to watch the trains being placed on the track live through the webcam in a matter of days.

thank you for that post don.

Yay, I am getting so excited! My luck I will miss them being placed on the tracks. It was odd watching the piece of track move over. Just a sign that it's getting closer to that opening day!

Some of the young kids around here may not have ever seen one of those devices operating in person before! Back when I was a kid, I would listen to some records on our record player. I even had a "Captain Zoom" record, where he would sing happy birthday to me (and say my name on it, which I thought at the time was totally cool). I also remember a time when walkman`s were all the rage for cassette tapes. With those you had to use the fast forward buttons and hope you held it long enough to get to the next song, otherwise the rewind button would have to be used.

My how technology has changed such a simple task like listening to music. Not to mention many other things in our lives.

Wait you had the "Captain Zoom" birthday records as well? Same here, my Mom actually broke that out on my 21st birthday a few years back. Hahaha

another question...how exactly do they put a train onto a coaster....i mean i have a general idea (i think) of how it works...are there any videos or something i could look up to give me a visual?

People need to start searching more...

Hey I think it is a good place to ask that question. I have been wondering that also.

^The said question has been asked lord only knows how many times in the last few weeks.

I know that there are a lot of new members out there who are unfamiliar with what has been asked before, or new enough that they don't read as much as others do, which is perfectly fine, but how many times has someone asked a question like that and someone replied saying to use search? Please Search so that we do not have to answer questions like that, or so we don't have to have page after page of already answered questions.

[/rant]

^The said question has been asked lord only knows how many times in the last few weeks.

I know that there are a lot of new members out there who are unfamiliar with what has been asked before, or new enough that they don't read as much as others do, which is perfectly fine, but how many times has someone asked a question like that and someone replied saying to use search? Please Search so that we do not have to answer questions like that, or so we don't have to have page after page of already answered questions.

[/rant]

sorry, im bad at just asking and not looking...

kitten, who now looks silly...

[/rant]

sorry, im bad at just asking and not looking...

kitten, who now looks silly...

Don't worry about looking silly.

I think the whole "search" topic could have been handled a little more politely.

Asking how the trains go on the tracks seems like a perfectly good question to me.

At least your post is on topic.