Diamondback Wait Time

beastrider97

...and the weather. If it pours rain all morning (which I most certainly hope it does not), the coaster still will not open until after the opening ceremonies and first rides for the charity auction...but then there will probably be a much reduced crowd waiting in the park for the new coaster. Even then, much would depend on the forecast for the rest of the day, the temperature...what weather had been like for the past month and on and on and on.

Put another way, as has been said, who knows? Not even the park.

Wow! A post like this already?? Hopefully it'll still be a few more months until the "Will you be able to sleep at all the night before D-back opens" threads, but 'tis Terpy is the monarch on this one with weather being the biggest factor.

Assuming weather is not a factor, it might reach over 4 hours at its peak, but even I the self-proclaimed Mentalist of KIC cannot fully grasp acuity on this question.

But I for one definitely intend to wait for as long as is sane (i.e. ignoring station-wait's for Firehawk or Delirium or Invertigo to wait four hours for one D-back ride wouldn't make a whole lot of sense), but without question D-back will be pretty much the only thing I ride for most of my KI trips this season...if for any reason, mingling with the "folks"/GP and espousing my D-back expertise to first time riders will have some captivation.

I think due to it being a B&M as Beast1979 stated, it will have good capacity and will push through many riders per hour giving it the best capacity in the park. So I am guessing probably openning day wait of 3 hours backed up into Nick U. Then evry day In the summer, weekdays, 1 hour to 2. Weekends in the summer 2-3 hours with a miserably hot queue line.

Posted from my iPhone!!!

^^Except, granted I never went to Canada's Wonderland on an exceptionally busy day this past year, I NEVER waited longer than 1.5 hours for Behemoth...in addition, the CWMania peeps claim the entire Behemoth queue completely full only holds a 2.5 hours wait, intentionally designed that way (so they say) to disuade people from waiting in line for an extended amount of time, which I pray D-back's queue design has a similar approach!!

^ I actually hope that the queue never gets that full in the first place, avoiding that very problem!

To add to your question about the queue, I'm curious to see exactly how much of the queue you'll be able to see from the ride entrance. Of course, if they posted some type of a "Ride Wait Time is Approximately __ Minutes From This Point" sign it'd be even better. I'm interested to see if they'll eventually do this ala Cedar Point not only for this ride but for the other more popular rides as well.

Well, it should be noted that at the end of last season, Son of Beast actually sported one of these approximate wait time signs... The only issue is that the signs are approximates, and therefore the actual wait time could vary. They are not as accurate as Disney`s wait time signs. For those, they actually give guests cards that are scanned when they enter the line. They are then scanned when they get to the actual ride, updating the ride wait times using real information, not just approximations.

I don't know about KI, but at CP the wait times are locked, and can only be unlocked (to be changed) with an alan wrench in the back...making my attempt to change a (wrong!) time unsuccessful due to no alan wrench, and taking the time to unlock it would likely lead to being noticed by someone, however, if they were unlocked....

Well, it should be noted that at the end of last season, Son of Beast actually sported one of these approximate wait time signs... The only issue is that the signs are approximates, and therefore the actual wait time could vary. They are not as accurate as Disney`s wait time signs. For those, they actually give guests cards that are scanned when they enter the line. They are then scanned when they get to the actual ride, updating the ride wait times using real information, not just approximations.

Excellent point. CP's signs, though not always accurate, will at least err on the side of overestimating wait times, which is nice for your psyche anyway! I'd still argue that, particularly for queues like Flight of Fear or Top Gun, it'd be nice to be able to get at least an estimate so that you're not having to walk into the ride line only to backtrack when the line is too long for your taste.

We tried to keep the SOB sign pretty up to date. When one or two of us would go on break we would check the line and move the arrow to the right time. And during the Haunt when we had one person out at greeter, I know I would always try to keep the time about correct. It was hard though to keep it accurate.

Disney's system works very well plus you feel special when they give you one of the red cards to take through.

It's hard to say. It depends on so many factors. A weekday when school is still in session, could reduce the crowd. Weather is certainly a contributing factor. Other factors can include events at the park, Weekends, Other Cincinnati events, going early in the week, or going early or late in the day.

I think that I would aim for a Tuesday or Wednesday when some schools are still in session, there is a Cincinnati Reds game going on, and it is raining, early in the day.

Like what the others sayed about Raptor, even when the hole queue is full. The wait was no more than 50 mins to a hour. But Raptor's seats are in a row across, while Diamondback seats are per car two seats side by side in front, then two seats apart behind them. I could be wrong but I would prefer the seats to be in a row, like Raging Bull or Apollo's Chariot. When I was there in 2006 at SFGA, I only waited 20 min's for Raging Bull on a busy day. Along with Apollo's Chariot, busy day max wait was 20 to 25 mins.

Last year was my longest wait in a line ever. I waited an hour and twenty min for Firehawk. It was a beautiful, sunny, busy day!! I think as long as there isnt much down time, and things go smooth I dont think the wait time should be over 90min. And yes.... I WILL WAIT!!!!

Let's be honest here --

The wait for Diamondback the first weekend is going to be long. Very long. Regardless of the weather, it'll be long, so you have a few options:

-You can wait for a few hours for it in line.

-Participate in the Gold Pass early rides.

-Bid on a first ride by clicking on the link in my signature.

Guest rcfreak339
^Wow Terpy! I dont think i would ever wait that long for a ride at Kentucky Kingdom period. The only one i would consider would be the one and only Chang.

I waited 3 hours for Chang before and it was in the Summer of 2007 and also worth every second.