Things I would like to know...

standbyme

I have never actually started a topic here, but I have been visiting this board a few times a day for a few months now. Since there seems to be quite a few employees on here, there are trivial (and I do mean trivial) things that I am curious about. If anyone is bored, and cares to share some info...

#1. The Racer is 10 times better WHEN it is racing...is it up to the people operating the ride that day whether they race them or not? Are they SUPPOSED to race them...or does Kings Island even care about this feature anymore?

#2. How many different Hanna Barbera characters were there? Were they all available at the park, or were different outfits rotated from park to park year to year?

#3. On Congo Falls, as the boat is about to make the final turn back to the starting point, the burst of water which sometimes "gets you" and sometimes doesn't, is that just luck, or is it controled by the operator?

#4. Similar question, near the end of Whitewater Canyon are any of the blasts contolled by the operator in the hut on the hill?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.) On Congo Falls, the blasts at the end are "luck" for the most part. There is just an on and off switch. So being an op you can try to control when it goes by turning it on and off. But it is basically luck.

4.) As for WWC, it is completely opposite. The op has control over the two huge geysers that get you. I love that spot. Getting people soaked is awesome, especially when the don't know it's you! HAHA! Later

As for the HB Characters... i don't know the exact number but there are characters from most nick shows and many others... Jimmy Neutron, Tommy, Chuckie, Angelica, Dora, Sponge Bob, Scooby, Astro...etc...... There are more i just can't think of them. I think it is just our park that keeps them, they also do sponsering thngs in the off season.

ok im not positive but at one time we have had, Scooby doo, yogi bear, cindy bear, boo boo, snagglepuss, quickdraw, huckleberry hound, fred, george, barney, dino, hong kong phooey, jabnberjaws, hairbear bunch, captain caveman, astro, Tommy, chuckie, angelica, hey arnold, dora, spongebob, blue, eliza, donnie, jimmy neutron, smurfs, and others that i cant remember.

Hello again,

I was gone for the weekend, and just got back. I would like to say thanks for all of the answers. The water ride questions I have wondered about for quite awhile now! I once rode Congo Falls in late October a few years back. It was pretty cold out, no sunshine, and we were amazed it was even running. Me and my friends were LITERALLY the only ones that rode the ride that day before they shut it down around noon. We rode it once and didn't get squirted...so we rode it again and got drenched...until now, we were always wondering if it was the operators way of saying "leave us alone here so we can just talk!". I now know the answer.

I think that the geysers are timed or have some sort of sensor, I'd ask people that ran rides. Racer doesn't race most of the time because it's a capacity killer as said if you wait for both. I think on quiet days they could wait though. I think upper management would like to see both race all year.

As stated by people earlier the geysers on congo are timed. As for The Racers not racing, it seems to me that if they race, that would mean they would comd back into the station together, and could again leave together, which in theory wouldnt kill capacity, but it never works out that way becase you always have someone slow gettting in or out of the train and such.

The Twin Racer does not race for a number of reasons. First of all, it IS a capacity killer. The people getting in and out of the ride may take too long causing too much time between BOTH trains. I have worked both sides on BOTH kinds of days (Racing and not racing). Racing is actually more of a pain in the ass than nonracing. Second reason they don't race is because there are some people who are not as quick at doing things (checking bars). Finally, Teenage Ninja, Upper Management does NOT want to see them race because people will not be able to get on quickly and the lines would be longer.

Let me tell you what it is like to be a Ride Operator! People get mad if they have to wait 30 seconds for the ride. People are very rude, and mean towards ride operators. The Racer has had lines over 30 minutes long. When the park is populated enough, and all the que lines are open the wait is any where from 45 minutes to an hour. Even if the ride is walk on, people do not like to wait for their train. That is how the general population is. It is called McDonaldization. People are in a hurry...they do not want to wait for anything!

Thats great..............McDonaldization............LOL. Now only if it weren't so Ironic that fast food is rarely fast. I do appreciate the ride ops, and they do have a job to do, so everyone who is mean to them, KNOCK IT OFF, and we will all be a lot happier! B)

Hey Dank I worked in food, that is alot worse than ride oping I guarentee it. We have to talk to everyone we encounter, and if the slightest thing is wrong we get crabbed at more than you do. Enough flaming, but I honestly think hearing a couple complaints before the ride and having a full train of COMPLIMENTS at the end of the ride would be worth it.

Sorry about that The Other D. I figured that since Dank has had so many names that it would be him. Potato Works complains alot, especially about fries being burnt, too hot, too cold, unsalted. We get a lot of complaints. On carts you don't really cook food though so it's a totally different situation. I'm not saying I minded it, but I'm not going to be working there next year anyways.