Ghoster Coaster

thebeastisawsume

There use to be sections of the track along with the lift tower up on the hill behind SOB, back on the way to the greenhouse. There are quite a few things back there, old tram cars, old HB benches, and way back in the trees a feeding/sleeping house from the safari. . .

If someone was interested in purchasing one of the old HB benches who would you call?

I don't know who you would call. I don't know that the park would even allow you to purchase any of the benches, especially since HB may be coming back within a year or two :rolleyes: . Although, with CF's debt, they just might sell you a bench, though it probably wouldn't be too cheap.

Anyways, I would try calling/ sending an email to the PR guy, a manager, or try calling guest relations and see if they can point you in the right direction.

On tha map you can also see,

Two haunt hurses (maby three)

The Phantom theater cars bunched up in a group

giant spongebob in storage lot (depends on what you view shows, mine keeps changing

the wole Adventure Express ride :lol:

piles of green track (king cobra?)

rusted track

orange track and possibly monorail cars, i cant tell (looks like a white bus

I have quite a few pictures taken by me of the King Cobra track in the graveyard from 2005. They're around here somewhere. I may have to do some searching.

Also there are quite a few trams parked back behind SOB. While driving through that area it reminds a person of the "elephant grave yard" from the lion king... only with trams...

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?rtp=adr....TE4MDA1MzcxMDk0

okay this link takes you to the end of Kings Island drive, and if you switch to birds eye then go to the field by Son of Beast you can see the ghoster coaster's track, and you can also see the old nick central sign.

That map is kind of cool (if not a little weird), in some images you can see the GWL under construction, in others it fully complete. Also, just up the road from KI/GWL, you can see the old driveway entrance to the old College Football Hall of Fame and the floodlights for the field they had on site (Moeller used to play there back when I was in High School). For those too young to know, this was one of Taft Broadcasting Co's failed ideas to build a resort area around KI.

I remember when I went back there behind the green house, there cars and parts from the old HB rides, Trams, HB benches, and even went back and saw the animal feeding house. I remember you could see the tall black fence, with barbwire at the top, must have been close to 12 feet high. I wish I took pictures but there were three of us in the truck, and I was in the middle. :(

• 2 weeks later...
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?rtp=adr....TE4MDA1MzcxMDk0

okay this link takes you to the end of Kings Island drive, and if you switch to birds eye then go to the field by Son of Beast you can see the ghoster coaster's track, and you can also see the old nick central sign.

That map is kind of cool (if not a little weird), in some images you can see the GWL under construction, in others it fully complete. Also, just up the road from KI/GWL, you can see the old driveway entrance to the old College Football Hall of Fame and the floodlights for the field they had on site (Moeller used to play there back when I was in High School). For those too young to know, this was one of Taft Broadcasting Co's failed ideas to build a resort area around KI.

If you look over in the coaster graveyard (behind X-base) the picture changes too. Sometimes it'll be current, with Firehawk in place and with a variety of things back there, most of which I can't make out. Some look like orange barrels from the Worksite haunt, and a bunch of cars from various attractions. Sometimes it'll be older, without Firehawk and the only thing back there is piles and piles of King Cobra track. On the current view, it looks like the only remaining KC track is a brake run.

• 1 year later...

So, I did a Google Earth search last night and looked at the graveyard area near The Racer... in addition to a couple of large white trucks, and a large orange container of some sort, I noticed two rows of what appear to be green-ish yellow coaster track.

The map image is dated July '10. I know King Cobra is supposed to be long since scrapped and off-site, so what ride could these bits be from? Is it at all possible there are a few remnants of Cobra remaining?

Here is the link to video of HB Land, circa 1998, with special focus being on Ghoster Coaster. I never got the chance the experience this ride, and considering how slow and dull it looked, I didn't miss much.:lol:

• 1 month later...

I got the opportunity to ride Ghoster Coaster once and from what I remember it was more like a leisure stroll atop the trees, until the very end, then ouch. The only calling card for the ride in my opinion was the elevator style lift system.

I too had the opportunity to take one spin on the ride. I`m glad I was able to, if nothing else to say that I was able to ride the ride. It was not a very enjoyable ride experience by any means. I suppose it was a nice kiddy coaster, but the capacity on the ride was not great when the cars only held two people at a time!