A kudos to the moderators

I know this seems kind of random, but I'm in the progress of watching my other favorite forum sliding downhill due to poor moderation. The members do nothing but argue and there are more spam posts than real posts. The few posts that there are legitimate are all on the same topic, to the point I completely stopped reading entire sections of the site because there was nothing new. I've been a member of that site for about nine years (it's not a small site either - about 40,000 registered members) and have seen this downward spiral from the beginning and to what I fear might be the end.

I just want to say a huge thank you to the entire moderation team to this forum. This is by far the highest quality forum I'm a member of. Petty arguments and insults are not tolerated, maturity is expected, spam posts are never even seen. I appreciate all the work that goes into keeping this forum at the level that it is and I hope you guys know that your members really enjoy it! I have no fear of seeing this forum reduced to nothing like my other forum is, because the moderation team is sharp, witty, and quick to the point. Good job to everyone!

I second all of that.

I joined 2 different forums where people were pretty much coaster snobs, and judged you based on your ride/park count. My questions were answered rather rudely, and it got to the point where I left the sites.

I'm a member of another forum where I have gotten to where I am afraid to post there anymore because of the rudeness from several members. Some of the mods are really rude, and the admin locks threads when he's in a bad mood. People have left because they are constantly getting harassed, and all anyone wants to do is start arguments. I'm not a fan of confrontation so I am not happy about that. It is getting bad to where one of the mods stepped down because they were tired of what goes on with the site. I rarely post there anymore, the fun has gone out of it.

I just wanted to find a site where I could meet new people and share my love for parks, coasters, and thrill rides.. I found it here. I've even recruited some of my friends to be members here. It is nice to be a member of a site where everyone is welcome, and everyone including the mods and admins are passionate about Kings Island and other parks.

Thanks, KICentral, for being the only coaster enthusiast website worth posting in. You guys do a spectacular job with everything here.. I'm not going anywhere.

I 100% agree! You guys are great.. The other forum I'm on, completely degrades you depending on your post count?!? Not to mention you have weekly updates and great events like the off season blues party that I could not attend. Great job guys, keep up the great work!

I'm a member of another forum where I have gotten to where I am afraid to post there anymore because of the rudeness from several members. Some of the mods are really rude, and the admin locks threads when he's in a bad mood. People have left because they are constantly getting harassed, and all anyone wants to do is start arguments. I'm not a fan of confrontation so I am not happy about that. It is getting bad to where one of the mods stepped down because they were tired of what goes on with the site. I rarely post there anymore, the fun has gone out of it.

For a second I thought you was referring to a site that is basically fans of SeaWorld, but when you said "he" for admin rather than "she" gave it away you weren't referring to it.

Yeah... I'm not really an active poster, I enjoy reading mostly...but kudos to you fellas.

I know this seems kind of random, but I'm in the progress of watching my other favorite forum sliding downhill due to poor moderation.

Hey, CBuzz is moderated!?! ;)

But anyway, yeah, I guess I agree with much that is being said, although the noob-ness here can be a little tedious at times...but I just ignore those threads or posts.

But don't give up on the fan communities...there are some good one's still out there (IMO) like CWMania, and one's for GAdv and SFNE...good people there! :)

To clear it up - the forum I'm referring to is not a coaster or amusement park-related site. Totally different subject matter, actually. But, it just goes to show that no matter what you're talking about, you've got the good forums and the bad - it's all a matter of how well it's run.

To be honest I joined this site just to get the text update for Diamondbacks announcement. I hadn't been on for a while and on another website there was a member that told me to check out this site more because I recognized his user name. Beast1979 pointed me back to this site and I am so glad I am back. I am a member on a lot of different forums but none of them have have been this awesome. You guys really do a great job in keeping the spam out and the KI talk in. Other forums are very rude and just make you feel like you did something wrong.

Great job! Thanks for the awesome community!