How much would your pay for the first ride?

firehawk fan

How much money would you pay to be the first to ride Diamondback? Being in these bad economic times and my hubbie being laid off; I don't think I could afford a pricey amt; as much as I would like to be part of it and that it is for an awesome cause ! I think I'm going to take advantage of the Road Warrior weekend and it's early ride times. (we have season passes)

What do you think will be the highest bid? Just a guess. Cause I know it's not going to be $50 bucks :P

Maria

Umm there's like 2 other topics about the same thing? Can't we just ask this question there?

I'm very new here, so sorry I didn't realize there was 2 other topics. I'll make sure before I post a topic I check first. You really don't have to be so testy! This site is great by the way! I'm just learning how to work the forums.

Thanks!

Umm there's like 2 other topics about the same thing? Can't we just ask this question there?

I'm very new here, so sorry I didn't realize there was 2 other topics. I'll make sure before I post a topic I check first. You really don't have to be so testy! This site is great by the way! I'm just learning how to work the forums.

Thanks!

I'm so sorry if I sounded snappy. I was new here to a little while ago. No anger was intended. My bad.

Thanks!

I'm so sorry if I sounded snappy. I was new here to a little while ago. No anger was intended. My bad.

So nice when we can all get along. Just remember we are all new to the forums at first!!

I am not the type of person that finds "extra" joy in riding first. If I'm the last ride of the day that I'm there, thats just fine with me.

I can say then, I hope the Minimum amount to ride is around 500 bucks, with the first seat going for over 1500.

It is a great cause, and major kudos to the KI gurus for doing it this way!!!!

I think this topic's valid. He's asking how much we think seats will go for.

I don't see the majority of seats going for over $1000. Though you have to realize that something like that would be a great thing. I can see the first few bids being four digit amounts, but most of them being in the hundreds. That's just my guess.

Remember that bidding is first come, first serve - so if you plan to make a bid of $50 or $100, I'd do it now so you can secure a spot in the roster before the high rollers move in.

Remember that bidding is first come, first serve - so if you plan to make a bid of $50 or $100, I'd do it now so you can secure a spot in the roster before the high rollers move in.

I'll certainly keep this in mind. I'm doubtful that I'll go much higher. Any more and I'll be sacrificing money that I just don't have to spend right now. It goes back to the economy!

We are currently bidding on the first ride of Diamondback, and we also won an auction for the first ride of Led Zeppelin - The Ride at (the now defunct) Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach, SC on April 15, 2008. The front seats in that auction went for a little over $600 a piece and we paid about $250 for a seat in the back row (there was only one train of seats auctioned for a true "first" ride). I think due to KI's visibility and the Diamondback's press, the top amount will probably be higher than for Led Zeppelin, but I can't imagine the numbers going to the level of $1,000+ for many seats. Great idea by KI, however, and I think it is also great for the charity...all major parks should think about doing this for new rides, it supports good causes and adds some excitement to the opening of the ride.

The initial 96 bids were fulfilled today. From here on out, you have to mid more than the minimum bid in order to make it onto the board. It's still first come, first serve so unless you intend to drop a lot of money place your bids early!!

Now things should get interesting!

Who wants it most?

I wouldn't pay a penny >.< I have no problem being patient and waiting for all the people who can afford it to go first. But I won't be riding on opening day anyway, I have better things to do than wait all day for a coaster where the only attraction is going fast.

Well some of us want to pay that penny just for the pure fact its going to needy kids, not just a ride that goes fast! And I know that DB has more perks than "going fast"!!

Just an update on the auction. There is now a Allan H. from Texas who has bid $100 for spots 65 through 96. That means that those spots have generated $3,100 for A Kid Again. Additionally, KICentral`s $600 bid has fallen to fifth place! This means that the minimum bid to partake in the auction is now more than a $100.

The top ten bidders have now raised $8,000 combined! Remember that the real winners are the kids who benefit from A Kid Again. Remember that there are still two months left on the auction!

• 1 month later...